Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses
Bj
It was managerial communications. Sdc added two more assignments to the course. The 3rd assignment is 2000-3000 words.

I should be done now with sdc. I took the tecep for managerial comm and missed it by 1 question. I didn’t study for it. Just took it. I took the free tecep hoping to get out of the third assignment but it didn’t work out that way. It’s okay though got er done 

I also took the tecep for international business. And scored an 89.

I lack the capstone and bs cis will be done. I lack 3 ul accounting courses for the bs accounting/ cpa
(09-18-2023, 10:40 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Bj
It was managerial communications. Sdc added two more assignments to the course. The 3rd assignment is 2000-3000 words.

I should be done now with sdc. I took the tecep for managerial comm and missed it by 1 question. I didn’t study for it. Just took it. I took the free tecep hoping to get out of the third assignment but it didn’t work out that way. It’s okay though got er done 

I lack the capstone and bs cis will be done. I lack 3 ul accounting courses for the bs accounting/ cpa

Interestingly, TECEP Managerial Communication has 1 essay that is worth a whopping 40 points!!! That means, in theory, if you score 100% on the essay, you could score 50% on the multiple-choice questions and still pass.

Business in Society has the same scoring system except for 5 essays instead of 1 and only a 60% overall passing score.

You're on the home stretch, keep going.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
Yea. I’m sure I didn’t get 40 points on the essay. I missed it by 2 points. So I just assumed it was one question. Crazy I needed a 70 on managerial comm and got a 68. And needed a 60 on business society and received an 89. Lol. If it had been reversed I’d a been set.

Thanks. I’m Concerned about the coppersmith accounting courses. Not alot of feedback out there on them.
@Pats20... You may want to post your evaluation of remaining credits if you would like someone to recommend you want courses to take for cost, ease, speed, I think the WIKI is the best option for those courses remaining.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-18-2023, 02:53 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Yea. I’m sure I didn’t get 40 points on the essay. I missed it by 2 points. So I just assumed it was one question. Crazy I needed a 70 on managerial comm and got a 68. And needed a 60 on business society and received an 89. Lol. If it had been reversed I’d a been set.

Thanks. I’m Concerned about the coppersmith accounting courses. Not alot of feedback out there on them.

You did great for no studying. I studied for 20 hours and still failed Network Tech TECEP scoring in the 50's. Lol.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-18-2023, 03:00 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 02:53 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Yea. I’m sure I didn’t get 40 points on the essay. I missed it by 2 points. So I just assumed it was one question. Crazy I needed a 70 on managerial comm and got a 68. And needed a 60 on business society and received an 89. Lol. If it had been reversed I’d a been set.

You did great for no studying. I studied for 20 hours and still failed Network Tech TECEP scoring in the 50's. Lol.
Yea. I should clarify  that I didn’t study ‘per say’. I took the sdc courses the  Quizzes and finals. I was just trying to get out of the assignments, which I succeeded with the business society tecep. The sdc course has two 2000 word papers. But yea. I just signed up for both teceps, paid the $12 extra to schedule it like now. No prep. Then took both back to back. Oddly the bus in society was the 2nd exam.
(09-18-2023, 03:17 PM)Pats20 Wrote:

Yea. I should clarify  that I didn’t study ‘per say’. I took the sdc courses the  Quizzes and finals. I was just trying to get out of the assignments, which I succeeded with the business society tecep. The sdc course has two 2000 word papers. But yea. I just signed up for both teceps, paid the $12 extra to schedule it like now. No prep. Then took both back to back. Oddly the bus in society was the 2nd exam.

I pay extra to schedule now as well. Though I think it's slightly cheaper to schedule within 2 hrs.

Did you take the sample questions before the exam? Do you remember your results?
(09-18-2023, 02:40 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 10:40 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Bj

Interestingly, TECEP Managerial Communication has 1 essay that is worth a whopping 40 points!!! That means, in theory, if you score 100% on the essay, you could score 50% on the multiple-choice questions and still pass.

Business in Society has the same scoring system except for 5 essays instead of 1 and only a 60% overall passing score.

You're on the home stretch, keep going.

I signed up for Management Communications TECEP and feel overwhelmed about the essay. Is there any resources that can help me do a decent essay so that I don't have to be so stressed about the exam? I'd like to do it and hope I might pass it.
I think if you take the sdc course quizzes and final and maybe the 1st assignment U should be good. Then If you review  a bit before the tecep. That’s all I did other than I didnt review before the test. And i actually had the sdc course done several weeks prior  other than the last 2 assignments. I just kinda got bummed out when they blinded sided us with additional assignments with virtually no notice. So I walked away from it for a few weeks till I decided to give the tecep a shot.

When I failed that by 2 points it kinda rejuvenated me to get on the stick and knock out the other 2 assignments

(09-18-2023, 10:33 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(09-18-2023, 03:17 PM)Pats20 Wrote:

I pay extra to schedule now as well. Though I think it's slightly cheaper to schedule within 2 hrs.

Did you take the sample questions before the exam? Do you remember your results?
Yes. I did do that. Other than the essay questions. Seems like I did alright on the multiple choice practice questions. I think there were 10. I believe I got like  8 right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 175 Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Last Post: jch
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 509 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,440 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 996 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 711 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,503 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,635 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,360 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,911 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat