Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Stepping Up!!
Hello All,

Like to tell everyone Study.com has really improved in the last couple of weeks. Only been a member for about 2.5 weeks and in just that time they now allow you to get a tentative score report right after the exam. Also, In less than 24 hours I received an e-mail telling me my exam has been reviewed and is good to go. My ACE Request went through before I got the e-mail, it was accepted the same day as the test. If they keep this up I think they may start seeing more people use Study.com over SL. I haven't used SL yet but need to (as of right now) because of classes I need. If study.com was to make these classes available I might just stay right here and finish them up.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

Like to tell everyone Study.com has really improved in the last couple of weeks. Only been a member for about 2.5 weeks and in just that time they now allow you to get a tentative score report right after the exam. Also, In less than 24 hours I received an e-mail telling me my exam has been reviewed and is good to go. My ACE Request went through before I got the e-mail, it was accepted the same day as the test. If they keep this up I think they may start seeing more people use Study.com over SL. I haven't used SL yet but need to (as of right now) because of classes I need. If study.com was to make these classes available I might just stay right here and finish them up.

Haha, that's the opposite of me. I've tried so many Straighterline courses and it's been great so far...
Some tests I tried to do were during their downtime and they've been great rescheduling those finals...
I do have a few courses I would like to take from Study.com and they're all UL (Upper Level) for personal enrichment reasons.
I want to try their Biology offerings (Human Genetics and Pathophysiology) for credit towards the TESU ASNSM (Biology).

Actually have a question for them, if they're reading this thread or for senior members. What's the best way to go about taking
a few courses from Study.com? I am thinking of doing 3 months with them as they have a special for that (25% off).
And within those three months, if I need extra courses for personal enrichment or requirements for my other degree...
Should I just pay $70 for the extra exams for 3 credits, until I get to my goal of X courses/credits? I think that's workable.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi all-

First of all, thank you for the awesome feedback! We work hard to make your experience as positive as we can, so it's great to hear that our site is meeting your credit needs Smile.

Also, to clarify, our current promotion is 20% off for 3 months, but you do not need to use the full three months if you don't need them! With the discount, you can still purchase additional exams to earn credit even more quickly. You can find the details in our blog in the alternative credit section.

Thanks!
Study.com
Does anyone know the turn around time for them grading final projects? I plan on sending in my final project for Advanced Accounting I tomorrow and then taking the Final on December 3rd. Will I know by then what I got on the final project or does it take just as long for them to review the projects as it does the tests?
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Does anyone know the turn around time for them grading final projects? I plan on sending in my final project for Advanced Accounting I tomorrow and then taking the Final on December 3rd. Will I know by then what I got on the final project or does it take just as long for them to review the projects as it does the tests?

I'm interested in this as well since my son is taking Global Business and then Project Management, and both require papers/projects. I'm concerned about his ability to complete both classes before the end of his 3 month membership if the papers take too long to grade.

On a related note, if a paper is turned in but not yet graded, can the final exam be taken?
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,360 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,489 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 605 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 684 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM