Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnlineDegree cosmetic update
I haven't been to OnlineDegree for a while, but I just logged in and the layout is quite a bit different than it was last time I was there! The courses seem to be exactly the same, but I like the new way that you progress through the lessons. It feels slightly more intuitive than it was before.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Even though OnlineDegree is amazingly cheap for exams and has a free tuition model, I think they're making some cash as they're "funneling" students toward their partners for Certificates and Degrees, so they're similar to those "external enrollment advisors"... I see they have a whole bunch of these certificates that are 4 months or so in length and degree partners...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ha! I didn't even notice the certifications link at the top of the page. I was too busy trying to find the login link. It doesn't actually give you any info on these programs, though. It only directs you to the sign-up process for OnlineDegree itself. Or to your course list if you're already signed in.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(01-09-2022, 04:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Even though OnlineDegree is amazingly cheap for exams and has a free tuition model, I think they're making some cash as they're "funneling" students toward their partners for Certificates and Degrees, so they're similar to those "external enrollment advisors"... I see they have a whole bunch of these certificates that are 4 months or so in length and degree partners...

I suspect (or maybe I read) that their business model is, indeed, getting payments from schools that they partner with for each referred student.

Wbat's absolutely shocking to me is that they have not (at least, last I looked) bothered to transcribe the course content into readable transcripts.  If they did that, then for those who are reasonably fast readers, one could knock out their courses as quickly as a Sophia or Coopersmith course. But as it is, you're stuck sitting and listening to lectures that seem to be literally just a stationary camera stuck in the back of a classroom. Not very engaging, and not particularly conducive to retaining information. 

I always got the sense that this was an idea they tried that didn't perform anywhere near as well (financially) as they had expected, and it was basically a zombie site... no real revenues coming in, and thus, no effort toward additional courses, that is operating for as long as their course approvals remain active.   I could be 100% wrong, that's just the sort of sense I got.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • ss20ts
I haven't checked the other courses, but their history course is currently more than just a camera at the back of a classroom. It is made up of the usual "optional" YT videos, but the main lesson videos have been created especially for OD. They're still exceptionally long and the audio is entirely too quiet, but they're okay.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,262 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How long does it take TESU to get the info to update? CHken92 6 1,037 05-21-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: CHken92
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,464 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  onlinedegree.com transcripts not showing up? studyingfortests 6 986 10-31-2021, 06:59 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  COS 101 Onlinedegree.com cizzie 3 928 10-19-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: cizzie
  Sophia Update: No More End Dates sophia UX 10 2,294 09-16-2021, 07:42 PM
Last Post: NC Coach
  SDC and Windows Update jamshid666 4 870 07-21-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: jch
  onlinedegree.com course difficulty/completion times? studyingfortests 4 1,249 07-10-2021, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  onlinedegree.com ?? TINASAM 4 975 03-03-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  onlinedegree.com Cosmology carebear_007 2 795 02-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: carebear_007