Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com and ProctorU Questions
I wonder if SDC, SL or OnlineDegree.com, etc., allow extra time for testing for students with disabilities?  Having dyslexia and some memory issues allowed to me get extra time on tests in online college courses.  The ADA's rules also afforded me scrap paper, on which I wrote down each individual question, as needed when I took some CBEs.  I had an in-person proctor for those events so they could clearly see I was not cheating.  Since the webcam records the actions in the room, seems like this would not be an issue - with the possible exception of extra time and I would agree to pay for anything past the allotted time.   Anyone have a related experience - positive or negative?
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
(02-06-2019, 02:28 PM)rvm Wrote: I wonder if SDC, SL or OnlineDegree.com, etc., allow extra time for testing for students with disabilities?  Having dyslexia and some memory issues allowed to me get extra time on tests in online college courses.  The ADA's rules also afforded me scrap paper, on which I wrote down each individual question, as needed when I took some CBEs.  I had an in-person proctor for those events so they could clearly see I was not cheating.  Since the webcam records the actions in the room, seems like this would not be an issue - with the possible exception of extra time and I would agree to pay for anything past the allotted time.   Anyone have a related experience - positive or negative?

I haven't tried to get accommodation for my Dyscalculia (I just figured out a workaround), but I know you can request special accommodation for documented disabilities. You just need to coordinate with the school and proctor and provide any necessary paperwork. I don't know what kind of accommodation they will offer, but its probably similar to what you've experienced elsewhere.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • rvm
(02-06-2019, 07:14 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 02:28 PM)rvm Wrote: I wonder if SDC, SL or OnlineDegree.com, etc., allow extra time for testing for students with disabilities?  Having dyslexia and some memory issues allowed to me get extra time on tests in online college courses.  The ADA's rules also afforded me scrap paper, on which I wrote down each individual question, as needed when I took some CBEs.  I had an in-person proctor for those events so they could clearly see I was not cheating.  Since the webcam records the actions in the room, seems like this would not be an issue - with the possible exception of extra time and I would agree to pay for anything past the allotted time.   Anyone have a related experience - positive or negative?

I haven't tried to get accommodation for my Dyscalculia (I just figured out a workaround), but I know you can request special accommodation for documented disabilities. You just need to coordinate with the school and proctor and provide any necessary paperwork. I don't know what kind of accommodation they will offer, but its probably similar to what you've experienced elsewhere.

Thank you Merlin!  Smile
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,301 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,475 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,636 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 551 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 278 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 681 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM