Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX Cybersecruity
So TEEX was going to expire back in February and it was extended to the end of this month (May 31st)? Unfortunately my internet access and free time is limited until I return to the USA in a few weeks. I might have 6 or 7 days before May 31st to hopefully get all 3 courses done. 

I know the good advice is to assume nothing other than that it might not continue and to get credits ASAP. The fact that it could have possibly ended in Feb and got extended for another 2 months means something is up right? They don't typically review/re-up their ACE status every 2 months right?

I know this stuff is hard to predict but what does everyone's gut feeling say? Game over for TEEX at the end of this month or yet another short term extension???
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(05-02-2018, 06:27 PM)AwardTour Wrote: So TEEX was going to expire back in February and it was extended to the end of this month (May 31st)? Unfortunately my internet access and free time is limited until I return to the USA in a few weeks. I might have 6 or 7 days before May 31st to hopefully get all 3 courses done. 

I know the good advice is to assume nothing other than that it might not continue and to get credits ASAP. The fact that it could have possibly ended in Feb and got extended for another 2 months means something is up right? They don't typically review/re-up their ACE status every 2 months right?

I know this stuff is hard to predict but what does everyone's gut feeling say? Game over for TEEX at the end of this month or yet another short term extension???

An extension is typically granted by ACE when an organization is in process of renewing its ACE credit recommendation. Usually is done to give ACE time to review the course material again to confirm or adjust their credit recommendation. So this usually means they intend to renew it. It isn't a guarantee, but from what I recall, someone here had an email conversation with the TEEX folks a few months back where they indicated they were in process of renewal.

So, while I'd still recommend trying to get it done as soon as you get back to be safe, you have a pretty good chance that it will be either renewed or extended again.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • AwardTour
I think that it ends, disappears for four months and then reappears miraculously when no one is expecting it.
(05-02-2018, 07:06 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 06:27 PM)AwardTour Wrote: So TEEX was going to expire back in February and it was extended to the end of this month (May 31st)? Unfortunately my internet access and free time is limited until I return to the USA in a few weeks. I might have 6 or 7 days before May 31st to hopefully get all 3 courses done. 

An extension is typically granted by ACE when an organization is in process of renewing its ACE credit recommendation. Usually is done to give ACE time to review the course material again to confirm or adjust their credit recommendation. So this usually means they intend to renew it. It isn't a guarantee, but from what I recall, someone here had an email conversation with the TEEX folks a few months back where they indicated they were in process of renewal.

So, while I'd still recommend trying to get it done as soon as you get back to be safe, you have a pretty good chance that it will be either renewed or extended again.

Thanks for your insight Merlin.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Even if you can only get the first one Cyber101 done, my advice is to try and grab it. You never know about these govt-grant-funded projects, and though TEEX has been around a while, it's impossible to know what the future holds.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else having issues accessing TEEX lessons? delightfulwilderness 2 577 10-26-2021, 09:54 AM
Last Post: delightfulwilderness
  HELP! with TEEX to TESU please Lydclrk 9 1,893 02-01-2021, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Seagull
  TEEX - Did I do it wrong? rachel83az 6 1,120 10-29-2020, 03:41 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TEEX - Cyber Security for IT Professionals ?? nomaduser 5 1,194 08-18-2020, 07:00 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Questions about TEEX’s Death Investigation course Michelle779 3 1,703 06-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  TEEX Upper Levels? Clepper43 2 1,091 04-30-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEEX Cyber courses are back with more credits rvm 152 27,950 03-04-2020, 04:05 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Cyber security TEEX question EI2HCB 4 1,543 01-14-2020, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Raftingdon2
  TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses MNomadic 67 15,672 09-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teex cyber online course Imbanewbie 7 1,929 07-25-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie