Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX Cyber Ethics
Since TESU no longer accepts The Institutes Ethics, do you think TEEX Cyber Ethics will satisfy this requirement?  TIA
I wouldn't take that course and split it up like that, it'll only come in as 2 credits for TEEX. I would just take all the free TEEX courses and use them as free electives if you're going for the BALS or BSGS. Instead, I recommend taking the Sophia.org Ethics course as it's free and 3 credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Clepper43
Aww man, I didn't know this. I took it last month. Does it not count for Ethics or it doesn't count at all?
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(04-14-2020, 06:57 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: Aww man, I didn't know this. I took it last month. Does it not count for Ethics or it doesn't count at all?

took it Dec. 2019. did tesu application at end of march 2020 and the eval was done this week (mid april). they counted it as phil 288 professional ethics and listed it as lower level, area of study for BA liberal studies. I also took the sophia ethics (because of chatter on the forum that institutes doesn't count anymore). took that in March (while it was free) just before applying to tesu and they counted the sophia in the "ethics" category. Because I had the sophia ethics, I don't know if they would have put Institutes in ethics or not. I don't know when/who found out institutes isn't taken as ethics anymore or if that's a misunderstanding of something. would enjoy learning more about that.
oh, and teex cyber ethics came in as 2 gen ed credits.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Well I just sent over my ACE transcript over the weekend and am waiting for the results now. I’ll report back

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
There was a post here about it.  I'll try to find it and repost it here.  P226mem, it was great that it was counted for you.  My dd had just taken The Institutes in January and heard about it not being accepted anymore, she ended up taking Sophia's, too.  Well, I just hated that she had to take the extra Ethics if she didnt needed it.  Anyway, I'll report back.
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ay-3-19-20  pg9

Posts 41 Threads

Got a bunch of replies from advisors concerning planning out our degrees, so as far as Sophia.org, you'll want to keep these in mind:

TESU does not accept Introduction to Religion.

U.S. History I is set to expire 4/30/20.
U.S. History II is set to expire 6/30/20.
Introduction to Information Technology is set to expire 06/30/20.

You'll need to complete these three before those expiration dates.

Also, they stated that TESU is no longer accepting credit for Insurance Ethics from the Institute. But, you can take Sophia.org's Introduction to Ethics to fulfill the "Ethical Leadership" requirement.

So I'd personally prioritize those 4 before taking any other Sophia.org courses.

HTH!

Big Grin
This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 02:20 PM by CarpeDiem8.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sunshine7612's post:
  • cwendy111
@Sunshine7612

I saw all of that on that thread and thought "oh no.. I just took those"
but.
I'll have to read through the whole link to get the context of "TESU does not accept Introduction to Religion." TESU put Sophia Intro to Religion (which I took in Dec. 2019) on the eval (which was this week) as an General Education Elective.
Perhaps CarpeDiem8 knows a bit more of the context, such as "it does not count for diversity?" But it came in as Rel 100 and was placed in General Ed electives (on my eval which was done 2 days ago)

(04-14-2020, 08:29 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: Well I just sent over my ACE transcript over the weekend and am waiting for the results now. I’ll report back

I'll be interested in hearing about it especially based on how it went for mine this week.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(04-15-2020, 06:46 AM)P226mem Wrote: @Sunshine7612

I saw all of that on that thread and thought "oh no.. I just took those"
but.
I'll have to read through the whole link to get the context of "TESU does not accept Introduction to Religion."  TESU put Sophia Intro to Religion (which I took in Dec. 2019) on the eval (which was this week) as an General Education Elective.
Perhaps CarpeDiem8 knows a bit more of the context, such as "it does not count for diversity?" But it came in as Rel 100 and was placed in General Ed electives (on my eval which was done 2 days ago)

(04-14-2020, 08:29 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: Well I just sent over my ACE transcript over the weekend and am waiting for the results now. I’ll report back

I'll be interested in hearing about it especially based on how it went for mine this week.
Did you get credit for both Ethics or did they duplicate?
Sunshine7612,
Got credit for all 3 of the courses. nothing duplicated. BALS, locked in in the 2019A-2020 catalog.
Institutes ethics came in as Phil 288 Professional ethics and was placed in lower level area of study for BALS, 3 credits. sophia ethics as phil 180 (ethics requirement, 3 credits) and Teex cyber ethics as Cyb 122 (gen ed elective 2 credits) . very happy with that.

separate from that, the approaches to studying religion came in as gen ed elective. I had never seen it listed as "diversity" on tesu even when there was a transfer list. So I'm guessing that's what was meant in the other thread.

thought those details would be helpful to compare when cwendy gets back.

(04-15-2020, 02:40 PM)P226mem Wrote: Sunshine7612,
Got credit for all 3 of the courses. nothing duplicated. BALS, locked in in the 2019A-2020 catalog.
Institutes ethics came in as Phil 288 Professional ethics and was placed in lower level area of study for BALS, 3 credits. sophia ethics as phil 180 (ethics requirement, 3 credits) and Teex cyber ethics as Cyb 122 (gen ed elective 2 credits) . very happy with that.

separate from that, the approaches to studying religion came in as gen ed elective. I had never seen it listed as "diversity" on tesu even when there was a transfer list. So I'm guessing that's what was meant in the other thread.

thought those details would be helpful to compare when cwendy gets back.

I’m still waiting. I will definitely report back!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 365 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  teex death investigation course transfer to tesu Sb2013 7 1,726 08-18-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Insurance Ethics to TESU in 2022 natshar 15 1,559 01-25-2022, 01:27 PM
  TEEX courses accepted at TESU? Kevmock 6 974 11-18-2021, 12:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Specific ethics course question CourtneyBrooke 2 590 11-17-2021, 12:11 PM
  Will SDC Ethics in the Social Sciences work for the ethics requirements? studyingfortests 3 727 09-23-2021, 12:29 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  PHI 180 Intro to Ethics - disappeared! thecontrarian 3 775 08-28-2021, 12:27 AM
  TEEX to TESU? how do they transfer? nomaduser 1 954 08-12-2021, 09:56 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SDC Ethics in Social Sciences or Coopersmith Ethics for BALS requirement? studyingfortests 6 812 08-09-2021, 10:23 AM
  TESU ethics - free course with TheInstitutes? studyingfortests 2 638 07-19-2021, 08:17 PM