Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com scholarship and my regular account
I applied for the scholarship at Study.com and while waiting I signed up and have been working on courses. I received the scholarship(in my junk mail which I didn't spot right away) and haven't been able to figure out how to merge it into my account. Is this NOT possible?  I hate the idea of starting over with a new account. The one thing I really like about Study-- is how some learned content is credited when it crosses into other courses! 

TIA
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(04-03-2018, 08:14 PM)scout2family Wrote: I applied for the scholarship at Study.com and while waiting I signed up and have been working on courses. I received the scholarship(in my junk mail which I didn't spot right away) and haven't been able to figure out how to merge it into my account. Is this NOT possible?  I hate the idea of starting over with a new account. The one thing I really like about Study-- is how some learned content is credited when it crosses into other courses! 

TIA

It is my understanding that if you signed up for the scholarship using the same email address as your original Study.com account, they would just apply the scholarship to that one so you wouldn't end up with two accounts. Of course, if you signed up on a different email address, then that wouldn't be the case and as far as I know it isn't possible to merge two accounts. You'd need to contact Study.com customer service to ask about that. They have access to tools we don't.

However, there is no reason why you cannot have two Study.com accounts. In fact, if you want to be able to take more than 2 exams in a month that is the only way you can do so while you're on the Guardian scholarship, so I know some people have gone that way on purpose. The larger issue is getting the courses applied to your ACE (or college) transcript properly when you have two accounts on two different email addresses. I know ACE requires the email addresses to match as part of the validation process, for example.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(04-03-2018, 08:14 PM)scout2family Wrote: I applied for the scholarship at Study.com and while waiting I signed up and have been working on courses. I received the scholarship(in my junk mail which I didn't spot right away) and haven't been able to figure out how to merge it into my account. Is this NOT possible?  I hate the idea of starting over with a new account. The one thing I really like about Study-- is how some learned content is credited when it crosses into other courses! 

TIA

Did you receive it yesterday? I applied last month and I'm trying to gauge if I got it or not. If not, I'm going to sign up for something else this month and hope to get it next time.
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
(04-04-2018, 01:40 AM)Merlin Wrote: It is my understanding that if you signed up for the scholarship using the same email address as your original Study.com account, they would just apply the scholarship to that one so you wouldn't end up with two accounts. Of course, if you signed up on a different email address, then that wouldn't be the case and as far as I know it isn't possible to merge two accounts. You'd need to contact Study.com customer service to ask about that. They have access to tools we don't.

However, there is no reason why you cannot have two Study.com accounts. In fact, if you want to be able to take more than 2 exams in a month that is the only way you can do so while you're on the Guardian scholarship, so I know some people have gone that way on purpose. The larger issue is getting the courses applied to your ACE (or college) transcript properly when you have two accounts on two different email addresses. I know ACE requires the email addresses to match as part of the validation process, for example.
I sent an email to Study.com yesterday, asking for help. Wouldn't that be fantastic to have them just add the scholarship to the same email address! And, yes, I used the same email address. Fingers crossed!

I personally would like to have just one account since your learned knowledge is applied to other courses. 

Once I hear back, I'll update.

CAMJENKS-- I applied Feb 22 and got the scholarship email March 6, in my spam box.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin

TIA

I just got the scholarship, and I already have a study.com account. I was able to apply the scholarship to my existing account by going to my dashboard, then clicking on membership. There should be a section where you can apply the license code they emailed you.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
[-] The following 1 user Likes NolaRice's post:
  • Muldoon
(04-04-2018, 03:09 PM)NolaRice Wrote:

TIA

I just got the scholarship, and I already have a study.com account. I was able to apply the scholarship to my existing account by going to my dashboard, then clicking on membership. There should be a section where you can apply the license code they emailed you.

And if TESU is your Big 3 school of choice this is probably wise as they are requiring your transcripts to come directly from Study.com and not from ACE (although you should always add your applicable course to ACE). I suspect getting multiple user transcripts from Study.com will just cause all sorts of problems and delays with TESU updating or applying things to your evaluation.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,422 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,612 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,012 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 759 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 367 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,038 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,911 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 315 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 737 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM