Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com final - which computer?
My daughter is taking her first final exam through Study.com on Thursday. Her first proctored exam through onlinedegree was beyond frustrating for her because she her id pic was blurry and they flagged it. The only way she was able to get a clear pic was to take a pic of it with an iPad, blow it up, and then take a pic of that.  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ich-webcam

The blurry pic problem might be twofold. First, the lighting might not be bright enough because of where the desktop pc is located. We brought in extra lamps but it still didn't seem to solve the problem. Second, our state has new driver's license and the print is smaller and they don't seem to photograph as well as the older ones. I still have the older one so we tested each one.

Her options are:
1. Use the desktop with the iPad picture id method. She's concerned that she is not supposed to have anything out during the test. If this verification process before the room sweep? If so, would be able to put the iPad in the desk drawer. 
2. Use my new MacBook. But then I read a thread which said the proctoring doesn't work on a Mac. Has this changed? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-....com+final
3. Give up. Just kidding. I just really hate this technology stuff.
ID verification is first and then room sweep.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Murdockb
Onlinedegree.com and Study.com use the same RPNow (Software Secure) application. You should continue doing the step that worked the previous time if it's not too much trouble. Actually, since you have the picture on the Ipad already, you just need to use that picture for upcoming exams. The proctor sequence I recall is the following, ID, Selfie (or not), Room scan...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Murdockb
(03-12-2019, 09:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Onlinedegree.com and Study.com use the same RPNow (Software Secure) application.  You should continue doing the step that worked the previous time if it's not too much trouble.  Actually, since you have the picture on the Ipad already, you just need to use that picture for upcoming exams.  The proctor sequence I recall is the following, ID, Selfie (or not), Room scan...

Thank you. I did not know that RPNow and Software Secure are the same. Why different names?
(03-12-2019, 09:57 PM)Murdockb Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 09:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Onlinedegree.com and Study.com use the same RPNow (Software Secure) application.  You should continue doing the step that worked the previous time if it's not too much trouble.  Actually, since you have the picture on the Ipad already, you just need to use that picture for upcoming exams.  The proctor sequence I recall is the following, ID, Selfie (or not), Room scan...

Thank you. I did not know that RPNow and Software Secure are the same. Why different names?
My understanding is that Software Secure is the company, RPNow is the product. It's possible I have that backwards OR that I'm totally wrong.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speedrunning SDC Data Structures and Computer Architecture advice? Randyb100 15 719 04-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,321 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,586 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,330 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 730 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 328 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 358 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,900 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 580 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle