Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice]
(10-17-2023, 05:18 PM)walruspanda Wrote: Now that I'm officially in "pending graduation" status and have turned in my last major assignment, update at the end of my second (and final) PUG term for BS in IT:
  • Capstone was annoyingly slow, especially when I zoomed through 7+ full courses the first term. Fairly time consuming as well, given the required discussion posts and seminars. But it wasn't excessively difficult -- I'd say at least two or three of my other classes were harder.
  • Had three modules left besides the capstone, got those done in the first week of the second term. All in all, my 44 ExcelTrack credits were done in 11 weeks. If you're experienced in IT, determined, and have the time, averaging 4 modules completed per week is doable, albeit not easy.
  • Assuming no surprises on grading my last couple assignments in Capstone (right now I have 100%), I'm ending with 49 credits of A and 1 credit of B for a 3.98 GPA.
  • I think that for me, especially living in Big 10 country where the Purdue name carries quite a bit of weight, PUG was the right way to go. Cheap, quick, no huge drawbacks. There's a lack of professionalism in some of the coursework, and the quality of the professors was mixed, but all and all I had a very positive experience and would recommend this program to anyone in a similar situation as me.
Next up: MS in IT program starting in January, also from PUG -- officially accepted today. I'll post about it in the graduate forums as it gets a little closer.

That's great to hear! Congratulation on graduation and earning your degree, and starting your MS! I'm actually starting the Online Masters of Computer Science at GeorgiaTech next week.
Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [2022]
GeorgiaTech - MS Computer Science [~2025]
Review and degree path for Purdue Bachelor of Science in IT
[-] The following 4 users Like 9yeire's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP, origamishuttle, walruspanda
(01-01-2024, 06:06 PM)9yeire Wrote: That's great to hear! Congratulation on graduation and earning your degree, and starting your MS! I'm actually starting the Online Masters of Computer Science at GeorgiaTech next week.

Great program! If I were about a decade younger, I probably would have applied for the GT MSCS. But at my (relatively) advanced age degree speed trumps everything else, and I'm pretty confident I can finish the PUG MSIT very quickly.
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025
completed: MS in Information Technology, March 2024

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023
[-] The following 2 users Like walruspanda's post:
  • bornsupercharged, fromthedepths
How long after you fill out the form, complete all the stuff and remit the down payment, before you get notified of acceptance/rejection?
A.A.S. Business - Columbia Southern University
B.S. Business Administration, Information Technology - Columbia Southern University
M.B.A. Mangement - California Coast University
M.S. Information Systems - Minot State University
(01-05-2024, 07:22 PM)bornsupercharged Wrote: How long after you fill out the form, complete all the stuff and remit the down payment, before you get notified of acceptance/rejection?

Looking at old emails, it appears I applied for PUG's BSIT on a Friday -- with an unofficial transcript of previous college work and IT certifications -- and was accepted to PUG on the following Wednesday (with requirement to provide an official transcript, of course). So not long.
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023
Thanks, my son just applied a few hours ago. I can't believe I remembered degreeforum.net after all these years!
B.S. Business Administration, Information Technology - Columbia Southern University
[-] The following 1 user Likes bornsupercharged's post:
  • LevelUP
(01-05-2024, 07:49 PM)walruspanda Wrote:
(01-05-2024, 07:22 PM)bornsupercharged Wrote: How long after you fill out the form, complete all the stuff and remit the down payment, before you get notified of acceptance/rejection?

Looking at old emails, it appears I applied for PUG's BSIT on a Friday -- with an unofficial transcript of previous college work and IT certifications -- and was accepted to PUG on the following Wednesday (with requirement to provide an official transcript, of course). So not long.

Do you have the "IT Certification Verification form" that needs to be filled out? I can't seem to locate it on their website.
(01-10-2024, 12:46 PM)bornsupercharged Wrote: Do you have the "IT Certification Verification form" that needs to be filled out? I can't seem to locate it on their website.

I don't think it's there -- I had to request it from my Student Success Manager. But since I have it, here you go.
Purdue University Global

[-] The following 3 users Like walruspanda's post:
  • bornsupercharged, Darknigh7, LevelUP
(01-10-2024, 01:39 PM)walruspanda Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:46 PM)bornsupercharged Wrote: Do you have the "IT Certification Verification form" that needs to be filled out? I can't seem to locate it on their website.

I don't think it's there -- I had to request it from my Student Success Manager. But since I have it, here you go.

You're the best, thank you!
I'm seeing mixed info on this, but will PUG evaluate certs not listed in their site? I have Google Business Intelligence and Google Cybersecurity.

The list has some pretty random/downplayed options, so the cybersecurity one missing from it stands out to me particularly
(04-04-2024, 03:42 PM)tdat314 Wrote: I'm seeing mixed info on this, but will PUG evaluate certs not listed in their site? I have Google Business Intelligence and Google Cybersecurity.

I can't say definitively, but I had IT certs not on the list submitted to PUG (mainly ones already on my Credly transcript) not on their cert list, and I didn't get credit for them. That said, I also didn't explicitly request to have them considered. My guess, though, is they'll say that it needs to be submitted via their Credit for Experience program, which costs $1500 for the portfolio review (but still might be worth it for some).
Purdue University Global

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,358 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 61 10,147 04-08-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 307 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 379 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Information Technology major with a concentration on game development purduestudent 13 1,053 02-28-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  For purdue global whats discrete mathematics like? purduestudent 2 235 02-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,948 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,613 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 736 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 419 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas