Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Study.com new UL CS courses
OK, thanks for the info. I might take an accounting course, then, while I'm waiting.
(04-26-2018, 07:48 AM)kmit Wrote: Sorry, no word as of yet. Study.com approved the final exams last night and I submitted a transcript transfer request within an hour of receiving the email. Study.com said it would take up to 3 days to submit the transcript.

I have no idea of how long it will take TESU to evaluate the courses as I've only transferred in pre-evaluated credits like CLEPs & DSSTs.

Do any of you guys have experience with how long it takes them on average?

I'm guessing at least the normal eval time of a month.  Unfortunately.  I just sent in a Study.com course when I finished in February, the eval came back about 4 weeks later.  And I've applied for graduation, so would expect that my file was in a special pile.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-26-2018, 08:18 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: TESU is super slow. It won't be less than 2 weeks, might be 3 or 4

Keep in mind that they are always slower on courses that haven't been officially evaluated yet too, so I'd expect 3-4 weeks minimum unless you're lucky.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Good for you, that you completed them before assignments were added!
(04-26-2018, 12:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm guessing at least the normal eval time of a month.  Unfortunately.  I just sent in a Study.com course when I finished in February, the eval came back about 4 weeks later.  And I've applied for graduation, so would expect that my file was in a special pile.

I don't think the "special pile" happens until they go to audit your credits the first time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(04-26-2018, 03:28 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Good for you, that you completed them before assignments were added!

Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed by this since I am just waiting for the end of the month to roll around to renew my exams and complete this course. Now I have to deal with two reports I hadn't allocated time for.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
(04-26-2018, 03:58 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 03:28 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Good for you, that you completed them before assignments were added!

Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed by this since I am just waiting for the end of the month to roll around to renew my exams and complete this course. Now I have to deal with two reports I hadn't allocated time for.

Since they're UL courses, I'm willing to bet that they had these as requirements already, but mistakenly hadn't put it on the website.  You wouldn't have gotten away with not doing them if you'd signed up earlier.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-26-2018, 04:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 03:58 PM)Merlin Wrote:

Since they're UL courses, I'm willing to bet that they had these as requirements already, but mistakenly hadn't put it on the website.  You wouldn't have gotten away with not doing them if you'd signed up earlier.

I was a bit surprised when I saw there were no required assignments, so I am not shocked by their appearance. Just annoyed that they were added before I could complete the courses.

It looks like kmit was able to complete the course and submit the credits before these assignments were added. Had I taken the final exams last week when I completed the material review and quizzes, I'd probably be in the same position now.

It isn't a huge deal either way... I'd mainly thrown that course into the pot since it looked easy and I had some extra time while I waited for the month to end. Just means won't be quite as easy as I'd originally planned for. Still cheaper than the CSU-Global CBE I was planning to take.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
Hey guys,

Quick update, I talked with the registrar's office this morning and they received my study.com transcript yesterday. I asked if there was any way that they could expedite the evaluation because I am trying to graduate in Sept. The gentleman from the registrars's office said that he would send it over right now. He also said that he wasn't sure of their workload, but he guessed it would take maybe two weeks. It would be amazing if it was only two weeks haha

A little unrelated but, has anybody transferred in CSU MIS440EX recently? What did it come in as?
They are quicker when you're in the final approval stage Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,279 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,471 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,390 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 545 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat