Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com grading time (non assignment courses)
Has anyone completed any final exams during the covid19 crisis? How long is it taking them to verify and accept test scores?
Hmm, I would estimate at least 4 times as long as it did before due to the Coronavirus and the amount of staff they have to grade the assignments. For those courses that don't have assignments, my estimate is twice as long. For non-assignment grading, in general it'll take 7-14 days. It is safe to say because of these issues, for non-assignments, it'll take the full 14 days at least. For the ones with assignments, it's going to be longer, I would say 14-21 for grading assignments/final exam.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-07-2020, 06:31 AM)Clepking100 Wrote: Has anyone completed any final exams during the covid19 crisis? How long is it taking them to verify and accept test scores?

I finished a class and took an exam very recently. 
My experience was this:

Philosophy 101: Intro to Philosophy  (no assignments)
Proctored Exam Taken: 04/06/2020

Received Results: 04/09/2020

Frankly, I was surprised by how quick the turnaround was in this case.
I generally expect between a week and 2 weeks.
Mine each took an exam last Friday April 3 and we still haven’t received a final confirmation/grade
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(04-07-2020, 06:31 AM)Clepking100 Wrote: Has anyone completed any final exams during the covid19 crisis? How long is it taking them to verify and accept test scores?

Well I turned in an assignment on March 29, 2020, and I still haven't got a grade back. So there's that. I sent in a ticket asking if there were going to be longer wait times. Best of luck on your final!!!

GG
Community College - 39 Credits
Excelsior/ECE - Information Literacy, World Conflicts After 1900, Research Methods in Psychology, Weather and Climate, Workplace Communication with Computers, Labor Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology
CLEP - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology
DSST - Ethics of America, Principals of Supervision, Health and Human Development, Human Resources Management, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Substance Abuse, Environmental Science, History of the Soviet Union
Study.Com - Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology, Communications 102: Interpersonal Communications, Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation, English 105: English Composition II, History 108: History of the Vietnam War, Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics
(04-10-2020, 10:33 PM)GonnaGraduate Wrote:

Well I turned in an assignment on March 29, 2020, and I still haven't got a grade back. So there's that. I sent in a ticket asking if there were going to be longer wait times. Best of luck on your final!!!

GG

Mine did get their grade yesterday so it was exactly a week.  I have had Study take a bit longer than a week but not 2 weeks!  I would definitely escalate your request.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(04-11-2020, 11:43 AM)TwinMom Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 10:33 PM)GonnaGraduate Wrote:

GG

Mine did get their grade yesterday so it was exactly a week.  I have had Study take a bit longer than a week but not 2 weeks!  I would definitely escalate your request.

They're escalating it. If I don't have a grade by the 14th I'll send in another ticket or give them a call. 

GG
Excelsior/ECE - Information Literacy, World Conflicts After 1900, Research Methods in Psychology, Weather and Climate, Workplace Communication with Computers, Labor Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology
CLEP - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology
DSST - Ethics of America, Principals of Supervision, Health and Human Development, Human Resources Management, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Substance Abuse, Environmental Science, History of the Soviet Union
Study.Com - Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology, Communications 102: Interpersonal Communications, Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation, English 105: English Composition II, History 108: History of the Vietnam War, Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics
Hmm. So, my plan was for my youngest to finish his course today or tomorrow and then turn Study.com off before I get billed again midweek. I take it, though, that I can't do that until he gets graded and then then I get the results posted to his ACE transcript so I'll be on the hook for another month either way?

(When it was my time as a student I did all my non-academic credit through CLEP, so I'm new to Study.com.)
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(04-11-2020, 04:36 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: Hmm. So, my plan was for my youngest to finish his course today or tomorrow and then turn Study.com off before I get billed again midweek. I take it, though, that I can't do that until he gets graded and then then I get the results posted to his ACE transcript so I'll be on the hook for another month either way?

(When it was my time as a student I did all my non-academic credit through CLEP, so I'm new to Study.com.)

I think so yes. Sorry. 

GG
[-] The following 1 user Likes GonnaGraduate's post:
  • SteveFoerster
(04-11-2020, 05:02 PM)GonnaGraduate Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 04:36 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: Hmm. So, my plan was for my youngest to finish his course today or tomorrow and then turn Study.com off before I get billed again midweek. I take it, though, that I can't do that until he gets graded and then then I get the results posted to his ACE transcript so I'll be on the hook for another month either way?

I think so yes. Sorry. 

GG

Fine, then I'll just make him do another....

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F_Z6O...2Bplan.jpg]
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 2 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • GonnaGraduate, Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 175 Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Last Post: jch
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,440 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 996 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 711 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,503 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,634 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,352 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,911 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 374 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM