Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sup guys new here
mtbkr02 Wrote:As far as the Oral Communication CLEP, it’s about 2-3 month wait with a fairly high fail rate.

I took the Brigham Young University TMA 150 Public Speaking course instead. It’s all online so it’s almost like reading aloud, but you still get the principles and practice of different types of speeches. I completed it in about 3 weeks which was very convenient. I uploaded my speeches with a 2-3 day turnaround. All in all about 9 lessons with a final grade of an A. I was glad I took that route. Just something to think about. And it’s covered by Air Force TA!

That sounds like a good idea man. Thanks.
I'm new here as well too. Just took my first DSST this morning--Introduction to Computers 467/600--and have been doing online classes since April. I took an online communication class as well. The material is very involved, but I only had to upload 2 speeches over 9 weeks. I passed with B, which I'm completely satisfied with.

I avoided the CLEP for the same reasons above. It has a high failure rate. Also, the course in itself is beneficial to anyone's career. You will learn a lot more that you didn't think was involved in public speaking.
Monkeybutt Wrote:I'm new here as well too. Just took my first DSST this morning--Introduction to Computers 467/600--and have been doing online classes since April. I took an online communication class as well. The material is very involved, but I only had to upload 2 speeches over 9 weeks. I passed with B, which I'm completely satisfied with.

I avoided the CLEP for the same reasons above. It has a high failure rate. Also, the course in itself is beneficial to anyone's career. You will learn a lot more that you didn't think was involved in public speaking.

How long were your speeches?

Just took my second practice test on the principals of management CLEP on Petersons. 1st time got a 52. did some studying- second time I get 68.

Suppose to be taking the CLEP tommorow but I might have to cancel because I have volunteer work at the same exact time tommorow...that I was voluntold to do so I can't get out of it I don't think. Not sure. Anyhow, I think I'm ready- at the very least I think I can pass.

Passed Principals of Management with a 55 Smile

got my first CDC EOC Tuesday.

Passed my first CDC exam with a 88%. 2 more CDC exams, 3 more cleps, and my 5 level and I will have my CCAF.

Taking Principals of Supervision (Dantes) . I'd imagine it would be a lot like Principals of Management- just got a textbook for the library and I do the petersons practice tests.

Passed with 432. Was a very easy test- questions were way to vague though.