Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace?
Like we did for the previous updates , let's do another thread for everyone learning on UMPI's YourPace for the summer school session of Summer 2021 Session 2!

Summer 2 Session will be between Tuesday July 6, 2021 and end on Friday August 27, 2021. This is a total of 52 days this time (7.5 weeks, with .5 reserved for the final grading), because of the holidays, however, you do get to submit finals on the last day and if they're graded after the term ends, you still get credit for them. If you haven't signed up for UMPI yet the deadline for the next session will be August 16thto join us on August 30th in fall 1.

This is meant to be a gross general topic about anything relating to UMPI for Summer Session 2 Students.
  • Are you starting this session? 
  • What do you plan on taking?
  • What classes are you taking?
  • How are you feeling?
  • Any classes causing frustration?
  • What did you pass?
  • What are you learning?
  • What are you doing?
Share your experience with our forum so future students and UMPI's staff that reads this forum can see how we feel! Please feel free to rant, get a breath of fresh air, ask for advice, and more here. We're all here to make sure we're all successful. Support your fellow students and graduates, and graduates support the students that were once in your shoes! 

Keep us updated on YourPace.
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Novo, ss20ts
I'm following along your progress in the MAOL program closely! I started grad school on Monday and still am debating doing the MAOL later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir
(06-30-2021, 08:25 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I'm following along your progress in the MAOL program closely! I started grad school on Monday and still am debating doing the MAOL later.

Yeah absolutely! I'm targeting to get 1 class done a month for the MAOL. If I can push it to three like I did last term, fantastic!

HALFWAY THERE WOOT WOOT BECAUSE OF THE TRANSFER EQUIVS
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Novo, ss20ts
So this is my first term at UMPI. First courses are BUS 141 and ENG 101. I have 10 courses to take at UMPI and hopefully I can complete at least 5 classes a term. I know that generous thinking but I'm hoping for the best. At what point do you register for graduation, after all classes are complete or can you do it on your expected final term. Jumping ahead I know but I'm just curious.
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
UMPI Bachelor Of Liberal Studies - Management Minor, History Minor
UMPI Alumni - 2021 Magna Cum Laude
[-] The following 1 user Likes cpoteraske's post:
  • ashkir
(07-03-2021, 12:10 AM)cpoteraske Wrote: So this is my first term at UMPI. First courses are BUS 141 and ENG 101. I have 10 courses to take at UMPI and hopefully I can complete at least 5 classes a term. I know that generous thinking but I'm hoping for the best. At what point do you register for graduation, after all classes are complete or can you do it on your expected final term. Jumping ahead I know but I'm just curious.

They'll automatically confer your graduation. You don't register for it. 

Those of us that talked about registering we did it for the "live ceremony" / powerpoint in the spring. you'd get an email for that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • cpoteraske
(07-03-2021, 12:10 AM)cpoteraske Wrote: So this is my first term at UMPI. First courses are BUS 141 and ENG 101. I have 10 courses to take at UMPI and hopefully I can complete at least 5 classes a term. I know that generous thinking but I'm hoping for the best. At what point do you register for graduation, after all classes are complete or can you do it on your expected final term. Jumping ahead I know but I'm just curious.

You need to speak with your advising about when to apply for graduation.

(07-03-2021, 12:46 AM)ashkir Wrote:

They'll automatically confer your graduation. You don't register for it. 

Those of us that talked about registering we did it for the "live ceremony" / powerpoint in the spring. you'd get an email for that.

You do need to apply for graduation. The application isn't just about participating in Commencement. Everyone has to actually apply. Jessica helped me with it.
Haha. I didn't know that. I was told don't worry about it as YourPace confers automatically by cody lol
(07-03-2021, 02:36 PM)ashkir Wrote: Haha. I didn't know that. I was told don't worry about it as YourPace confers automatically by cody lol

So funny how we were told different things! I received an email to apply for graduation. Then I spoke to Jessica about it. I had to apply because the Registrar has to approve it is what I was told. I wonder if me finishing at the end of Spring 1 made a difference. You finished at the end of Spring 2 which is when graduation and Commencement for the entire university take place. I wonder if that made a difference.
Does Summer Session 2 start today or tomorrow? I have no new competencies as of right now, so I’m assuming they’ll be there tomorrow due to the holiday?
(07-05-2021, 06:40 AM)jo629 Wrote: Does Summer Session 2 start today or tomorrow? I have no new competencies as of right now, so I’m assuming they’ll be there tomorrow due to the holiday?

Tomorrow, as per the holiday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • jo629

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 274 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 269 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 168 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 747 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,608 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 324 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,692 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 389 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 342 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 934 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM