Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com and TESU Psychology BA transfer equivalencies.
Hi jsd or any TESU students who have recently finished the BA in Psychology.

Can you please have a look at this plan and critique?

Besides the the BA in GM, I'm also looking at the option of doing the Psychology BA using study.com as my main source of credit.

Do you know any other online options besides Tor or CSU Pueblo for the Physiological Psychology and History and Systems of Psychology?

Thank you so much!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">frostedfire TESU 2017 Psychology degree plan .xlsx (Size: 19.3 KB / Downloads: 10)
Your plan won't load on my tablet, so I'll check it out on my desktop tomorrow.

As far as alternatives, it's going to be hard if you're counting out CSU Pueblo. You could do AMU/APU, but I imagine you don't like CSU Pueblo due to price, and you'll find the same issue here.

I've said it before, but if I were to do it over again I'd probably pay the extra to avoid the Coopersmith/Tor courses. I was not a fan of their setup at all. But there's no simple alternative I've come across, and no one else has found anything I'm aware of either. Bummer.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Your plan won't load on my tablet, so I'll check it out on my desktop tomorrow.

As far as alternatives, it's going to be hard if you're counting out CSU Pueblo. You could do AMU/APU, but I imagine you don't like CSU Pueblo due to price, and you'll find the same issue here.

I've said it before, but if I were to do it over again I'd probably pay the extra to avoid the Coopersmith/Tor courses. I was not a fan of their setup at all. But there's no simple alternative I've come across, and no one else has found anything I'm aware of either. Bummer.

Thanks jsd, I look forward to your critique. I guess I'll just need to accept it will be CSU Pueblo. What does AMU/APU stand for?

Also on the CSU site there doesn't seem to be a course equivalent to Physiological Psychology. Would the Anatomy and Physiology one on study.com suffice?
You have duplicates for a Psych course - Human Growth & Development (PSY-210) and Lifespan Developmental Psych (PSY-211) are duplicates of each other (they were originally study courses for the CLEP and DSST, and those duplicate each other). You can't take both.

History & Systems and Physiological Psych are both available through TCC ($220/course??) or U of Idaho IS ($510/course).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You have duplicates for a Psych course - Human Growth & Development (PSY-210) and Lifespan Developmental Psych (PSY-211) are duplicates of each other (they were originally study courses for the CLEP and DSST, and those duplicate each other). You can't take both.

History & Systems and Physiological Psych are both available through TCC ($220/course??) or U of Idaho IS ($510/course).

thank you dfrecore! I'll fix that. What does TCC stand for?
TCC is Tor College Credits, AMU/APU is American Military University, or American Public University - same organization, but different schools depending on your military status (or lack thereof).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:TCC is Tor College Credits, AMU/APU is American Military University, or American Public University - same organization, but different schools depending on your military status (or lack thereof).

Thank you jsd.
After checking over my plan, do you think it would work?
thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 12,282 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,971 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,658 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,099 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,340 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,585 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,371 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic