Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Testing - Should I register as a non-matriculated student? Or just apply?
Hi All -

I have been reading this forum for a couple of years. I finally took the plunge and got started a couple of months ago! I had some old community college credits. Over the last few months, I have taken the free sources of credit as well as Shmoop and StraighterLine. I am up to 69 credits.

The next course on my list is English Comp II. I already took English Comp I when I was in community college so I thought I would do the TECEP rather than the CLEP. I just went on TESU's website and applied to be a non-matriculated student. It cost $75 for me to do that and now I'm wondering if I should have just applied. Any thoughts from the experts out there? Smile

I haven't applied to any of the Big 3 yet. I actually have been in the process of applying for an AAS degree from WVNCC. The TECEP for English Comp II is my last general education requirement for TESU. My next step is to make a final decision on which type of degree I want and then ask for advice on when to apply Smile. I am hoping I didn't just flush $75 down the toilet! I would appreciate thoughts and advice! Thank you!!
Applying as non-matriculated means that you are not degree seeking. If you would like to enroll into a degree program you would most likely have to reapply as a matriculated/degree seeking student and the pay the $75 again. You might have to register for another TECEP after applying in order to enroll. The TECEP fee for non-matriculated students is higher then matriculated students. Typically for TESU you can apply any time once you decide on TESU or if you want your prior credits evaluated. You can always apply to one degree program but then change it after your eval. When you apply TESU will evaluate all previous credits. You can then see how the different credits can apply to the different programs. Some have recently delayed applying and enrolling to try and avoid the new cornerstone requirement which is $300 and TESU has waived it for some that had a certain number of credits. If you have previous credits from other schools or military it can be helpful to apply early to see how the credits transfer in. If you apply and enroll you lock in the catalog in effect at the time so that if the degree requirements change you won't have to worry about the new requirements. Once you apply as a degree seeking student you can enroll by registering for a TECEP which is good for a year. If you need longer then a year then you just register for a second TECEP. To maintain enrollment you must pass at least one 3 credit TECEP per year.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Just call them and tell them you didn't understand what that meant, and have them switch you to degree-seeking.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,753 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,995 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,808 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,538 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,716 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU - How do you apply for the two degree at the same time?? allvia 3 1,354 06-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,200 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,524 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew