Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Business Administration/ Strategic Management Capstone Quesiton
I registered for this today and I clicked the Business Administration Capstone and it is automatically adding on a 1 credit - Lifelong learning course. Is this part of the Business Admin capstone? It says I need to pay $300
Anyway, just want to make sure this is right. - My degree plan says $114

Also it said I couldn't register for the online version - Does this mean I can go anywhere that does proctor u and take the pen and paper version? How do I schedule that?

It's showing up as "first year course tuition" - Is this the way I should be paying, for the full "year"?
Is there a cheaper way to register since I'm only doing one exam?

Any help would be really appreciated as I am worried I'll miss my chance on this exam since they are discontinuing it. Thanks
Nope that is a corner stone course. If you take a study.com course it can be waived. Good deal because study.com is 200 a month and you can take 2 courses.
You should call them tomorrow morning and let them know you wanted the TECEP not the course. Hopefully they can make the change for you easily over the phone. Bit of advice, if you encounter problems like this in the future, wait until you can get someone on the phone or contact the registrar via email.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:You should call them tomorrow morning and let them know you wanted the TECEP not the course. Hopefully they can make the change for you easily over the phone. Bit of advice, if you encounter problems like this in the future, wait until you can get someone on the phone or contact the registrar via email.

It does say it's for the TECEP exam though. I guess I'll call them and figure out what's going on. How much is just the exam supposed to be? I haven't paid yet so I don't think I'm officially enrolled and it should be a very simple change.
yb1 Wrote:Nope that is a corner stone course. If you take a study.com course it can be waived. Good deal because study.com is 200 a month and you can take 2 courses.

You can take the corner stone course via study.com? Which course is it on study.com? I did not know that. I'm very familiar with study.com so that would be great. I have already done about 20 courses through study.com
gremlinbrawler Wrote:You can take the corner stone course via study.com? Which course is it on study.com? I did not know that. I'm very familiar with study.com so that would be great. I have already done about 20 courses through study.com

No, you can't.

But even better...

if you're a study.com subscriber, you qualify for partnership pricing and this partnership also waives the cornerstone requirement (and gives you a discount on the residency waiver fee, as well as tuition if you need to take any courses like the lib arts capstone. No discount on TECEPs unfortunately)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:No, you can't.

But even better...

if you're a study.com subscriber, you qualify for partnership pricing and this partnership also waives the cornerstone requirement (and gives you a discount on the residency waiver fee, as well as tuition if you need to take any courses like the lib arts capstone. No discount on TECEPs unfortunately)

Okay great so that means that I do not have to do the lifelong learning one right? But I do still have to do the strategic management TECEP right?

When I applied I did not put that I'm doing study.com but I would think I could just call them now and let them know as I am not enrolled yet.
Yes to all of your questions Smile
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
TECEP's are $114. The $300 is the cornerstone course, which they added to your "cart" when you wanted to register for the TECEP. So you should have had 2 courses for a total of $414, not 1 course for $414.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Got it thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,141 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,341 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,685 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,802 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,036 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,199 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,846 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,755 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,513 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,840 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98