Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com answer key?
I used to use the Study.com quiz answer keys as flashcards because the real flash cards seem pretty useless. But now i logged in today and all the answer keys are gone. This is so sad. Does anyone know if they are gone for good or if it's only certain courses? If they are going to take that away, I hope they could make the actual flash cards WAY better to compensate.
I thought it was just me, nope mine are gone too.
If they've done this intentionally, I feel it would have been nice to give people a heads up or at least leave them in place for those with annual subscriptions. Study.com has always had really bad quizzes in my opinion. Many times the material and the quizzes don't match. Either things will be asked in quizzes which is NOT in the material (in spite of me clicking the 'read explanation' or 'watch answer' links to the videos) or else the question is phrased in such a way that it completely distorts the meaning of what the material was trying to say. I have often wondered WHO writes these questions - the instructor? Or someone else entirely?
It's nice to be able to see what THEY consider to be the correct answer after I have sat there re-reading the material 5 times and still not being able to find an actual answer.

Honestly I would not have gotten an annual sub if i thought they were going to make major changes. I would have just gone with another provider for at least half the classes I'd planned on doing with them. I guess the saving grace is that it all comes through as a pass/fail anyway, so if i get a lower grade due to a few wrong quiz answers, it doesn't matter much.

As infuriating as Straighterline can be at times, what with ProctorU and all that.... most of the time their quiz questions directly reference the material and have clear cut answers. I cannot say the same for Study.
[-] The following 3 users Like saraholson's post:
  • akr680, learicbell, Salamander
Well considering the quizzes are part of your grade, I'm not really surprised those are going away.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Quote:If they've done this intentionally, I feel it would have been nice to give people a heads up or at least leave them in place for those with annual subscriptions. Study.com has always had really bad quizzes in my opinion. Many times the material and the quizzes don't match. Either things will be asked in quizzes which is NOT in the material (in spite of me clicking the 'read explanation' or 'watch answer' links to the videos) or else the question is phrased in such a way that it completely distorts the meaning of what the material was trying to say. I have often wondered WHO writes these questions - the instructor? Or someone else entirely?
It's nice to be able to see what THEY consider to be the correct answer after I have sat there re-reading the material 5 times and still not being able to find an actual answer. 

Honestly I would not have gotten an annual sub if i thought they were going to make major changes. I would have just gone with another provider for at least half the classes I'd planned on doing with them. I guess the saving grace is that it all comes through as a pass/fail anyway, so if i get a lower grade due to a few wrong quiz answers, it doesn't matter much. 

As infuriating as Straighterline can be at times, what with ProctorU and all that.... most of the time their quiz questions directly reference the material and have clear cut answers. I cannot say the same for Study.

Doesn't Study.com also only use ProctorU? Wasn't aware there was another option for testing with them.
(08-12-2019, 03:43 PM)Salamander Wrote:
Quote:If they've done this intentionally, I feel it would have been nice to give people a heads up or at least leave them in place for those with annual subscriptions. Study.com has always had really bad quizzes in my opinion. Many times the material and the quizzes don't match. Either things will be asked in quizzes which is NOT in the material (in spite of me clicking the 'read explanation' or 'watch answer' links to the videos) or else the question is phrased in such a way that it completely distorts the meaning of what the material was trying to say. I have often wondered WHO writes these questions - the instructor? Or someone else entirely?

Doesn't Study.com also only use ProctorU? Wasn't aware there was another option for testing with them.

They use RPNow.
(08-12-2019, 03:43 PM)Salamander Wrote:

Study.com absolutely does not use ProctorU. They use RPNow, which is superior in every single way. Faster, easier, etc.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 462,896 10 hours ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 525 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 309 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 942 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,769 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 66 38,893 02-01-2024, 03:56 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 533 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 263 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 666 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM
  Study scholarships Carnation 2 340 12-31-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Carnation