Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP registration
(10-12-2017, 03:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:40 PM)polopoe Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 09:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, it's automatically put on there for everyone now, you just need to contact the school and tell them to remove it.  Especially if you're enrolled with the Study.com affiliation, which waives it (and if you don't have the Study.com affiliation on your enrollment, you need to add it since it gives you other discounts).

Hi I seen you've taken quite a few of the TECEP Exams how hard would you say they are? Can you compare them to CLEPs in regards to difficulty? Thanks for your time. I'm Currently working on a Bachelor of Science in Air Traffic Control and working to achieve it as fast as possible.

I agree with DaveWill, it's not that they're more or less difficult than the CLEP exams, it's the sucky setup of the exam itself that's an issue.  I took 6, 5 weren't particularly hard, but the Strategic Management TECEP was very difficult for me (I failed).  So it's mostly a matter of taking the easier ones there and then going through other means to take anything else you can.
Thanks guys for the input. I'm currently balls deep in few different ACP sites such as TEEX.org, study.com, and Davar Academy trying to figure out which ones I like the best.
polopoe Wrote: Thanks guys for the input. I'm currently balls deep in few different ACP sites such as TEEX.org, study.com, and Davar Academy trying to figure out which ones I like the best.

BTW, do you already have an Air Traffic Control certificate? Otherwise, it's going to be hard to transfer in the majority of the credits. My suggestion is to grab all the General Education/Free Elective requirements from ACE/NCCRS providers, Davar/Saylor/Study.com/SL, etc. These are the courses/credits you need: http://www.tesu.edu/ast/bsast/Air-Traffic-Control.cfm
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-12-2017, 04:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
polopoe Wrote: Thanks guys for the input. I'm currently balls deep in few different ACP sites such as TEEX.org, study.com, and Davar Academy trying to figure out which ones I like the best.

BTW, do you already have an Air Traffic Control certificate?  Otherwise, it's going to be hard to transfer in the majority of the credits. My suggestion is to grab all the General Education/Free Elective requirements from ACE/NCCRS providers, Davar/Saylor/Study.com/SL, etc. These are the courses/credits you need: http://www.tesu.edu/ast/bsast/Air-Traffic-Control.cfm
Yes BJ, I've already had all of my Air Traffic Control certs evaluated. I'm currently 9 classes away from a Bachelor's and 4 classes away from my Associates. I would like to if possible complete it by fall 2018. Is there a way to take courses like Physics 1 and 2 with lab somewhere else besides TESU as those Precalculas and statistics may give me a roadblock. Not sure how difficult these 4 classes are and if I could balance work, family and taking two of these courses at the same time 
Yup, you can take Precalculus, Business Statistics, Physics I + Lab at Straighterline. Try to finish all of those in ONE month to save on membership fees. For Physics II and Lab, you'll have to take it at a community college online course. I recommend any one that is online if possible, in the same state otherwise, you'll have to pay a bit more at APU/AMU. Here's the link for APU/AMU: https://www.apus.edu/schedule-classes/sc...se/scin234
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-12-2017, 09:26 PM)polopoe Wrote: Is there a way to take courses like Physics 1 and 2 with lab somewhere else besides TESU as those

Physics I + Lab you can take at SL.  
Physics II + Lab you can take at NMJC for $356.

You can also take:
Physics I as a Shmoop course, and then take the SL lab.
Physics I + II through Saylor, then take Physics I lab at SL, and Physics II lab at NMJC (if they will let you take it as a standalone course)
Physics I/II as a single UExcel exam for $145, then take Physics I lab at SL, and Physics II lab at NMJC (same caveat)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,755 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,996 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,809 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,551 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,718 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,201 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,524 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,649 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill