Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECH Universidad Technologica
There´s a code that supposedly appears the first time to visit the website, I tried the code in a course, and the price remained the same:

[Image: tech-cup-n-no-sirve-c.jpg]

S/ 1,195, instead of S/ 1,195

I wrote to them and they told me that they could give me a discount of 20%, giving me a price of S/ 956.

Later, they wrote to me saying that they were giving "scholarships" for that course, and that instead of charging S/ 1,795, they would only charge S/ 1,346.

(To convert S/ to USD$, just divide by 4)

And of course, they didn´t answer the email I sent them (when I told them that coupon didn´t work), but they only answered after I filled the form with the phone number, and they wrote on WhatsApp. Later they wrote from a different number, to offer me the "scholarship" (that had a higher price than the original price).
Apparently, they have about 3717 alumni on LinkedIn.
https://www.linkedin.com/school/tech-uni...ca/people/

I randomly checked the alumni profile and some of them have multiple "masters", which several from ENEB.

5 masters https://www.linkedin.com/in/jriverac/details/education/
4 masters https://www.linkedin.com/in/reynaldotapi...education/
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes asianphd's post:
  • sanantone
(02-22-2022, 12:51 AM)asianphd Wrote: Apparently, they have about 3717 alumni on LinkedIn.
https://www.linkedin.com/school/tech-uni...ca/people/

I randomly checked the alumni profile and some of them have multiple "masters", which several from ENEB.

5 masters https://www.linkedin.com/in/jriverac/details/education/
4 masters https://www.linkedin.com/in/reynaldotapi...education/

Ah, I should have checked their page for alumni. Nothing was coming up when I used the search box. They're a lot like the ENEB students. It's hard to determine whether anyone has been able to use their degree since almost all of them have multiple graduate degrees. I came across one woman who's only attended TECH schools, and she's an administrative assistant.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Diplomado in mexico is like a certification.
It is not a full degree.
Someone created a subreddit for TECH students, but it only has one post so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/estudiantestech/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Just got their marketing email offering 50% off "scholarship", so it's about $2400 for a professional master... If the university issuing the diploma in Mexico is an accredited school, then it might be interesting?
It seems like Tech Universidad is offering PhD programs (aß mentioned in this thread) however I cannot find the program information on their website. I wasn't successful with the help of google neither. Can anyone help and post a link? ThanksSmile
They seem to be doing what the educational centers in Spain do: have a ton of programs and hire a ton of people to teach, although I've never seen an operation as massive as this one even from Spain. They seem to have A LOT of programs, much more than the average educational center.

It's not unheard of to see a Bachelor's holder teaching a graduate program in the Spanish-speaking regions as they place a bigger value on the Bachelor's degree than we do (it often qualifies people for licensure in those regions), but I still don't care for it much. That said, we've had people with no degrees at all teaching at Universities in the United States. Granted, those people usually got there by being highly recognized in their field through some special circumstance, but still.

In the end, it's important with these programs to make sure you know going in if the program you want is propio or official and if either will help you reach your goals. It's also a good idea to cruise the foreign credential evaluator sites and check to see if the school is accepted or not accepted for evaluation.
ELearner is a huge difference betwen spanish speaking europe and america related to the educative system. Now Europe is Bologna structure. Apart from the titulo propio thing, Europe should be quite similar. America are unrelated countries with each one a different set of rules. What is true is that the main title is the bachelor. Yiu build over this. Mainly is 90 or 120 credits(Spain has a 4 years bachelor) in your major for regulated studies.
Even in america each country has their regulations. They tend to keep most of the studies, or all, centered around the major.

In spain my teachers, even at bachelor level, had a master at least, most a PhD.
In mexico was not the case. Most had a licenciatura and some a master.
At master level in Mexico I had teachers with a licenciatura, but they where teaching their field and had years of experience. Still most had a master and some a PhD.
(05-19-2022, 10:26 AM)Kab Wrote: ELearner is a huge difference betwen spanish speaking europe and america related to the educative system.

Of course, but we're looking at a school that is operating based on processes and standards that certainly don't align with the American system, not that the American system is right on everything or many things for that matter.

(05-19-2022, 10:26 AM)Kab Wrote: In mexico was not the case. Most had a licenciatura and some a master.
At master level in Mexico I had teachers with a licenciatura, but they where teaching their field and had years of experience. Still most had a master and some a PhD.

That agrees with my earlier statement: It's not unheard of. It just means it happens enough to not be considered outrageous. To reiterate, I don't like the idea of it, but there's nothing I can do about it so I have to accept the way it is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • Kab

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,359 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
Question I would like to know if anyone knows Tech University? Yefren 16 1,713 11-28-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Universidad Central De Nicaragua - Psychology bjcheung77 32 5,818 11-15-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENEB transfer credit to Universidad Azteca/UCN and others Kalas 14 2,461 10-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,271 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,633 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ESHE/ALCALA & UCAM (and other Universidad) Master of Permanent Training in XXX yuwenjiaxuan 9 1,425 05-24-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  Technical Tech University Jerry123 6 1,176 03-15-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  LSUS MBA VS La Tech MBA gator1873 13 2,804 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity! jsd 145 43,571 01-11-2023, 05:10 PM
Last Post: 9yeire