Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TECEP “Introduction to Marketing (MAR-201-TE),”overall impressions?
I am about to enroll in TECEP “Introduction to Marketing (MAR-201-TE),” and would like some advice on study resources. First, what is your overall impressions of this test? Difficulty, amount of study time . . . and Second, what did you use for preparation/study material(s); text books, videos, websites . . . I have never studied marketing so I’m not really sure what to expect. Thank you!
(04-26-2021, 11:46 AM)Jesus is Lord Wrote: I am about to enroll in TECEP “Introduction to Marketing (MAR-201-TE),” and would like some advice on study resources. First, what is your overall impressions of this test? Difficulty, amount of study time . . . and Second, what did you use for preparation/study material(s); text books, videos, websites . . . I have never studied marketing so I’m not really sure what to expect. Thank you!

I'm going to guess most people on here haven't taken this exam, since it's such an easy course to find alternatively.

Also, it used to be an UL course/exam at TESU, so the LL one is going to be fairly new I think - meaning fewer people will have had exposure to it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Study.com is generally the go-to resource to study for TECEPs. Unless a TECEP has study guides on InstantCert (this one does not). For this one, though, you could probably go through OnlineDegree's Intro to Marketing course. Unless you need the RA credit, if you haven't already paid for the TECEP I would honestly suggest taking OnlineDegree's $9 exam or InstantCert's $45 one over the TECEP.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Intro to Marketing is also available on Davar Academy for $70 which is a great deal. CLEP has it for free if you go through Modern States and get a voucher. I am just stating some other options if you did not already know they were available. My daughter took Intro to Marketing through CLEP just last Friday. It was easy enough with help from MS and the practice REA exams.
(04-26-2021, 11:46 AM)Jesus is Lord Wrote: I am about to enroll in TECEP “Introduction to Marketing (MAR-201-TE),” and would like some advice on study resources. First, what is your overall impressions of this test? Difficulty, amount of study time . . . and Second, what did you use for preparation/study material(s); text books, videos, websites . . . I have never studied marketing so I’m not really sure what to expect. Thank you!

Looking at the practice test, this TECEP seems super easy.

I would approach the test as if I was going to take the CLEP principles of marketing.  There doesn't seem to be one single textbook this exam goes by.

Do Modern States, Quizlet, Peterson Guide w practice tests and then just take the practice exam on Saylor.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Good ideas. I'll definitely do that. Thank you.
Our host has Principles of Marketing. The course is $20 a month (you can finish it in 1 month) and then the proctor fee.

https://www.instantcert.com/articles/art...IT-Courses
(04-27-2021, 02:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Our host has Principles of Marketing. The course is $20 a month (you can finish it in 1 month) and then the proctor fee.

https://www.instantcert.com/articles/art...IT-Courses

I just discovered the courses offered here. I just enrolled in managerial accounting. Thanks for letting me know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jesus is Lord's post:
  • ss20ts
I took that TECEP years ago, but don't really recall what was on it. My best advice is to use the suggested study materials. Sometimes you might find a website that goes with the book if it's from a large publisher. I would use the crossword puzzles and flashcards from those websites to help study. Definitely review the chapter summaries numerous times if you don't have time to fully read the chapters. I would say this is definitely not one of the harder exams though.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 468 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 325 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 618 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  Study.com Digital Marketing No Longer UL After Nov 1st LevelUP 12 999 12-05-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 841 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
  Free TECEP® Exams Available Now (?) doom 128 17,039 10-02-2023, 11:21 AM
  TECEP Planned But Not Registered/Scheduled mog538 8 603 09-27-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Date Range for TECEP Exam bradonomics 9 647 09-23-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bradonomics
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 7,319 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP