Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX Cyber courses are back with more credits
Guys, i started to AWR-175-W Information Security for Everyone at TEEX.

But saw that FEMA logo on it. Someone said that TESU doesn't accept FEMU courses.
Do you know that would TESU accept those courses?
Thanks in advance.
I know i ask lots of question, i'm just an international student and don't know anything about how system works.
Also anyone knows how could i tranfer those credits. Should i create an ACE account? Can't i transfer them directly to TESU?
(03-16-2019, 06:38 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Guys, i started to AWR-175-W Information Security for Everyone at TEEX.

But saw that FEMA logo on it. Someone said that TESU doesn't accept FEMU courses.
Do you know that would TESU accept those courses?
Thanks in advance.
I know i ask lots of question, i'm just an international student and don't know anything about how system works.
Also anyone knows how could i tranfer those credits. Should i create an ACE account? Can't i transfer them directly to TESU?

From what I understand, FEMA no longer accepts the independent study EMI courses. FEMA did work with TEEX to create the courses but the courses are ACE approved. Because they are ACE approved TESU will accept them. You are confusing TEEX and training.fema.gov courses.
Hi

I would like to know, if all those courses cyber security still free online course. I would like to register to prepare for my test comptia certification. If it still free course, can you help me to give me the step to get free courses.
(03-18-2019, 08:00 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Hi

I would like to know, if all those courses cyber security still free online course. I would like to register to prepare for my test comptia certification. If it still free course, can you help me to give me the step to get free courses.
Yes those courses are still free. I just started to 101 course recently. It is easy to apply. You should create an account, choose the course, then you're ready to go.
https://teex.org/Pages/Class.aspx?course...20Everyone

You can register from the link that i added above. 

Have a nice day.  Smile
(02-14-2019, 05:54 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Cyber 101: 
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 4 semester hours in cybersecurity. Students must complete TEEX-0277, TEEX-0278, and TEEX-0279 to receive credit for this course. 
-AWR 168: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in cyber law, cyber criminology, or cybercrime and digital law. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0277 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0250.
-AWR 174: 
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in information security and the Internet, digital literacy and online ethics, or introduction to cyber ethics. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0278 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0250. 

-AWR 175: 
In the vocational category, 1 semester hour in information security for everyone. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0279 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0250. 

So going forward it would make sense to only take AWR 168 and 174 and then request credit for them instead of taking 175 and requesting credit for cyber 101.

Cyber 201: 
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in introduction to computer security, digital forensics, or incident response. Students must complete TEEX-0280, TEEX-0281, TEEX-0282, and TEEX-0283 to receive credit for this course. 

AWR 138:
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in introduction to network security or network defense. TEEX-0280 Network Assurance and TEEX-0281 Digital Forensics Basics must both be successfully completed to earn 1 semester hour in the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category in introduction to network security or network defense. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0280 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0251.

- AWR 139:
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in introduction to network security or network defense. TEEX-0280 Network Assurance and TEEX-0281 Digital Forensics Basics must both be successfully completed to earn 1 semester hour in the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category in introduction to network security or network defense. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0281 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0251.
- AWR: 173: 
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in introduction to information security. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0282 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0251.

- AWR 178:
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in introduction to information security. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0283 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0251.

Previous post was too long so i separated them:

Cyber 301: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in introduction to computer security, business, or public management. Students must complete TEEX-0284, TEEX-0285, and TEEX-0286 to receive credit for this course.
-AWR 169:
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in introduction to information security, business, or risk management. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0284 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0252.
-AWR 176:
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 1 semester hour in disaster preparedness or introduction to information security. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0285 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0252.
-AWR 177: In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 1 semester hour in business, information risk management, or introduction to information security. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0286 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0252.

Hi 

I am trying to completing the Cyber 101 first. What you said (So going forward it would make sense to only take AWR 168 and 174 and then request credit for them instead of taking 175 and requesting credit for cyber 101.) I just need to complete the AWR 168 and AWR 174 only and I submitted for  Cyber101 for credit. Can you confirm it is correct?Also update the Awr 168 has 5 module and I don’t know if there are more modules.  Sad

thanks
Will any of these work towards the TESU BACS AOS credits?
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
I did all three couple years ago and have them on ace. (Total 6 CR). I'm wondering if i can re-do them and replace the old 6 cr to new 10 cr. Anyone tried?
(03-21-2019, 10:36 PM)mickey20 Wrote: I did all three couple years ago and have them on ace. (Total 6 CR). I'm wondering if i can re-do them and replace the old 6 cr to new 10 cr. Anyone tried?

Hi Mickey20

You may need to retake all the cyber security course. In order to get the 10 new credit it will need to be completed all the course after 12/18.
They may have new content.
(04-02-2018, 04:37 PM)YXJeff Wrote: It surprise and made me nervous that this course doesn't show up in ACE!  I would like it to be added to my ACE transcript but I cannot find it using the search the ACE website.  Weird. 

I just completed the exam with a 90% and I am hoping to have it apply to the Oral Communications requirement.

(03-21-2019, 10:36 PM)mickey20 Wrote: I did all three couple years ago and have them on ace. (Total 6 CR). I'm wondering if i can re-do them and replace the old 6 cr to new 10 cr. Anyone tried?

I done them early last year. Over the last month I have done 3 of the individual courses again and added them to my ACE. I have no idea what will happen when I transfer them to a school, but it looks like 6 different entries with a total of 11 credits on my ACE transcript.
(03-22-2019, 08:11 AM)xjarhead1999 Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 04:37 PM)YXJeff Wrote: It surprise and made me nervous that this course doesn't show up in ACE!  I would like it to be added to my ACE transcript but I cannot find it using the search the ACE website.  Weird. 

I just completed the exam with a 90% and I am hoping to have it apply to the Oral Communications requirement.

I done them early last year. Over the last month I have done 3 of the individual courses again and added them to my ACE. I have no idea what will happen when I transfer them to a school, but it looks like 6 different entries with a total of 11 credits on my ACE transcript.

which 3 of the individual courses did you take? maybe i will follow your way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,114 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,538 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 206 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,811 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 744 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,957 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 792 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 719 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 606 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 694 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger