Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP - how to take the exam ??
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but have I got this right??

1. Register for the TECEP

2. Wait about 10 days to become officially enrolled at TESC

3. Register to take the exam with ProctorU

TECEPs are treated like a regular class as far as enrolling. You must enroll for the tecep during the open enrollment period of the semester with TESC. Once that period has passed you must wait for the next semester to come around.
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
GMT, I assume you're trying to enroll under the Per Credit plan? In that case;

1. Register for the TECEP(s)
2. Approximately 10 days later your enrollment status should be updated. To verify this, go to "My Profile" in your Online Student Services. The last 2 letters of your student status should read 'TU' (Tuition Only)
3. You will be able to take the final exam as soon as the term begins. ProctorU allows you to schedule exams at no extra cost, a minimum of 72 hours in advance. Within 72 hours, a fee is applicable

When I was starting out, I did inform the Bursar that I wanted to enroll under the Per Credit plan before I registered for the TECEP. It's doubt this is required, but it helped me feel a touch more secure while I was waiting for the status to update.
TESC BA Communications (Per Credit Hour Plan)
[Green = Done, Red = Pending]

Foreign Credits: 50.25 Credits transferred from local B&M
TECEP: Introduction to Political Science, Introduction to Comparative Politics, Writing & Reporting News, Marriage and the Family, Psychology of Women, Public Relations, English Composition 1, Marketing Communication
TESC - Liberal Arts Capstone
Straighterline - Intro to World Religions, Cultural Anthropology, Environmental Science, Business Ethics, Intro to Sociology, Personal Finance, Business Communication, English Composition 2
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
TEEX - Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Business Professionals
BYU - Media Ethics & Law, Intercultural Communication, Mass Communication
Saylor - Corporate Communication
cloakswall Wrote:GMT, I assume you're trying to enroll under the Per Credit plan? In that case;

2. Approximately 10 days later your enrollment status should be updated. To verify this, go to "My Profile" in your Online Student Services. The last 2 letters of your student status should read 'TU' (Tuition Only)
3. You will be able to take the final exam as soon as the term begins. ProctorU allows you to schedule exams at no extra cost, a minimum of 72 hours in advance. Within 72 hours, a fee is applicable

When I was starting out, I did inform the Bursar that I wanted to enroll under the Per Credit plan before I registered for the TECEP. It's doubt this is required, but it helped me feel a touch more secure while I was waiting for the status to update.

you're totally right, thank you for explaining it Smile
I was feeling a bit confused

cloakswall Wrote:GMT, I assume you're trying to enroll under the Per Credit plan? In that case;

Just bumping cuz it's good advice and helped me when getting my sisters signed up for their first TECEPs yesterday Smile
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 27,017 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,798 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,035 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,199 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,846 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,839 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,748 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,269 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,929 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,557 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew