Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supervision. What is IC?
I'm taking prin. of supervision jan 8th, and wanted to know what to study. I took prin. of manegment last week and got a 51, so i barely passed it. I've seen people mention IC to study, what does that mean, and how do i access IC? Index cards? Where do u get them? Any info would be helpful,thanks.
IC is short for Instantcert academy. If you have a membership you can use the flashcard learning system. I am 2 - 0 with IC and 3 - 4 without it. I would highly recommend it.

CLEP
Intro to Psychology 53/50
Intro to Management 59/50
Intro to Sociology 62/50
Humanities 54/50

DSST
Intro to Computing 56/45
World Religions 405/400

FEMA

Community College 9 sm hours Gen Elective

[SIZE="5"]CREDITS[/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]49/120[/SIZE]
And just an FYI they do have flashcards for the dsst Prin of Supervision

CLEP
Intro to Psychology 53/50
Intro to Management 59/50
Intro to Sociology 62/50
Humanities 54/50

DSST
Intro to Computing 56/45
World Religions 405/400

FEMA

Community College 9 sm hours Gen Elective

[SIZE="5"]CREDITS[/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]49/120[/SIZE]
how do you become a member? Do you have to pay? Any other study materials for the principles of supervision test you reccomend?
i went under instantcert's website and there is a monthly fee. I don't want to pay, is there a way to use someone else's username/ password? I just want to take 1 test. I'm going to take the test free through the military.

Also, whats the differance between dantss tests and cleps? I got a 51 on a principles of manegment clep, should that transfer to most state schools? Do you get points off on dantss when you miss a question, or is it same as a clep?
This forum is administered by Instant Cert. This forum and Instant Cert is helping many of us tremendously and I really don't see a reason why you should not pay $20 and give it try. Once you see the results you will be happy you did it. I passed 6 tests so far using Instant Cert only.
firecatf7333 Wrote:i went under instantcert's website and there is a monthly fee. I don't want to pay, is there a way to use someone else's username/ password? I just want to take 1 test. I'm going to take the test free through the military.

Also, whats the differance between dantss tests and cleps? I got a 51 on a principles of manegment clep, should that transfer to most state schools? Do you get points off on dantss when you miss a question, or is it same as a clep?

The folks that run IC are the people that run this forum, so I wouldn't recommend asking to steal their product on their own website. Not to mention, there is this little thing called integrity. Cool

DANTES (DSST) exams are another version of college level credit by examination. And as far as wrong answers, both CLEP and DSST are rights-only scoring, so there is no penalty for wrong answers.

Many schools use the ACE recommended passing scores, and many set their own standards, so the only way to know is to ask the school you're wanting to transfer the credit to.

BTW-Not to be a smart-ass, but a spell check prior to posting might be helpful. Wink
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
BS-LS: AoF Admin/Mgmt Studies
0 to BS in under 9 months

EXCELSIOR CLASSES (7 Credits)
College Math (A) Eng Comp (B) Info Lit (P)

CLEP (42 Credits)
A&I Lit-6CH (71) SS&H-6CH (66) Humanities-6CH (65) Mgmt (66) Marketing (66) HG&Dev (61) Info Sys&Comp App (60) Sociology (60) Psych (59) Business Law (55) Am Gov't (50)

DSST (57 Credits)
Found of Ed (67-A) Fund of Counseling (67-A) Intro to Business (65-A) Civil War & Recon (62-A) Tech Writing (59-A) Intro Law Enforcement (59-A) Principles of Supervision (58-A) Org Behavior (57-A) Environ&Humanity (53-B) Anthropology (52-B) Astronomy (52-B) World Religions (450) Substance Abuse (450) Ethics in America (447) HTYH (433) Intro to Comp (432) Personal Finance (422) Criminal Justice (409) Mgmt Info Sys (409)

ECE (21 Credits)
HR Mgmt (A) Cultural Diversity © Ethics © Organizational Behavior (B) Found of Gerontology © Psych of A&A © Social Psych ©

Up Next:
MPA @ AMU stating Sept 09
Military can use the Petersons.com website for free access to many practice tests. The Education Office on your base can get you the password.

DANTES Prep

Cheers, Icanstudy
cheersmate
2012 - Executive Certificate, University of Notre Dame
2010 - Master of Business Administration, TUI University
2008 - Bachelor of Science, Excelsior College
2002 - Airframe & Powerplant License, Federal Aviation Administration
1998 - Associates Degree, Community College of the Air Force

Acquired 306 total credits: CCAF - 93, Exams - 66, ACE - 67, Other - 80:patriot:
i registered with IC so i'll study that as much as i can for the supervision test.

What other cleps are easy to pass. i plan on taking maybe 1 every 2 weeks for the next 3 months. I need 2 management classes and a speech class for my CCAF in criminal justice which I'm working on now. I'd like some classes that will be applicable to a criminal justice degree, maybe teaching degree, or business degree. Lol idk what i want to do.
When i took my public speaking, i had to mail in results, so won't know for who knows how long. For the dsst principles of supervision, will i know my results right away, or do all dsst tests have to be mailed out? Are Cleps the only tests computer based? Is there an online site where you can take these tests? I have been taking them at my education office on base

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where can I find a study guide for Principles of Supervision? suzycupcake 4 1,257 03-17-2019, 08:37 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  FYI -- EXPIRED: NFA free Fire Service Supervision: Self Study (Q0318) jsd 9 3,684 10-14-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Principles of Mgmt CLEP vs Principles of Supervision DSST jessikalauren 3 2,426 06-02-2017, 08:11 AM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Principles of Supervision bellenburg17 3 1,166 04-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Last Post: musictester
  DSST Art of the Western World and Principles of Supervision musictester 21 2,804 02-18-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Testing today for Principles of Supervision bellenburg17 2 1,022 01-11-2017, 06:33 PM
Last Post: djam303
  Principles of Supervision DSST or Principles of Management CLEP? kdubbub 1 1,075 12-10-2016, 02:21 PM
Last Post: pandas4eva
  DSST Principles of Supervision Updated? rrr 2 1,052 10-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Last Post: rrr
  Princliples of Supervision DSST masterpiece 0 522 08-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: masterpiece
  NFA Fire Supervision kalishakti 2 630 05-31-2016, 07:38 AM
Last Post: kalishakti