Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com UL Credit Plan for Two Degrees
I'm already going for BALS and BSBA HR at the same time. I sent all my prior credits and got it evaluated and as I predicted, all I need for a BALS is just the UL and capstone. So far I've only taken LL credit from Study.com and I'm about to start UL courses.

After searching this forum this is what I've found correct me if I'm wrong, these all count as UL and for both degrees. Also, TESU told me 9 AOS credits can overlap.

I'm for sure taking: Organizational Theory (UL) as a BSBA req. and BALS AOS.

So that means out of these, I'd need to pick four. Three will count towards both degrees and one will count solely for the BALS. According to searches on this forum, all of the following courses count as UL AOS credit for both degrees:

-Sociology of Work
-Industrial-Organizational Psychology
-Leadership & Organizational Behavior 
-Foundations of Leadership 
-Leadership Communications 
-Leading Organizational Change

Any recommendations for what I should choose? Whatever ones I don't choose will be left as a contingency plan in case a policy changes or it doesn't transfer as planned etc.

Also, I plan on taking the substance abuse DSST for my 5th UL BALS credit to diversify my area of study and I know it for sure won't count for the BSBA. Any study resources for this?
I have heard that Leadership & OB cannot be used in the BALS. I'm going to guess Foundations of Leadership and Leading Org Change may not work either. I'd check with TESU before taking those.

I'd consider Organizational Communications. It's much shorter than Leadership Comm, with only 1 assignment instead of 2. Managerial Comm would be my 2nd choice. I have notes that all 3 will work in the BALS AOS.

Management Ethics will also work, it comes in as PHI-400. Fairly short, 2 assignments.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This is great info for me as well! Thanks dfrecore. I was just starting with sociology of work. But I see that Org communication is shorter.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(12-23-2018, 02:22 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I have heard that Leadership & OB cannot be used in the BALS.  I'm going to guess Foundations of Leadership and Leading Org Change may not work either.  I'd check with TESU before taking those.

I'd consider Organizational Communications.  It's much shorter than Leadership Comm, with only 1 assignment instead of 2.  Managerial Comm would be my 2nd choice.  I have notes that all 3 will work in the BALS AOS.

Management Ethics will also work, it comes in as PHI-400.  Fairly short, 2 assignments.

So what you are saying is you think Organizational Communications and Managment Ethics would work for both degrees?

You think Leadership & OB, Leading Org Change will work for the BSBA  HR UL? Anything else that would for the BSBA HR UL?

Obviously, there are a lot more options for BALS UL, however, I really want to try to find courses that count for both if possible. Also, my interest lies in leadership and communications, and I've over 20 books related to the topic of leadership this year, so I'm sure those courses won't be too difficult and still teach me a few new things.

Also any confirmation Organizational Theory works for both?
@dfrecore What did you use for your UL BSBA credit?
(12-23-2018, 01:26 PM)natshar Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 02:22 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I have heard that Leadership & OB cannot be used in the BALS.  I'm going to guess Foundations of Leadership and Leading Org Change may not work either.  I'd check with TESU before taking those.

I'd consider Organizational Communications.  It's much shorter than Leadership Comm, with only 1 assignment instead of 2.  Managerial Comm would be my 2nd choice.  I have notes that all 3 will work in the BALS AOS.

Management Ethics will also work, it comes in as PHI-400.  Fairly short, 2 assignments.

So what you are saying is you think Organizational Communications and Managment Ethics would work for both degrees?

You think Leadership & OB, Leading Org Change will work for the BSBA  HR UL? Anything else that would for the BSBA HR UL?

Obviously, there are a lot more options for BALS UL, however, I really want to try to find courses that count for both if possible. Also, my interest lies in leadership and communications, and I've over 20 books related to the topic of leadership this year, so I'm sure those courses won't be too difficult and still teach me a few new things.

Org Theory is required for the BSBA HR, and will definitely work for the BALS (as it comes in as PSY-360).

If I were you, I would contact TESU directly about what will and won't work for each degree.  Have a few courses that you want to know about specifically, just ask about those (I would choose 3 including the Study.com course number and the TESU course equivalency number), and get those clarified.  In writing.  Then, send another email about another 2-3 courses.  There is just no other way to know for 100% certain than to get them planned into your degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • natshar
(12-23-2018, 04:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 01:26 PM)natshar Wrote:

Org Theory is required for the BSBA HR, and will definitely work for the BALS (as it comes in as PSY-360).

If I were you, I would contact TESU directly about what will and won't work for each degree.  Have a few courses that you want to know about specifically, just ask about those (I would choose 3 including the Study.com course number and the TESU course equivalency number), and get those clarified.  In writing.  Then, send another email about another 2-3 courses.  There is just no other way to know for 100% certain than to get them planned into your degree.

Good idea. Thanks for being so helpful on this forum.

I'm for sure doing Organizational Theory on Study, probably start it after the holidays.

I'm also for sure taking the substance abuse DSST in about four weeks. I plan on taking the HRM DSST the week after that. For both those, I'll conveniently already be at a CC that is also a testing center and already have an hour or two to kill. So that works out perfectly.

Davar's Organizational Behavior comes in as UL according to their website, so that would both meet a required course and be used as UL credit for the BSBA.

I still have a few business core requirements left too. I'm going to use onlinedegree for macro and accounting 1 and hope it works out. Can't beat the price.

I also already completed 100% of the quizzes for Mentoring & Leadership Development in the Workplace, just need to the final. Does it count for the BSBA HR?

I'll definitely email them, but in the meantime, this gives me more than enough to work on.

I'm excited to actually work towards finishing my degree. The past few months I've been just doing the free and easy credits, figuring out what I want to do, and making a plan. Now its time to get to the action! 2019 will be the year I finish my Bachelor's degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Muldoon
As a course, Org Theory is quite simple and straight forward. I completed it fairly quickly. Writing the paper took a little more time, but it was a good learning experience.

You can look up for my comments on the study.com courses appraisal thread. I/O Psychology is a little more complex.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(12-23-2018, 05:28 PM)Supermind Wrote: As a course, Org Theory is quite simple and straight forward. I completed it fairly quickly. Writing the paper took a little more time, but it was a good learning experience.

You can look up for my comments on the study.com courses appraisal thread. I/O Psychology is a little more complex.

There's an appraisal thread? where? How do I access it?

Good to know. I'm pretty sure I/O Psych would count for both, but I'd much prefer to take leadership or communication courses.
This is the thread title: The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input!
Search for this, and you will see many posts about courses, how easy/difficult they are etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,369 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,752 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 608 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 948 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue