Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sup guys new here
I am a A1C in the Air Force. I am straight out of tech school (graduated with a 93) and I am in the Civil Engineering career field as a structural apprentice. I have been at my first duty station for almost 3 months. Working towards getting my CCAF as quick as possible. So Figure I would join since I already have completed 3 CLEPS.

-College Mathematics (61)
-Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (53)
-Freshmen Reading Composition (53)

The next CLEP I am taking is Principals of Management (taking it June 24th) and I wanted to ask what the best way to study for this test. I don't think this is something I can get away with not studying again lol. I did take a lot of business classes in high school so maybe some will be a refresher.

Also are the CDC's hard? I know all the URE's and all the questions on the "master your CDC" program...which like half of those were URES damnit felt like I wasted 50 bucks. I'm suppose to be taking my first test as soon as possible.
For most of the tests I do, I run through all the IC cards once, and then head to the specific exam feedback which is very helpful and review every item mentioned there once. It's usually around 10 hours for me, but it varies for everyone of course.

I didn't find Principles of Management difficult, but I also went through ALS before a few years before taking it. Hopefully your business classes help you out.

If you need more management or electives, I would use the strategy of grouping similar tests. Principles of Supervision and Org Behavior have some overlap which help your score a bit.

The CDCs are not hard if you are prepared. You sound ready but I would just keep reviewing until you test. I used the Master your CDC program as well. I scored 90 on my first 2 tests, and 87 on the third. (I cross trained and I was a 7 level in my last job)

Good Luck !
Done:

Excelsior: Bachelor of Science Business
Associate Aviation Mx Tech CCAF
Associate Healthcare Management CCAF

CLEP: A&I Lit, Freshman College Comp, Info Sys and Comp Apps, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics
DSST: Management Information Systems, Intro to Law Enforcement, Intro to Computing, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision, Technical Writing, Environment and Humanity, Organizational Behavior
EC: Info Lit, Internet Programming, Bus Law, Bus Ethics, Bus Strategy, Principles of Finance, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Ops Mgmt
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: A&P I, Accounting I, Accounting II, Bus Com, English Comp I, Microeconomics
SLU: Global Perspective, College Mathematics
BYU: Public Speaking
PF: Art App, Music App
FEMA PDS
73 Military
Total 194
Thanks for the advice.

O was I suppose to send my test scores to Community College of the Air Force? I did that for the AAIL clep....but not the other 2. I sent those off to Coastline Community College.
davidjr74 Wrote:I am a A1C in the Air Force. I am straight out of tech school (graduated with a 93) and I am in the Civil Engineering career field as a structural apprentice. I have been at my first duty station for almost 3 months. Working towards getting my CCAF as quick as possible. So Figure I would join since I already have completed 3 CLEPS.

-College Mathematics (61)
-Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (53)
-Freshmen Reading Composition (53)

The next CLEP I am taking is Principals of Management (taking it June 24th) and I wanted to ask what the best way to study for this test. I don't think this is something I can get away with not studying again lol. I did take a lot of business classes in high school so maybe some will be a refresher.

Also are the CDC's hard? I know all the URE's and all the questions on the "master your CDC" program...which like half of those were URES damnit felt like I wasted 50 bucks. I'm suppose to be taking my first test as soon as possible.

so you should be around 18 credits from cleps and 14 from the Air Force.. not bad at all. what is your ultimate goal though?
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
creationstory Wrote:so you should be around 18 credits from cleps and 14 from the Air Force.. not bad at all. what is your ultimate goal though?

Short Term- Finish my CDCS and get my CCAF in applied science for construction technology. I can't get my CCAF until I'm a 5 level because my technical school wasn't on a Air Force Base (why I gotta do my CDCs as well)

Long Term- Get my Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.
davidjr74 Wrote:Short Term- Finish my CDCS and get my CCAF in applied science for construction technology. I can't get my CCAF until I'm a 5 level because my technical school wasn't on a Air Force Base (why I gotta do my CDCs as well)

Long Term- Get my Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.

Civil Engineering is tough.. but good luck.. you might have to go the AF Academy to pull off that kind of major and be active duty. Maybe consider getting ur AS out the way rapidly.. not necessarily your CCAF.
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 

ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
creationstory Wrote:Civil Engineering is tough.. but good luck.. you might have to go the AF Academy to pull off that kind of major and be active duty. Maybe consider getting ur AS out the way rapidly.. not necessarily your CCAF.

CCAF then associates then Bachelors Smile

I'm assumming I would be very close to an associates after I get my CCAF. I can't take college courses until I'm finished my CDCS which is a huge bummer because the testing system is down for the next 4 months banghead but on the bright side I can try to get the rest of my CLEPS for my CCAF finished in that timeframe if I work hard enough at it.

I was also looking into those programs (after you get our associates) where you have 2 years of school left and you can get a scholarship to seperate from the Air Force, get assigned to a ROTC attachment, in exchange for getting a commissioning and signing for 8 years.
davidjr74 Wrote:CCAF then associates then Bachelors Smile

I'm assumming I would be very close to an associates after I get my CCAF. I can't take college courses until I'm finished my CDCS which is a huge bummer because the testing system is down for the next 4 months banghead but on the bright side I can try to get the rest of my CLEPS for my CCAF finished in that timeframe if I work hard enough at it.

I was also looking into those programs (after you get our associates) where you have 2 years of school left and you can get a scholarship to seperate from the Air Force, get assigned to a ROTC attachment, in exchange for getting a commissioning and signing for 8 years.

listen, take the social science with history clep, us his I clep and us history II clep. that should get you up to 30 with your previous cleps. if you take clep natural sciences you'll be doing even better (get you to 36). your BMT credits is 4.. that will get you up to 40. once there you're 2/3rds done..

i never finished my CCAF, but already have my AS degree. The CCAF actually has more requirements than a regular AS

ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Good idea to group those so heres what I got left:

Oral Communication Clep
A social science (think I'm gonna do us history I)
2 Management CLEPS (Principals of Management, Principals of supervision)

There are study guides on the Air Force portal incase you AF guys were not aware its at the virtual education center.

https://www.my.af.mil/afvecprod/afvec/Pa...uides.aspx

^^actually its more like a pretest...not a real study guide. I'm gonna get my study material from the library and use text books.
As far as the Oral Communication CLEP, it’s about 2-3 month wait with a fairly high fail rate.

I took the Brigham Young University TMA 150 Public Speaking course instead. It’s all online so it’s almost like reading aloud, but you still get the principles and practice of different types of speeches. I completed it in about 3 weeks which was very convenient. I uploaded my speeches with a 2-3 day turnaround. All in all about 9 lessons with a final grade of an A. I was glad I took that route. Just something to think about. And it’s covered by Air Force TA!
Done:

Excelsior: Bachelor of Science Business
Associate Aviation Mx Tech CCAF
Associate Healthcare Management CCAF

CLEP: A&I Lit, Freshman College Comp, Info Sys and Comp Apps, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics
DSST: Management Information Systems, Intro to Law Enforcement, Intro to Computing, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision, Technical Writing, Environment and Humanity, Organizational Behavior
EC: Info Lit, Internet Programming, Bus Law, Bus Ethics, Bus Strategy, Principles of Finance, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Ops Mgmt
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: A&P I, Accounting I, Accounting II, Bus Com, English Comp I, Microeconomics
SLU: Global Perspective, College Mathematics
BYU: Public Speaking
PF: Art App, Music App
FEMA PDS
73 Military
Total 194