Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TA is out
Military TA is not being offered, the Airforce and Navy has not reported any but if you need to sign up for classes do it asap just in case something happens!
I checked my testing center website this morning and it didn't have any news of the shutdown. I showed up to take my test and sure enough a sign was posted that said DANTES funded testing will be suspended until the shutdown is over. Sad...I was so ready for this test!
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
Now the website has a statement! I wish I would've seen that before I drove all the way there... (note: this testing center is on base)

EFFECTIVE 1 OCTOBER 2013

Due to the government shutdown period without a Continuing Resolution, DANTES-funded testing will be suspended for all active duty Services, Guard, Reserves, and Coast Guard. This includes administration of exams to active duty members, spouses and civilian personnel. This affects administration of all exams funded by DANTES contracts with the national testing agencies. The stoppage of testing includes DANTES-funded computer-based testing and DANTES-funded paper-based testing
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
airforce just announced no TA Sad
For you guys and gals that are still active duty, at least you are getting a paycheck....count your blessings.

Near the end of my TIS in 2011, they started talking about sequestration and the gravevine was abuzz with rumors of us not getting paid. It was a crappy feeling not knowing if you were going to get paid to go to work or not.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
Hopefully, congress will pull their heads out of their collective backside and get the government funded.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits