Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TA and UEXCEL?
I imagine this question gets asked often. I did a quick search and did not find an answer, however. Does TA cover UEXCEL exams? If not, would it cover the TESC exams for someone enrolled at Excelsior?

Just trying to knock out 6 credits in English/Writing. And I really don't want to have to take a full college course if I can avoid it.

Thanks!
[INDENT]"If we are growing we are always going to be outside our comfort zone." ~ John C. Maxwell[/INDENT]

BA Liberal Arts, Excelsior College - Almost done
CREDITS COMPLETE: 105.00 (Most were prior college or military credits they applied to my degree. I have more excess electives than I know what to do with)

CLEP | English Comp w/o Essay 73 | College Math 48 |
DSST | Tech Writing 439 | Principles of Supervision 438 | Business Ethics 419 | Heres To Your Health 430 | Intro World Religions 389 | Intro Computing 417 | Business Math 302 (ouch) |

Military Aptitude Battery (Ask away!) | ASVAB: 95 | DLAB: 110 | :patriot:
DLPT | French L2+/R2+ | PF L3/R2+ | PD L1+/R2 |
is TA supposed to be Tuition Assistance ?

and if so, wouldn't that depend on where you got the Tuition Assistance ?
your job ? the military ? your union ?
This is the military sub-forum, so I'm sure the OP is asking about military TA. I don't have an answer to the question, but one of the military members should know.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
From when I was in, it used to cover it, and then it didn't (one of the programs that got the ax). I believe that DANTES also used to fund the exam on a reimbursable basis, but they stopped that also.

Then again, when I was in AF TA didn't cover TECEPs, but there is a current member who has reported that the AF has paid for his TECEPS. Maybe your service has a different policy. The best way to know is to check with your Education Office.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:From when I was in, it used to cover it, and then it didn't (one of the programs that got the ax). I believe that DANTES also used to fund the exam on a reimbursable basis, but they stopped that also.

Then again, when I was in AF TA didn't cover TECEPs, but there is a current member who has reported that the AF has paid for his TECEPS. Maybe your service has a different policy. The best way to know is to check with your Education Office.

That was me Smile. There is an Air Force AFI that says they will cover exams with TA but you have to report the grade within 90 days and they have to apply to your degree plan. I have had 6 TECEPs funded my Air Force TA, first time I submitted it I had no issues. second time I submitted it the advisor was like wtf is this and rejected it. I had to go over there in person and explain hat the TECEP was. If you're in the Air Force I can give you my TA Approval number and you can ask why they approved mine and not yours if you have an issue?
I haven't tried UEXCEL exams though.

Oh. and on a side note, on the AF TA page, when you register for the class there is even a button on the site that you click to say this is a TECEP (35$/Cr)
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:That was me Smile. There is an Air Force AFI that says they will cover exams with TA but you have to report the grade within 90 days and they have to apply to your degree plan. I have had 6 TECEPs funded my Air Force TA, first time I submitted it I had no issues.

Thats awesome. I'm glad the AF has changed course on this.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.