Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com grading time (non assignment courses)
(04-11-2020, 04:36 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: Hmm. So, my plan was for my youngest to finish his course today or tomorrow and then turn Study.com off before I get billed again midweek. I take it, though, that I can't do that until he gets graded and then then I get the results posted to his ACE transcript so I'll be on the hook for another month either way?

(When it was my time as a student I did all my non-academic credit through CLEP, so I'm new to Study.com.)

I don't think that's accurate  As long as he is on the College Accelerator plan when he takes his final he should be good! It tells you the score you got on the final immediately after taking the exam so you can calculate course grade if you want/need.  You'll get an email when the grade is posted so, if you don't have College Accelerator then you won't be able to see that (until you are back on the plan).  I add my boys' courses to their ACE transcript immediately. It may take a week+ for Study to confirm it but, when they do, you'll see it as an approved course on the ACE transcript.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(04-11-2020, 07:11 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 04:36 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: Hmm. So, my plan was for my youngest to finish his course today or tomorrow and then turn Study.com off before I get billed again midweek. I take it, though, that I can't do that until he gets graded and then then I get the results posted to his ACE transcript so I'll be on the hook for another month either way?

(When it was my time as a student I did all my non-academic credit through CLEP, so I'm new to Study.com.)

I don't think that's accurate  As long as he is on the College Accelerator plan when he takes his final he should be good! It tells you the score you got on the final immediately after taking the exam so you can calculate course grade if you want/need.  You'll get an email when the grade is posted so, if you don't have College Accelerator then you won't be able to see that (until you are back on the plan).  I add my boys' courses to their ACE transcript immediately. It may take a week+ for Study to confirm it but, when they do, you'll see it as an approved course on the ACE transcript.

Great, I'll do it this way and see what happens. Thanks!
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(04-11-2020, 07:34 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 07:11 PM)TwinMom Wrote:

Can you let me know how that works out for you?

GG

P.S. I got my grade back after escalating and they graded some other things I turned in on the 11th just because I guess so that was nice. Got solid B's on everything, which is fine because these show up as Pass on my transcript. Big Grin
Community College - 39 Credits
Excelsior/ECE - Information Literacy, World Conflicts After 1900, Research Methods in Psychology, Weather and Climate, Workplace Communication with Computers, Labor Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology
CLEP - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology
DSST - Ethics of America, Principals of Supervision, Health and Human Development, Human Resources Management, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Substance Abuse, Environmental Science, History of the Soviet Union
Study.Com - Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology, Communications 102: Interpersonal Communications, Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation, English 105: English Composition II, History 108: History of the Vietnam War, Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics

You can pause the account now - it won't actually pause until your renewal date. I made the same mistake before. Go ahead and pause. Even so, I believe if you did the course at a time when it was active, it should be fine.
(04-14-2020, 04:11 AM)GonnaGraduate Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 07:11 PM)TwinMom Wrote: As long as he is on the College Accelerator plan when he takes his final he should be good! It tells you the score you got on the final immediately after taking the exam so you can calculate course grade if you want/need.  You'll get an email when the grade is posted so, if you don't have College Accelerator then you won't be able to see that (until you are back on the plan).  I add my boys' courses to their ACE transcript immediately. It may take a week+ for Study to confirm it but, when they do, you'll see it as an approved course on the ACE transcript.

GG

P.S. I got my grade back after escalating and they graded some other things I turned in on the 11th just because I guess so that was nice. Got solid B's on everything, which is fine because these show up as Pass on my transcript. Big Grin

Hi GG. His grade is still pending for the course he finished in early March and the one he finished last night, even though he did well enough on quizzes and the final to pass. I sent his four Study.com courses to his ACE transcript and paused his Study.com account for three months. ACE emailed me to tell me they confirmed the two that had already been graded. I suppose the other two get added when Study.com gets around to grading them?

(04-14-2020, 07:38 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 04:11 AM)GonnaGraduate Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 07:11 PM)TwinMom Wrote: As long as he is on the College Accelerator plan when he takes his final he should be good! It tells you the score you got on the final immediately after taking the exam so you can calculate course grade if you want/need.  You'll get an email when the grade is posted so, if you don't have College Accelerator then you won't be able to see that (until you are back on the plan).  I add my boys' courses to their ACE transcript immediately. It may take a week+ for Study to confirm it but, when they do, you'll see it as an approved course on the ACE transcript.

GG

Hi GG. His grade is still pending for the course he finished in early March and the one he finished last night, even though he did well enough on quizzes and the final to pass. I sent his four Study.com courses to his ACE transcript and paused his Study.com account for three months. ACE emailed me to tell me they confirmed the two that had already been graded. I suppose the other two get added when Study.com gets around to grading them?

Are you putting the completion date as the date you took the final? When I sent it to ACE they gave the date of completion as the date they gave me the grade. (E.g., I took the final on 3/18 and they showed completion date of 3/26.)Same question to you @twinmom.

GG
Excelsior/ECE - Information Literacy, World Conflicts After 1900, Research Methods in Psychology, Weather and Climate, Workplace Communication with Computers, Labor Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology
CLEP - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology
DSST - Ethics of America, Principals of Supervision, Health and Human Development, Human Resources Management, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Substance Abuse, Environmental Science, History of the Soviet Union
Study.Com - Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology, Communications 102: Interpersonal Communications, Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation, English 105: English Composition II, History 108: History of the Vietnam War, Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics
I put the completion date as whatever date was shown at the bottom of the course on his dashboard. For the two they haven't graded yet, that must have been when he took the final. For the two they have... I don't know, but ACE was happy with it.

If that was an error, someone please tell me? Smile

(04-14-2020, 08:13 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: I put the completion date as whatever date was shown at the bottom of the course on his dashboard. For the two they haven't graded yet, that must have been when he took the final. For the two they have... I don't know, but ACE was happy with it.

If that was an error, someone please tell me? Smile

Mine shows completed on 3/18. I'm sure ACE will just put SDC tells them.

GG
[-] The following 1 user Likes GonnaGraduate's post:
  • SteveFoerster
Are you putting the completion date as the date you took the final? When I sent it to ACE they gave the date of completion as the date they gave me the grade. (E.g., I took the final on 3/18 and they showed completion date of 3/26.)Same question to you @twinmom.

GG

I have always put the date they took the final as the completion date with no issues.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • SteveFoerster
Thumbs Up 
Yes! Study.com got around to grading the course he completed a month ago (pass). And less than a day later, I got an email from ACE saying it was no longer pending and was now on his ACE transcript. 

So thanks again TwinMom, because your advice was exactly perfect. I owe you a beer.

[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • TwinMom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 390 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,383 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,780 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,807 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 614 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 328 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat