Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP - easiest one (generally)
I have done a search here and found a lot of TECEP posts but almost all of them discuss strategic management or something business/math/tax related.
Not for me. LOL I just need the easiest one to study for (I'll use Study.com) to get it out of the way ASAP. I was looking at maybe the environmental justice (I think that's what it's called?) or history, but I already have done some history, so would that matter?
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
If you've already taken Intermediate or College Algebra, then hands-down Applied Liberal Arts Math is the easiest. I got a 90%, and didn't study at all (I took it after Intermediate Algebra).

I also thought Computer Apps was pretty easy, as was Technical Writing and English II. Public Relations was definitely the hardest one I took, and I studied quite a bit for it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Computer concepts and applications was crazy stupid easy. At least half the questions were on par with "the device used to input letters into the computer is called a: " a) potato b) printer c) keyboard d) scanner

I feel dumb for studying for it at all.
Aurelius Wrote:Computer concepts and applications was crazy stupid easy. At least half the questions were on par with "the device used to input letters into the computer is called a: " a) potato b) printer c) keyboard d) scanner

What did you use to study for the exam? I'm taking it this weekend and even though most people say its easy, I'd still like to feel prepared.
Aurelius Wrote:Computer concepts and applications was crazy stupid easy. At least half the questions were on par with "the device used to input letters into the computer is called a: " a) potato b) printer c) keyboard d) scanner

Agreed, if you took the thing online they should just award 50% credit for being able to get that far at all...

I will say that I think your average Joe would be wise to study on the security aspect of it. And by "study" I mean do some light reading on IT security basics. If it sounds like it's full of buzzwords you're probably in the right place.
aviator guy Wrote:Agreed, if you took the thing online they should just award 50% credit for being able to get that far at all...

I will say that I think your average Joe would be wise to study on the security aspect of it. And by "study" I mean do some light reading on IT security basics. If it sounds like it's full of buzzwords you're probably in the right place.

I agree that it's easy, but I don't think it's easier than the Math TECEP. Because the OP has already "studied" for the exam by previous (and higher level) math courses. It's like going back and taking 6th grade math after you've taken College Algebra and Stats.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
my problem is I abhhor math. Loathe it... It took me at least 5 or 6 tries to pass each of those ALEKS math courses, so math is out. HA! *runs away!*
I am looking at maybe environmental ethics, world history from 1600 til date, nutrition, and now this computer concepts one. I am sleep deprived as it is and beyond stressed out as sole caretaker for my mom, so I need easy! Thanks y'all
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
BingCherry Wrote:I am looking at maybe environmental ethics,

I have a real problem with the environmental ethics TECEP. Until recently, I worked in environmental construction/remediation and I figured the environmental ethics TECP would be like shooting fish in a barrel - that is until I read the test description. It was full of BS questions like "The name of Richard Head's treatise on wildlife conservation was written about: A. The conservation of blubber bearing marine mammals by the Inuit people in the 1950s, B. Pollution of the Naryn River in Uzbekistan following the dissolution of the USSR, C..." and "Who wrote a book (that hasn't been published in 75 years) that is considered a pivotal work regarding environmental policy in Canada in the 1890s?"

Seriously? I want to call up some of the guys I used to work with that have graduate degrees in environmental science and ecology and ask them if they've heard of any of these doofuses.

I've been working on the Saylor version. I've done most of the unit quizzes and I did quite well on those that had questions about actual environmental policy but unfortunately it has some of the same malarkey as the TECEP. At least Saylor presents the relevant info in a somewhat easy to find format. I'll probably take the Saylor test because that's $100 that I don't have to spend for the TECEP.
It's a philosophy course, not a science course. Not easy at all.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,785 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,020 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,190 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,836 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,535 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,760 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,740 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,249 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,915 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,550 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew