Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - how many courses per month
To clarify: you must get 100% within the first 3 attempts of a quiz. Getting 100% on the 4th attempt doesn't count. If you get 60%, 80%, 40% then the 80% is the one that will count. Once you get 100%, you're free to re-take the quizzes as many times as you like to prepare yourself for the exam.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • lucillegyl, Pikachu, tallpilot
Quote:Another worth-of-consideration option:

A. Sign up for the $50/month plan and bust through as many courses as you can. You can do everything but actually take the exams. Complete as many courses as you can, then when you have 5 courses you're ready to take exams, switch to the $200/month plan. You'll get prorated credit for whatever of your $50 month is left.

B. Take the exams. Depending on how many credits you're after all-in, immediately downgrade back to the $50/month plan (it doesn't take effect until 30 days after you signed up for the $200/month plan, but it will keep you from forgetting.)

C. Start studying for a bunch more classes. If you don't have 5 ready to go, then you automatically downgrade to the $50/month plan and continue studying.

D. Lather/Rinse/Repeat.

E. In spite of their claims to the contrary, you DO NOT have to submit papers before taking your exams. You don't even have to be subscribed to submit papers. (There's a special link if you aren't subscribed.) So if it is more efficient, you can put off all of the papers (just make sure you download the requirements while still active) until you're finished taking exams, then write and submit all your papers. You'll still complete the class and get credit even if you're no longer subscribed.

I don't know if there's any limit to how long after an exam you can submit a paper, but I've done it at least a month after my subscription expired and I think others have done longer. Also, keep in mind, if you've done really well on your final exam and gotten 100% on your quizzes (really no excuse not to do the latter), then you only need 10 points of the 100 point total for the paper, so you can literally crap something out and turn it in and get credit.

Is the quizzes the same in the $50 plan and college accelerator plan? If it is so what left will be the final exam and assignment right?
Yes, the quizzes are exactly the same in the $50 plan and the College Accelerator plan. Yes, what would be left would be assignments (if any) and the final exam.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(09-06-2021, 05:30 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, the quizzes are exactly the same in the $50 plan and the College Accelerator plan. Yes, what would be left would be assignments (if any) and the final exam.

I can't remember: Can you see the detailed requirements for the written assignments of a given course are if you're on the $50/month plan, or only on the $200/month plan.

Also, one other SDC "hack" that's always worthy of consideration:  Take the pretest (if offered), and I recommend spending a few minutes reviewing Quizlet flashcards on the topic before doing so.  The pretest can exempt you from up to 30% of the quizzes and coursework... and you still get credit as though you'd taken them and passed them 100%. This can drastically shorten your time for a given class.  Unfortunately, they only have pretests for some classes. When I inquired, they indicated it was a relatively recent feature and they are slowly adding them to classes over time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • Pikachu
Yes, you can see the assignment(s), if any. There just isn't a form to submit them if you're not on the $200 plan.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(09-06-2021, 10:18 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, you can see the assignment(s), if any. There just isn't a form to submit them if you're not on the $200 plan.

So you could effectively have the $50 member for a month or 2 and do as many subjects excluding the final assessments then upgrade the membership for a month for every 5 subjects and just finish them off?

Does anyone know which subjects you can take the pre-test to 'test out' of some subject part?
(09-02-2021, 04:52 PM)studyingfortests Wrote: Another worth-of-consideration option:

A. Sign up for the $50/month plan and bust through as many courses as you can. You can do everything but actually take the exams. Complete as many courses as you can, then when you have  5 courses you're ready to take exams, switch to the $200/month plan. You'll get prorated credit for whatever of your $50 month is left.

B. Take the exams.  Depending on how many credits you're after all-in, immediately downgrade back to the $50/month plan (it doesn't take effect until 30 days after you signed up for the $200/month plan, but it will keep you from forgetting.)

C. Start studying for a bunch more classes. If you don't have 5 ready to go, then you automatically downgrade to the $50/month plan and continue studying.

D. Lather/Rinse/Repeat.

E. In spite of their claims to the contrary, you DO NOT have to submit papers before taking your exams. You don't even have to be subscribed to submit papers. (There's a special link if you aren't subscribed.)  So if it is more efficient, you can put off all of the papers (just make sure you download the requirements while still active) until you're finished taking exams, then write and submit all your papers.  You'll still complete the class and get credit even if you're no longer subscribed.

I don't know if there's any limit to how long after an exam you can submit a paper, but I've done it at least a month after my subscription expired and I think others have done longer. Also, keep in mind, if you've done really well on your final exam and gotten 100% on your quizzes (really no excuse not to do the latter), then you only need 10 points of the 100 point total for the paper, so you can literally crap something out and turn it in and get credit.

Can you expand on point A above? At the $50/month plan, there are Course Practice Tests and Lesson Quizzes. If I take the Lesson Quizzes and then upgrade to the $200/month plan, does it remember my quiz progress and then I only need to take the Proctored Exam?

Thanks in advance!
Mark
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
  • W3Schools (PHP Certification)
  • Purdue Global ExcelTrack (2 terms)
If you switch back and forth between the $50 plan and the $200 plan, SDC does indeed remember your quiz progress.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ClockworkHammer, Pikachu
Just an FYI, I did a calculation on which "plans" would be better and if switching back/forth would do anything. I randomly selected 1 course up to 5 courses per month using a different set of each. Essentially, whoever did the pricing for Study.com came up with a formula and it's the "same price" any way you slice it! Essentially the only way to have a "cheaper" play at things is getting a referral discount and maximizing the courses at $70/course exam...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ClockworkHammer
(09-08-2021, 07:09 AM)debrag Wrote: Does anyone know which subjects you can take the pre-test to 'test out' of some subject part?

Unfortunately there's no master list.  But if you look at the course listing on SDC, you'll see that some courses have a pretest (and will invite you to take it), while others do not. 

Additionally, the claim from their customer service is that this is something they are apparently constantly upgrading, so it might be worth checking back if it's a course on your list that you have not gotten to yet.

(09-08-2021, 02:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just an FYI, I did a calculation on which "plans" would be better and if switching back/forth would do anything.  I randomly selected 1 course up to 5 courses per month using a different set of each.  Essentially, whoever did the pricing for Study.com came up with a formula and it's the "same price" any way you slice it!  Essentially the only way to have a "cheaper" play at things is getting a referral discount and maximizing the courses at $70/course exam...

For me, the main issue is time. If I know I'm going to have the time to jam through 5 courses in a month, I'd do the $200 plan. If I have stuff going on and it might take me longer, I can take my sweet time at the $50 plan.  And for me, the benefit to that is, if I get more time and jam through everything quickly while on the $50/month plan, I can upgrade and get credit for the unused portion of the $50 month.

I'm forgetful about renewal dates, so I like downgrading so I don't forget. But I totally agree that if you're confident you'll be consistent in your effort, the $200/month makes sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,481 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,686 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,795 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat