Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go!
Vle045 Wrote:I emailed Tara and asked about the Capstones. It’s a pretty reasonable question since they didn’t exist when I got my first degree. I kind of like the answer on Capstone 1.

“In Cap I you will interview a leader to discuss how they lead and compare that to what you’ve learned in the program”

Do you know what they do for Cap II? I wonder if it's a project or a paper for research...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-21-2022, 10:24 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Vle045 Wrote:I emailed Tara and asked about the Capstones.  It’s a pretty reasonable question since they didn’t exist when I got my first degree.  I kind of like the answer on Capstone 1.  

“In Cap I you will interview a leader to discuss how they lead and compare that to what you’ve learned in the program”

Do you know what they do for Cap II?  I wonder if it's a project or a paper for research...

She didn’t say much more than it pulls together everything you learned.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(03-21-2022, 10:33 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
Vle045 Wrote:I emailed Tara and asked about the Capstones.  It’s a pretty reasonable question since they didn’t exist when I got my first degree.  I kind of like the answer on Capstone 1.  

Do you know what they do for Cap II?  I wonder if it's a project or a paper for research...

Cap I sounds a bit like Shaq's doctoral thesis. 

I'd bet real money Cap II is the org leadership equivalent to a business plan in a BSBA capstone. I bet you have to write up a whole plan to implement an institutional change for a real or fictional organization.
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Tedium, Vle045
I really hope to see more TAMUC graduates here. Their BAAS program sounds very cool.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 2 users Like NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • Tedium, Vle045
(03-21-2022, 05:25 PM)raycathode Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 10:33 AM)Vle045 Wrote:

Cap I sounds a bit like Shaq's doctoral thesis. 

I'd bet real money Cap II is the org leadership equivalent to a business plan in a BSBA capstone. I bet you have to write up a whole plan to implement an institutional change for a real or fictional organization.

Poor Dr. O’Neal. He definitely could have done better than a UoPx MBA. I don’t know a lot about Barry.

Sounds like they just didn’t know what else to call Cap I. Just sounds like a leadership style analysis project. From the outside it doesn’t seem to be connected to Cap II.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • agsfisher
Does anyone know if TAMUC accepts Straighterline? Not necessarily a deal-breaker if not. I completed their organizational behavior class that would likely transfer if they accept SL.

I'm currently in the process of registering for UMPI. I just found out today that many of the core required courses I took in community college transferred to UMPI as electives, including most of the required history and political science courses for my major. This added on 8 extra courses I will have to retake at Sophia/SDC or UMPI. 

I found this thread as a result of going through the UMPI equivalencies wiki page. I am a Texas resident and certain that every core course I have will transfer. Plus, tuition being almost half the cost as UMPI, having an in-state degree, and actually being able to attend commencement aren't bad perks either.
Associate of Arts in Social and Behavior Sciences (May 2022)
Bachelor of General Studies (In Progress, Texas A&M University-Commerce)
[-] The following 1 user Likes arbitrarysky's post:
  • Vle045
(04-11-2022, 06:14 PM)arbitrarysky Wrote: Does anyone know if TAMUC accepts Straighterline? Not necessarily a deal-breaker if not. I completed their organizational behavior class that would likely transfer if they accept SL.

I'm currently in the process of registering for UMPI. I just found out today that many of the core required courses I took in community college transferred to UMPI as electives, including most of the required history and political science courses for my major. This added on 8 extra courses I will have to retake at Sophia/SDC or UMPI. 

I found this thread as a result of going through the UMPI equivalencies wiki page. I am a Texas resident and certain that every core course I have will transfer. Plus, tuition being almost half the cost as UMPI, having an in-state degree, and actually being able to attend commencement aren't bad perks either.

Contact their admissions. 

They accepted a ton more of my Sophia/Study credits than UMPI did.

If you are in Texas you should seriously consider TAMUC if price is a concern (which for me it was my primary one).
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • Tedium, Vle045
(04-11-2022, 06:14 PM)arbitrarysky Wrote: Does anyone know if TAMUC accepts Straighterline? Not necessarily a deal-breaker if not. I completed their organizational behavior class that would likely transfer if they accept SL.

Definitely contact them and ask, like @mohelena02 suggested. I would be very surprised if they did not accept SL, considering they take NA credits. They seem pretty liberal with credit acceptance. 

If you do find out, keep us updated. It will help future students. 

TAMUC looks like it might be a great fit for you, since you get in-state tuition. You would come out ahead even if you had to take a few extra courses. Let us know what you decide. We need more feedback on this program. Good luck!
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(04-12-2022, 10:39 AM)Tedium Wrote:

Definitely contact them and ask, like @mohelena02 suggested. I would be very surprised if they did not accept SL, considering they take NA credits. They seem pretty liberal with credit acceptance. 

If you do find out, keep us updated. It will help future students. 

TAMUC looks like it might be a great fit for you, since you get in-state tuition. You would come out ahead even if you had to take a few extra courses. Let us know what you decide. We need more feedback on this program. Good luck!

I went through the ClepPrep group last night and talked to the ORGL program advisor today. 

ALL ACE credits are accepted, including Straighterline! You also don't need business courses for their professional development electives. Per the advisor, all credits not included in the core will be counted towards electives. Meaning that one could use Sophia exclusively and not have to pay double for SDC (maybe except for the comp courses everyone complains about lol).

I wish I found out about this program months ago before I sent all of my transcripts to UMPI. I also would have been able to start (and finish) much sooner. $375/month is so much more manageable than $700/month for UMPI. 

I'm trying to get my younger sister (who graduates high school this spring) on board for the program as well. I'm in the process of making a cost effective, mostly Sophia degree plan for her. Will share that as soon as I'm done!
Associate of Arts in Social and Behavior Sciences (May 2022)
Bachelor of General Studies (In Progress, Texas A&M University-Commerce)
[-] The following 3 users Like arbitrarysky's post:
  • CircleT7, mohelena02, Tedium
That is great news!!!! So happy to hear!

And don't beat yourself up, I also was on two different degree paths before I found this one by accident by stumbling on it on this forum.

I had switched from WGU to UMPI to save money then found this degree which is the most financially beneficial to me and was thrilled!

I could have finished sooner if I had this path all along but I simply did not know it existed, but we are here now!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • Tedium, Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 8 409 04-18-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,429 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,832 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,166 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,596 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 514 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,420 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 613 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,578 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
  What are UMass Global MyPath classes like? pluggingalong 14 3,505 12-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: ashkir