Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com degree plan for TESU
Apologies if this already exists, but I haven't had luck locating it. Does anyone have a current study.com focused degree plan for TESU for the BA in Liberal Studies or the BS in Business Administration? I'm considering both. Thank you!
Hey Minhac!

Here's the BSBA for TESU:

https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/bsba-degre...management

HTH!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 2 users Like CarpeDiem8's post:
  • Leedeedee, MINHAC
(06-25-2019, 04:55 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Hey Minhac!

HTH!

Thank you! That's a big help.
For BALS, there are basically as many possible plans as there are grains of sand on the beach, so what courses you do would depend on your interests and existing credits.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Don't forget that if you're starting from scratch, there's a maximum number of credits that TESU will take from any single provider (90), so if you waste a bunch of your easy-to-find LL credits at Study.com, you may not be able to find inexpensive easy-to-take UL courses.

My advice for the BSBA: plan all of your core and AOS courses at Study.com (to take advantage of overlap), then CLEP everything you can in GE/Free Electives, then go back and plan in anything you can't find through CLEP (like the speech requirement, ethics, etc.).

My advice for the BALS: plan the UL AOS, the LL AOS with 200-level courses, the GE requirements that you can't get through CLEP (Ethics & speech), and then do as much of everything else as possible with CLEP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

HTH!

Any chance you have a link to the study.com TESU BA in Communications? I haven't had any success locating it. Thank you in advance!
(07-03-2019, 04:43 PM)MINHAC Wrote:

HTH!

Any chance you have a link to the study.com TESU BA in Communications? I haven't had any success locating it. Thank you in advance!

There isn't one. But it is pretty straightforward. Gen eds and free electives aren't too hard too figure out the same as the BALS.
The only part that is different is the major. Anything with the word "Communication" in the title should work for a comm degree. A BA in communications is not fully test outable as currently mass comm I, mass comm II and communication theory are unavailable through alternative credit. But keep in mind, it is now cheaper to earn16 credits in a term at TESU then it is to transfer in most of them and pay the residency fee. Also, I don't think there are enough UL comm. credits from study.com, I think you have to do a couple TECEP's or other methods for the rest.
(07-03-2019, 04:51 PM)natshar Wrote:

HTH!

There isn't one. But it is pretty straightforward. Gen eds and free electives aren't too hard too figure out the same as the BALS.
The only part that is different is the major. Anything with the word "Communication" in the title should work for a comm degree. A BA in communications is not fully test outable as currently mass comm I, mass comm II and communication theory are unavailable through alternative credit. But keep in mind, it is now cheaper to earn16 credits in a term at TESU then it is to transfer in most of them and pay the residency fee. Also, I don't think there are enough UL comm. credits from study.com, I think you have to do a couple TECEP's or other methods for the rest.

(07-03-2019, 04:51 PM)natshar Wrote:

HTH!

I hadn't realized that about the BA in Communications. I had been looking at that degree as it was among a group of majors that accepted the highest number of my transfer credits. Others were Sociology, Philosophy, Lib Studies, Labor Studies, History, and English.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 160 3 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,489 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,633 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,304 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 764 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 370 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,044 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,917 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle