Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching Major at TESC
If you get an evaluation done for a specific major, pay the tuition and then decide to switch your major, do they charge you another evaluation fee?

Also, If you graduate with an Associates from TESC, then decide to get your Bachelors, do you have to pay for another evaluation at that time, or pay another enrollment fee? Or would the enrollment tuition be covered as long as you earned your Bachelors within 1 year of originally enrolling at TESC.

I understand there would be an additional graduation fee, and I guess I don't HAVE to have an associates (I could just go straight for my Bachelors) however it would be nice to have that "halfway" accomplishment solidified.
I changed my major after my evaluation without any fees. I assume you wouldn't need another fee after your associates as long as you stay enrolled.
TESC BSBA - Computer Information Systems December 2008
Passed CLEPs:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Introductory Business Law
Principles of Financial Accounting

Passed DSSTs:
Principles of Statistics
Principles of Finance
[QUOTE=zeroglory]If you get an evaluation done for a specific major, pay the tuition and then decide to switch your major, do they charge you another evaluation fee?>>

No, you can change as often as you want, but they do have to reevaluate your credits again- so your updated evaluation might take a month +/-.

Also, If you graduate with an Associates from TESC, then decide to get your Bachelors, do you have to pay for another evaluation at that time, or pay another enrollment fee? Or would the enrollment tuition be covered as long as you earned your Bachelors within 1 year of originally enrolling at TESC.

You can add an associates to your degree plan, and when you enter myEdison, you have a drop down menu to look at either degree. In other words, you earn them simultaneously even if you are "working on" one at a time. You only pay one evaluation fee- your first one. Finally, the enrollment fee allows you to complete as much as you can in that year, so no, there is no additional fee for starting a second degree.

I understand there would be an additional graduation fee, and I guess I don't HAVE to have an associates (I could just go straight for my Bachelors) however it would be nice to have that "halfway" accomplishment solidified.

In my case, my first associates didn't add anything to this bachelor's degree, I started from zero- so for me, I wanted to be recognized for this new set of credits. I didn't do 60 + 60 (associates to bachelor) , I did 60 + 60 + 60 and I wanted the piece of paper that shows I earned all those extra credits.

One thing- TESC makes you crazy trying to figure out a completion schedule. The "file by" dates for graduation are insane and early- so you will need to remember you can only get 1 degree per grad date, so if you are planning it out for 1 year, it will really look similar to this:

1st semester
2nd semester
3rd semester- (meet and file for AA)
4th semester- (meet and file for BA) Graduate with AA
"5th semester" (unenrolled) Graduate with BA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,636 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU double major leeloodallas 12 3,832 04-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Is TESU's academic evaluation less accurate for out-of-major calculations? Pelican 4 1,232 03-14-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  I'm solidly set on TESU BSBA CIS, Any help figuring out options for a double major? camjenks 5 1,512 03-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Last Post: camjenks
  Help! TESU roadmap for my intended double major DarthArbiter00 3 1,552 02-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,449 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
Thumbs Up Aspiring BA CS/MATH double major (Thanks TrailRunr!!!) otavio 24 3,654 02-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,194 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  In a double major, can credit requirements overlap? Pelican 2 1,711 01-16-2018, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Pelican
  Double Major Question literalkev 3 1,150 01-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Ideas