Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com robot checks
Does anyone else keep getting asked to confirm you are not a robot all of a sudden? This has started within the last week and keeps happening. Normally I just check the box and go on my way, but I just finished a 30 question chapter test and when I submitted for the grade the stupid alert came up again instead of the grade. When I was sent back to the dashboard and eventually to my course, I only had 10 of the 30 questions saved from the chapter test. So now I need to do 20 questions over again. Am I doing something wrong? Why would the system keep asking me if I'm a robot? It's more just an annoyance than a real issue, but I am wondering if there is something I can do to stop being asked so often.
It happened to me whenever I've been logged in for many hours or all day. Hopefully it wouldn't interfere with a proctored final!
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Yes and it's about as annoying as getting logged out so often
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
What's even more annoying is that the check box doesn't appear on my ipad.
I have to log in with my computer to check the box before I can continue using my ipad.
Talk about annoying!
ndelcollo Wrote:Does anyone else keep getting asked to confirm you are not a robot all of a sudden? This has started within the last week and keeps happening. Normally I just check the box and go on my way, but I just finished a 30 question chapter test and when I submitted for the grade the stupid alert came up again instead of the grade. When I was sent back to the dashboard and eventually to my course, I only had 10 of the 30 questions saved from the chapter test. So now I need to do 20 questions over again. Am I doing something wrong? Why would the system keep asking me if I'm a robot? It's more just an annoyance than a real issue, but I am wondering if there is something I can do to stop being asked so often.

So glad I'm done with study.com, they got really good for awhile then just started falling off right towards the end of my subscription, and now this.... sorry ndelcollo I know you have many more courses left with them Sad
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I don't understand the reason for these checks.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Hi All-

Thank you for reporting the issue with our robot checks! Our technical team looked into it yesterday and found the issue. We will fix it today to prevent the checks from interfering with your work. We appreciate your continued feedback!

Best,
Meghan
The Study.com Team
I actually didn't get any robot checks until I seen this thread last night. heh heh.

It was only 1 for me, though, so no biggie.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,353 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,488 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,730 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 604 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 684 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM