Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC - No longer accepting ACE credits
Just received word from a few "homeschooling" families that TAMUC decided to follow suit with UMHB University of Mary Hardin–Baylor, they will no longer accept ACE credits into their program!  Ouch for those with many transfer credits from ACE providers... I think they will continue to accept CLEP, Dual Credit, etc, just the ACE credits will be gone!  I'll provide an update once I get more details on this...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
what the hell is TAMUC

google to the rescue !

https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...-d&q=TAMUC
That's not good. Guess I'll be calling them Monday. Finishing two more classes on Sophia then the plan was to transfer over to TAMUC. Hopefully there is a grace period and I can get in next week. If not, guess I'm looking at other programs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes teejayb's post:
  • Vle045
I'm guessing this will affect their CBE programs. Our Wiki degree plan is only 3 months old!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Wow that is crazy because all of my credits coming into the program were Sophia or Study - wonder what would make a college make that decision.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
(06-18-2022, 10:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just received word from a few "homeschooling" families that TAMUC decided to follow suit with UMHB University of Mary Hardin–Baylor, they will no longer accept ACE credits into their program!  Ouch for those with many transfer credits from ACE providers... I think they will continue to accept CLEP, Dual Credit, etc, just the ACE credits will be gone!  I'll provide an update once I get more details on this...

Is this knowledge gained by applying and the credits not being accepted, or was this over the phone with an advisor? Was the student(s) looking at the TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership or other program?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Vle045
The lady on the "homechooling" group is going to check on this further, we'll know most likely early next week. Hopefully they aren't getting rid of ACE options!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just want to say that a college may not accept ACE into the entire school and still accept it in a particular program, like CBE. I know of several schools that are like this.

I wouldn't panic, and there are plenty of other options if this doesn't work out. But, I think the moral of the story is that when you decide on a school, you need to enroll as quickly as possible and transfer in any credits you already have. There is no sense waiting.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(06-19-2022, 02:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Just want to say that a college may not accept ACE into the entire school and still accept it in a particular program, like CBE.  I know of several schools that are like this.

Good point. Isn't UMPI like this as well? hopefully this is the case here. but if not, dfrecore is right -- plenty of other options to pivot to.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(06-19-2022, 02:45 PM)jsd Wrote: Good point. Isn't UMPI like this as well? hopefully this is the case here. but if not, dfrecore is right -- plenty of other options to pivot to.

UMPI accepts ACE credit on campus as well as in YourPace. 

https://www.umpi.edu/academics/prior-lea...ssessment/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 5 86 9 hours ago
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,345 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,770 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 12,815 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,427 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 238 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 500 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,737 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,402 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,233 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM