Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Study.com annual discount $983.99
Big Grin After hunting for my email verification for this forum I saw a post from an old yahoo group that is offering a discount on the study.com annual membership.  You will need to join the group for instructions on how to apply the discount.  $983.99 for the annual college membership instead of $199 a month.  
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Clep...chool/info
[-] The following 2 users Like amberwalk's post:
  • icy, vpassenheim
(03-10-2019, 06:08 PM)amberwalk Wrote: Big Grin After hunting for my email verification for this forum I saw a post from an old yahoo group that is offering a discount on the study.com annual membership.  You will need to join the group for instructions on how to apply the discount.  $983.99 for the annual college membership instead of $199 a month.  
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Clep...chool/info

Given the content on that yahoo group, I suspect that is tied to the Study.com membership deal that used to be provided via the Homeschool Buyers Co-Op. They had two different Study.com discount plans, one for the college accelerator plan and one for the regular premium plan, with the option of 3-month or 12-month subscriptions. However, those discounts were 25% off, so the college accelerator plan came in at $149/mo instead of $199/mo.

It is too bad that it isn't available any longer, it was a great deal while it lasted. I was one of the last to be able to sign up for the college accelerator discount before it went away. I used it for 3 months and paid $149/mo instead of $199/mo to finish off the last 15 or so courses I had with Study.com.

If that Yahoo group discount is real, actually refers to the Study.com college accelerator plan, and is still active, that is an amazing deal at nearly 60% off! Though considering most people don't need a year to complete their courses, it might not be as good of a deal if you can finish in 3 months and pay $600 instead.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
It was posted in the group this morning and they repost every month it seems. It is not associated with homeschool buyers co-op. This group was started many years ago by a family that teaches clep prep classes. http://clepprep.tripod.com/
It is only for annual membership. I have sent them a message to verify that this is still a current discount.
[-] The following 1 user Likes amberwalk's post:
  • suzycupcake
(03-10-2019, 06:57 PM)amberwalk Wrote: It was posted in the group this morning and they repost every month it seems.  It is not associated with homeschool buyers co-op.  This group was started many years ago by a family that teaches clep prep classes.  http://clepprep.tripod.com/
It is only for annual membership.  I have sent them a message to verify that this is still a current discount.

If it does refer to the college accelerator plan and not the premium plan, you should also verify that it still allows you to purchase extra exams after the two free exams that it should include. Some of the study.com group plans provide a discount but don't allow you to purchase extra exams.

Personally, I'd find it non-cost effective since I'd want to be done in less than 12 months, but for a home school student working on college credits while completing high school, it's probably fine. They most likely wouldn't need more than 2 exams per month anyway.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
I was planning to use it for my daughter. She is already dual enrolled at Liberty and Bluefield college. She has one more year of highschool and she needs to accumulate 30 ACE credits (the most they will accept) before finishing up a bachelor's at Liberty.
  • suzycupcake
(03-10-2019, 07:31 PM)amberwalk Wrote: I was planning to use it for my daughter.  She is already dual enrolled at Liberty and Bluefield college.  She has one more year of highschool and she needs to accumulate 30 ACE credits (the most they will accept) before finishing up a bachelor's at Liberty.

In that case, you're only looking at needing to complete 10 courses. At $984 annually that brings your costs to roughly $98.40 per course, which is about the same cost of the plan without a discount if you take 2 courses per month.

It is too bad she isn't going to a college that was more liberal with ACE credits, she could earn a lot more credits if she were able to take full advantage of that annual plan.

With two exams per month that at least gives you a little peace of mind since she can always use the second exam each month to retake a final if needs be. Just keep in mind that the 2 exams per month don't roll-over to the next month, so you have to use them before the end of each monthly cycle.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • jsd
CLEP prep tripod's site lists their affiliate links without joining the yahoo group- it may or may not matter to the buyer, but an affiliate link generally means they are getting paid for facilitating the sale- but a discount is a discount, so it's worth a try!
Their coupon code is 47859

(I'm having a hard time testing it out since our membership is paused until the 17th - I'm trying to create another account but can't figure out how to enter a code?)
(03-10-2019, 09:19 PM)cookderosa Wrote: CLEP prep tripod's site lists their affiliate links without joining the yahoo group- it may or may not matter to the buyer, but an affiliate link generally means they are getting paid for facilitating the sale- but a discount is a discount, so it's worth a try!

(I'm having a hard time testing it out since our membership is paused until the 17th - I'm trying to create another account but can't figure out how to enter a code?)

I'm not sure how to add the code either. When I tried in the past, at the payment screen I think is where you entered the code. Unfortunately at that time, no codes were working so we ended up using a direct link from a current member for a 1 month discount.

The affiliate links on the CLEP prep tripod site don't appear to be clickable, but do indicate they have a 30% off agreement, not sure if that is for an entire year or not. If that did work for an entire year subscription that would bring the monthly cost to $140 which would be a nice deal for some.

If anyone was looking for a shorter subscription period, it appears that the University of Michigan students also have a 20% discount code through December 2019 for the first 3 months of membership.
(03-11-2019, 12:40 AM)shadowgem Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 09:19 PM)cookderosa Wrote: CLEP prep tripod's site lists their affiliate links without joining the yahoo group- it may or may not matter to the buyer, but an affiliate link generally means they are getting paid for facilitating the sale- but a discount is a discount, so it's worth a try!

I'm not sure how to add the code either. When I tried in the past, at the payment screen I think is where you entered the code. Unfortunately at that time, no codes were working so we ended up using a direct link from a current member for a 1 month discount.

The affiliate links on the CLEP prep tripod site don't appear to be clickable, but do indicate they have a 30% off agreement, not sure if that is for an entire year or not. If that did work for an entire year subscription that would bring the monthly cost to $140 which would be a nice deal for some.

If anyone was looking for a shorter subscription period, it appears that the University of Michigan students also have a 20% discount code through December 2019 for the first 3 months of membership.

I went all the way through to the final payment button first using paypal then using Visa, and there weren't any places to enter a code. I tested it for the college accelerator and then the one under it (premium?) but in all 4 attempts, no place to input a code.
This is the info from the yahoo group. I have emailed her but I have received no response.
Dear ClepPrep member,
I am happy to announce that as ClepPrep members you are now eligible for a Study.com discount on both the Premium AND the College Accelerator editions.

This offer is designed to give each child their own account with access to all courses, lessons, quizzes, and certificates of completion. You will also have a customized dashboard so you can track your progress and access tutors to ask course related questions. Each membership is for one student only.

Your first step is to contact me through the ClepPrep yahoogroup platform with "Study.com Affiliate Coupon Requested" in the subject line of your post. Upon receipt of your post, I will contact you OFFLIST to exchange the remaining information needed. Your coupon code will be unique to your personal membership ONLY and will be activated upon completion of your FREE trial period with Study.com During the billing section of the account registration process, you will see a "have a coupon code?" above the credit card box. You will click on that and enter in the unique code, then click apply.

Review the two available discounted plans using this link:
http://study.org/academy/lpd/affiliate/courses.html

The Premium membership will be $359.88 annually, which is a 70% discount (standard rate is $99.00 a month). The College Accelerator membership will be $983.99 per child, which is a 59% discount (standard rate of $199.00 a month). After contacting me for your discount code, you can purchase your plan of choice by clicking on the link below. There is NO ClepPrep discount for the Basic edition or monthly options.

http://study.org/academy/lpd/affiliate/courses.html

After your first completed month of Study.com membership using your ClepPrep discount code, we will be glad to send you a FREE copy of our ClepPrep booklet as a gift for supporting our affiliates.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I���m always happy to help!

Blessings,
Tricia McQuarrie
http://ClepPrep.tripod.com

Well, this is disappointing

"The study.com code is on hold. They are negotiating new rates. When it becomes active again I will let you know.
Thanks!
Tricia McQ"
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,383 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,781 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 614 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 328 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Discount Codes ashkir 18 7,741 02-06-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 553 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue