Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX Courses at TESU
(05-17-2018, 11:29 AM)BSLIONS Wrote: Thanks guys, I gave them a call and they're working on it so hopefully they change it for me.

Same thing just happened to me today. I guess I will call on Monday
(05-18-2018, 10:30 PM)mikeid811 Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 11:29 AM)BSLIONS Wrote: Thanks guys, I gave them a call and they're working on it so hopefully they change it for me.

Same thing just happened to me today. I guess I will call on Monday

I talked to a guy in advising, really nice and helpful about everything. He had me email the advising department while he was working on it so that I'd have a ticket number and everything. He said he was going to continue to work on it and I should hear back through email but it was Friday so probably won't hear anything until Monday.
I don't know if it is helpful or not, but an advisor told me that only two of those three TEEX classes will count at TESU. Hopefully you find out differently.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kickedthehabit2's post:
  • cwendy111
Well they finally got around to updating my eval and now it looks like this. 

CYB-120 - Introduction to Cybersecurity  (Cyber Security for Business Professionals)

CIS-244 - Computer Security (Cyber Security for IT Professionals)

CAP-295 - Intro to Security Basics (Cyber Security for Everyone)

No duplicates, all credits from TEEX accepted. 
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

[-] The following 2 users Like BSLIONS's post:
  • sarg123, Yenisei
So....not actually upper level on those first two?
(05-31-2018, 11:39 AM)BSLIONS Wrote: Well they finally got around to updating my eval and now it looks like this. 

CYB-120 - Introduction to Cybersecurity  (Cyber Security for Business Professionals)

Sounds like they are aligning with ACE again, as none of these should have been UL in the first place (according to ACE).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-31-2018, 05:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 11:39 AM)BSLIONS Wrote: Well they finally got around to updating my eval and now it looks like this. 

Sounds like they are aligning with ACE again, as none of these should have been UL in the first place (according to ACE).

Well that really screws me then. Now I have to try to find another UL class and I wasted a lot of time on classes I didn't need.  Angry

I think I'm going to have to just be done with this then. I have already cut too far into time I needed to do other things in my life. If I have to do yet another class... I just don't have time for it.
(06-01-2018, 05:27 PM)fork Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 05:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Well that really screws me then. Now I have to try to find another UL class and I wasted a lot of time on classes I didn't need.  Angry

I think I'm going to have to just be done with this then. I have already cut too far into time I needed to do other things in my life. If I have to do yet another class... I just don't have time for it.

Yeah, I was counting on those UL TEEX credits in my degree plan as well. It's annoying to be sure. But in my case, I specifically didn't allocate all my GE electives so the extra LL CS courses can pad that out so I won't be wasting credits at least. But it does mean I now need to find another UL CS related course in addition to the Study.com CS 302 and 303. There is always the Study.com Digital Marketing course I suppose.

I wonder if the Saylor Software Engineering or Network Technology courses have been downgraded yet? They were both UL but are recommended LL on ACE.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
What about the DSST Cybersecurity. I looked around a bit and it seems to be essentially the same material as the TEEX courses and TESU has right on their website that it's UL. Seems stupid since it's the same content as the TEEX. A lot of this stuff is stupid like that. Like with the community college credits. Either I went to a very rigorous CC or it's all just games. Anyway, what about the DSST? Just don't send the TEEX transcript to them, take the DSST instead.

BTW I'm doing the study.com digital marketing right now. It's extremely easy except for the project.
I would say that if you already have the TEEX courses under your belt, the Cybersecurity DSST would be a good option (plus they're having a sale right now). My husband took it, and said it was really easy compared to the certification exams he takes here and there. He passed it and the MIS DSST easily, cold.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Ideas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore