Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX Cyber courses are back with more credits
(02-24-2019, 10:03 AM)Mil0 Wrote: So I read through this thread and I'm still totally confused. I took the TEEX courses in January. They're on my ACE transcript and TESU has already evaluated them and added them to my transcript.

I was credited the original 6 hours. How can I get the additional credits? Or should I even bother? Attached is my TESU evaluation and the TEEX course listing that I've taken. 

Suggestions are appreciated! 

Since you took them AFTER 12/18 you can probably go in and add each one now without doing any additional work.
(02-24-2019, 04:41 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 10:03 AM)Mil0 Wrote: So I read through this thread and I'm still totally confused. I took the TEEX courses in January. They're on my ACE transcript and TESU has already evaluated them and added them to my transcript.

I was credited the original 6 hours. How can I get the additional credits? Or should I even bother? Attached is my TESU evaluation and the TEEX course listing that I've taken. 

Since you took them AFTER 12/18 you can probably go in and add each one now without doing any additional work.
If you added them to ACE and sent to TESU in January, then it would reflect the old evaluation. In February, they retroactively updated their recommendation. I'd say contact ace to have them update your transcript. 

Should you bother? I don't know. I guess it depends how helpful the extra few credits would be for you.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • cookderosa
(02-24-2019, 05:45 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 04:41 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

If you added them to ACE and sent to TESU in January, then it would reflect the old evaluation. In February, they retroactively updated their recommendation. I'd say contact ace to have them update your transcript. 

Should you bother? I don't know. I guess it depends how helpful the extra few credits would be for you.

It will probably involve submitting each of the courses individually. If you just have an update, it will be on the 3 Cybers, which won't slip you in the golden UL credit hidden in the bunch. Wink
I'm happy to report that I had taken the Cyber Security for Everyone/Business Professionals/IT Professionals credits under the previous ACE guidelines last year... I just took Information Risk Management over again and requested it to my transcript, and they've added it! Boom! One hour upper level credit.

So it looks like if you already had this credit prior January, and want to churn through the material again to get new credits on individual courses, that absolutely works! Might as well re-take most of the rest of them to bolster my credentials. If I ever go after a second bachelor's they'll come in handy, and you can't beat that price![Image: cc7e04c120ee4d6bf218b1b83e558a00-full.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • cookderosa, Life Long Learning, quigongene
(02-25-2019, 06:27 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm happy to report that I had taken the Cyber Security for Everyone/Business Professionals/IT Professionals credits under the previous ACE guidelines last year... I just took Information Risk Management over again and requested it to my transcript, and they've added it! Boom! One hour upper level credit.

So it looks like if you already had this credit prior January, and want to churn through the material again to get new credits on individual courses, that absolutely works! Might as well re-take most of the rest of them to bolster my credentials. If I ever go after a second bachelor's they'll come in handy, and you can't beat that price![Image: cc7e04c120ee4d6bf218b1b83e558a00-full.png]

Glad to hear this. I just logged into my son's ACE account and it's still pending.
I'm going to plan these in immediately. His only issue is that COSC already has his 6 cyber credits on his transcript - that's going to be something altogether different.
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it but I'm still unsure of the process. Do I just go back and try to add just the Information Risk Management course? Or do I go through Ace and add all of the 3 Cyber courses individually? Or email ACE and ask them to fix it?
(03-02-2019, 11:21 AM)Mil0 Wrote: Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it but I'm still unsure of the process. Do I just go back and try to add just the Information Risk Management course? Or do I go through Ace and add all of the 3 Cyber courses individually? Or email ACE and ask them to fix it?

There is nothing for ACE to fix. If you already have the Cyber courses on your transcript from BEFORE 12/2018 you can take them again and have them added for new and improved credits. If you took them AFTER 12/2018 you can just submit them again following the same process as before, but individually this time instead of as the Cybers.
I went into my ACE account and when I click on the individual courses, it has the updated credit hours. I think what I have to do is go to TESU and ask them to give me the appropriate credits because they only gave me 6 credits, but ACE shows that they're worth 10.
(02-25-2019, 06:27 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm happy to report that I had taken the Cyber Security for Everyone/Business Professionals/IT Professionals credits under the previous ACE guidelines last year... I just took Information Risk Management over again and requested it to my transcript, and they've added it! Boom! One hour upper level credit.

I wonder if the Information Risk Management 1 credit UL course will fit into the BALS AOS?  I need one UL credit there, since The Institutes PHI 385 is only 2 credits UL.  This would save me some time and money, if so.
TESU: BALS Capstone
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
CLEP: Eng Comp 
Sophia.org: Effective Teams, Managing Conflict, Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
CSM Learn: The CSM Course
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
The Institutes: Ethics
TECEP: Computer Concepts and Applications
ALEKS: College Algebra
The UL Information Risk Management transfers in as CIS-344 Computer Security.

Just informing everyone
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • badooble

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,556 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,562 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 701 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 756 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 510 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 268 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77