Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC Org Leadership Capstones
Wanted to update everyone on what the Capstones for this program look like as I know there was some curiosity around it.

There are in fact two classes with two different professors that form Capstone I and Capstone II. Please note, there are various teachers that teach these Capstone classes and every teacher has different requirements for their classes, so it is likely that people will get different assignments depending on who their teacher is, this is just my experience.

Capstone I involved (2) 4 page essays, (1) 12 page essay, (1) video essay
Capstone II involves (1) 12 page essay, (1) video essay

Interesting anecdote, I had planned very carefully in my spreadsheet to be able to finish my degree by this semester. Each semester is seven weeks. You have to stop accelerating by the 5th week because for the last two weeks of the term you can no longer change classes.  I had planned to work hard to make the cut-off to have the Capstone II class as my last one.

I had one teacher that took three days to reply to my e-mails, it was excruciating. You cannot accelerate to a class without a written email from the teacher letting your advisor know it was done. This one specific teacher took forever and stalled my progress. Nonetheless, I still made it.

My advisor told me to stop completely after my last class before the Capstones because she said I wouldn't have enough time to finish.... I had to convince her to allow me into Capstone I after I confirmed with her that I would be okay paying $750 for another term just to take Capstone II. Lo and behold I had a wonderful teacher for Capstone I who worked with me and I was able to finish that class in 3 days, allowing me to move on to Capstone II before the cut-off date. My advisor was stunned. I am now almost done with Capstone II and still have a week and a half to go. 

I am not sure if they are not used to people accelerating in this program, because I feel like I got a bit of push back, but nothing that persistence couldn't handle.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 6 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • CircleT7, Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP, origamishuttle, rachel83az, Vle045
So happy to see you reach your goals in this program!
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • mohelena02, origamishuttle
I love the drama story with the emails and deadlines. 

You did a great job of advocating for yourself.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • mohelena02, origamishuttle, Vle045
Wonderful! You're getting that completed with road blocks, but you persisted and was able to complete that with a little delay. I hope the rest goes as well with this Capstone II. Hopefully we get some more good news! It's best that you asked, the worst they can say is no... and by asking, it went into your favor to be able to accelerate at a comfy pace for yourself.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(06-19-2022, 11:06 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I love the drama story with the emails and deadlines. 

You did a great job of advocating for yourself.

Thank you!!

The drama about my advisor telling me to stop was funny. She said she would send me an application to a competitive scholarship (aka not guaranteed) that would give me $150 off the next term, but the scholarship only applies if you take 2+ courses per term. I kept insisting that I could do all the work this term and when I asked to be moved to Capstone I I had to send a formal email saying I knew I would be paying $750 for the next term for one class, which I did.

In my heart, I knew I could finish the capstones but nonetheless she kept insisting. I was finally about to make it into the final class and now I don't have to pay $750 or the $600 with a scholarship for another term at all, which was my ultimate goal.

(06-19-2022, 11:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wonderful! You're getting that completed with road blocks, but you persisted and was able to complete that with a little delay.  I hope the rest goes as well with this Capstone II.  Hopefully we get some more good news!  It's best that you asked, the worst they can say is no... and by asking, it went into your favor to be able to accelerate at a comfy pace for yourself.

I know! Luckily the advisor is very responsive, so even though there was pushback, she was willing to engage with me and not dismiss me.

I am hoping to be finished with everything by the end of this upcoming week, will keep this forum posted!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • LevelUP, origamishuttle
(06-19-2022, 11:27 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: I am hoping to be finished with everything by the end of this upcoming week, will keep this forum posted!

Thank you for sharing your journey! And congratulations on all your accomplishments!!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • mohelena02
Congrats! I have an employer that will be paying for mine thankfully so I don't have a financial deadline to compete with, but it is nice to see it can be done! Thank you so much for all the updates. Seeing someone else go though a relatively new and unknown program gives me motivation to get into it as well!
[-] The following 2 users Like teejayb's post:
  • mohelena02, Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 28 2,036 03-27-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 24 3,969 03-24-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: funknola
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 1,994 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 448 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 85 12,253 01-12-2024, 02:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,285 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,101 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 556 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,463 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
  TAMUC Org Leadership - 9 Months, $3,394, Starting from ZERO mohelena02 34 5,028 11-14-2023, 08:55 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso