Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP exams
Application fee, yes. Enrollment fee, no. If you're utilizing the Per Credit tuition plan, enrollment will automatically begin on the 10th day of the term in which you register for your first TECEP or course.
I asked the question again with more detail because I need a clear answer for my current situation. I'm earning second degrees, but this is my first time using the Per Credit Tuition Plan. So, this will be pertinent to those earning first degrees under the plan.

My question:

Under the Per Credit Tuition Plan, do my in-residence credits need to apply to the degree requirements? If they end up as "other courses" on my evaluation, will they still count toward the 24-credit residency requirement? The reason why I'm asking is because some of the residency credits I plan to complete will apply to the ASNSM and not the BSBA and vice versa.

Thank you

Their answer:

Quote:With our Per Credit tuition plan, it does not matter what degree requirements are met with your residency requirements, only that your residency requirements have been met.

Considering that the residency requirements for the second degree are already met if you met them first the first degree, this makes sense. More than likely, many of the residency credits you used for the first degree will not apply to the degree requirements of the second degree (think going from a BA to a BSBA or vice versa). If they required that the residency requirements apply to the degree requirements for the first degree, then this would amount to two different residency standards for first and second degrees. I don't know if this is coming across clearly. It just wouldn't make sense for them to require that the residency credits apply to the first degree, but not the second.

All in all, it sounds like they only care that you take 12 or 24 credits in residence so that they still make money when you aren't paying the enrollment fee under the Enrolled Options plan or flat-rate tuition under the Comprehensive Tuition Plan. They don't care if those credits are actually used toward your degree.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I asked the question again with more detail because I need a clear answer for my current situation. I'm earning second degrees, but this is my first time using the Per Credit Tuition Plan. So, this will be pertinent to those earning first degrees under the plan.

My question:

Under the Per Credit Tuition Plan, do my in-residence credits need to apply to the degree requirements? If they end up as "other courses" on my evaluation, will they still count toward the 24-credit residency requirement? The reason why I'm asking is because some of the residency credits I plan to complete will apply to the ASNSM and not the BSBA and vice versa.

Thank you

Their answer:

Considering that the residency requirements for the second degree are already met if you met them first the first degree, this makes sense. More than likely, many of the residency credits you used for the first degree will not apply to the degree requirements of the second degree (think going from a BA to a BSBA or vice versa). If they required that the residency requirements apply to the degree requirements for the first degree, then this would amount to two different residency standards for first and second degrees. I don't know if this is coming across clearly. It just wouldn't make sense for them to require that the residency credits apply to the first degree, but not the second.

All in all, it sounds like they only care that you take 12 or 24 credits in residence so that they still make money when you aren't paying the enrollment fee under the Enrolled Options plan or flat-rate tuition under the Comprehensive Tuition Plan. They don't care if those credits are actually used toward your degree.

Trying to research the TECEPs I'm enrolled for and stumbled across this thread. Obviously it has all changed very recently, but it shows just how things stood in 2014.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,450 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,783 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,019 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,189 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,835 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,545 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,755 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  TESU/ACE/Microsoft Exams AwardTour 10 2,985 07-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,642 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,739 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas