Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com projects
How long does it take Study.com to grade projects? I'm just about done with Financial Accounting and plan on taking Advanced Accounting next, which requires a project to be completed prior to taking the final exam. I would like to have the entire course completed within 2 weeks.
Where does it say that we have to do the project first? I have yet to take a class with a project but had planned on taking the test to then see how many points I needed to achieve on my Project to pass.
I'm relatively certain they expect you to submit the project/paper before taking the final. My son just took a few courses with papers and it varied between 2 days and a week for him to get his grades back. The revised papers seemed to be graded more quickly. Anticipating a delay, I encouraged him to begin working on the project immediately, even before doing all the lessons. He was able to get through each course within his 2 week goal.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Not sure if it's the same for every course, but this is stated above the directions for the Advanced Accounting project or "report" as they call it:

If you have a Study.com College Accelerator membership and are seeking college credit for this course, you must submit a report and pass the proctored final exam. You must submit your report before registering for the final. Below you will find a prompt and instructions for submitting your report.
From the website it said it takes 1 week to grade the paper. And just in case you miss it, all written assignment is hidden under the last chapter where it says studying for Advanced Accounting 302. Read over the criteria and pace yourself.

How to Submit Your Project

When you are ready to submit your report, please fill out this submission form and attach your report as a Microsoft Word or PDF document. After turning in your paper, you may go ahead and take the proctored final exam. You do not need to wait for your submission to be graded. You should receive your report's grade within one week.
CLEP - Introduction to Psychology, Introduction Sociology, Human Growth and Development, College Mathematics, Educational Psychology, Humanities
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Introduction to Statistic, TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Study.com - Intro to World Religion, Western Civilization 1, Western Civilization 2, Abnormal Psychology, Info Sys and Comp Apps, American Gov't, Social Psychology, Personal Finance,
Btaylor89 Wrote:Not sure if it's the same for every course, but this is stated above the directions for the Advanced Accounting project or "report" as they call it:

If you have a Study.com College Accelerator membership and are seeking college credit for this course, you must submit a report and pass the proctored final exam. You must submit your report before registering for the final. Below you will find a prompt and instructions for submitting your report.

For what it's worth, here's an observation from my son taking these courses. It is SUPER easy to revise projects - they tell you exactly what's wrong and where you lost points, and you can resubmit pretty quickly for a better score. So try to get a paper done ASAP, submit it as a rough draft, and then when you get it back you can count on it not taking terribly long to revise and resubmit - and you can resubmit it just before you take your final. You won't have the benefit of knowing the exact score you need on the final to pass the course, but you will have a good idea.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Btaylor89 Wrote:How long does it take Study.com to grade projects? I'm just about done with Financial Accounting and plan on taking Advanced Accounting next, which requires a project to be completed prior to taking the final exam. I would like to have the entire course completed within 2 weeks.

Advanced Accounting Course was pretty easy. I managed a High 80's grade on my project. Took me a few hours to put it together. Only took them about 48hours to grade. Also I think you are thinking backwards, wouldn't you want to know what you need on the final to pass and not what you need on the project. The projects are pretty easy to get good grades on it which will drive down how well you need to do on the finals. I also used Rowan's ideas where I did the projects while doing the lessons. I noted lessons to go back and reference, made the projects very easy to put together.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Thanks for the tips! I'm studying for my Financial Accounting exam right now and plan on taking the exam later today...Hopefully I'll pass! I'm a little nervous for some reason. Assuming all goes well, I'll be starting the advanced accounting course tomorrow or sunday.
So I got my final score back today for Financial Accounting and I passed! Because of the overlapping material/videos, I was already 55% through with the Advanced Accounting course when I started it on Monday! I hope to have all of the chapters completed by Saturday so I can start the project on Sunday. I wish the instructions had given an example of what a financial report from a consulant might look or sound like, but I guess I'll just have to figure it out. Wish me luck!
Btaylor89 Wrote:So I got my final score back today for Financial Accounting and I passed! Because of the overlapping material/videos, I was already 55% through with the Advanced Accounting course when I started it on Monday! I hope to have all of the chapters completed by Saturday so I can start the project on Sunday. I wish the instructions had given an example of what a financial report from a consulant might look or sound like, but I guess I'll just have to figure it out. Wish me luck!

Without going into many details Add a graph or graphs to your project. That was on my feedback. I won't tell you for what the graphs can be used for but just a friendly tip.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,325 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,484 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,690 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 683 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM