Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduation?
Hi everyone,

After months of lurking and learning the ways of easy and fast alternative credit, I transferred all of my credit to TESU and then took my capstone and cornerstone. I paid the graduation fee and the residency waiver. I haven't heard anything since. When do you hear that you're, for certain, graduating?

I'm applying to grad school and I want to make sure I'll graduate in December, since I'd like to start January.
I think it can take a few weeks to hear anything back? The deadline for December graduation was to get everything finished and paid by October. If you didn't do that, it looks like you'll have a March graduation: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-19-2021, 10:54 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I think it can take a few weeks to hear anything back? The deadline for December graduation was to get everything finished and paid by October. If you didn't do that, it looks like you'll have a March graduation: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

Thanks for the info!

I got everything paid for in late October and all the classes for my degree were finished and graded by the first week of October. I did transfer in a class to finish up a certificate that came in November 2, but I figured that if I didn't get the certificate, that would be alright. The certificate was just for giggles anyway. So, hopefully it works out. If not, March isn't so bad.
March graduation should be the date, application deadline for December would be October 1. You can email them to see if they can bump you up to December graduation if you have completed all your courses by the end of October as Grad Auditing should have started already. I don't know if they would make exceptions to the late application for graduation, but if you have all your eggs in the basket and it's complete, I don't see why they couldn't just "graduate" you in Dec.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Technesse
(11-19-2021, 11:38 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: March graduation should be the date, application deadline for December would be October 1.  You can email them to see if they can bump you up to December graduation if you have completed all your courses by the end of October as Grad Auditing should have started already.  I don't know if they would make exceptions to the late application for graduation, but if you have all your eggs in the basket and it's complete, I don't see why they couldn't just "graduate" you in Dec.

I applied for graduation at the end of September, so who knows. I'll send in an email and see what happens.
(11-19-2021, 11:49 AM)Technesse Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 11:38 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: March graduation should be the date, application deadline for December would be October 1.  You can email them to see if they can bump you up to December graduation if you have completed all your courses by the end of October as Grad Auditing should have started already.  I don't know if they would make exceptions to the late application for graduation, but if you have all your eggs in the basket and it's complete, I don't see why they couldn't just "graduate" you in Dec.

I applied for graduation at the end of September, so who knows. I'll send in an email and see what happens.

Generally, they send you an email letting you know when they complete your audit to let you know if you'll be graduating.  I think I got an email 6 weeks in?  And was able to have 1 week to send a transcript that had gotten lost.  So you should have been audited by now.  I would contact them to see what's going on.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I finished my capstone and SOS-110 in the July cohort, for which last day of class was September 26th. I applied for graduation sometime in mid-September (I believe deadline was October 1st for December graduation.)

If you applied for graduation and paid the fee before October 1st (as it sounds like you did), then you should have gotten a notice that your transcript had been audited and your degree finalized. Mine came on October 20th. Do you have a receipt for payment of your graduation fee? (If not, look on your TESU financial accounting page to see if it's posted there.) If the fee is there, and dated prior to October 1st, you should be in the system for graduation.

Some graduate schools will accept the letter that TESU sends, saying that you've completed the requirements and the date the degree will be conferred. Other graduate programs require the actual transcript with the conferred degree on it.

My graduate program has conditional acceptance where they'll admit you to the program and let you start your first semester pending receipt of the final transcript. You might check with your school to see if this is the case with them, but in any case, you should be in the group that's graduating in December if you got your application for graduation in prior to October 1st.

I'd check in with them by phone (but make sure you get actual TESU people, not the worthless third-party service that answers the phone for them when they are overloaded with calls) and get confirmation.
(11-19-2021, 10:45 AM)Technesse Wrote: Hi everyone,

After months of lurking and learning the ways of easy and fast alternative credit, I transferred all of my credit to TESU and then took my capstone and cornerstone. I paid the graduation fee and the residency waiver. I haven't heard anything since. When do you hear that you're, for certain, graduating?

I'm applying to grad school and I want to make sure I'll graduate in December, since I'd like to start January.

If you have already applied and paid for graduation, then you should see a confirmation on your academic evaluation. Log in to the student portal, go to academic evaluation, then scroll all the way to the end, and you should see something that looks like this: 

11/02/21 Certified for BA degree in Psychology for December 10, 2021 Graduation 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 693 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,384 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  When to apply for graduation? Kones 1 225 01-06-2024, 02:13 PM
  How to enroll after graduation? No INTERNSHIP!! mt_1994 9 704 10-19-2023, 01:21 PM
  TESU transcript before graduation spohara 2 693 10-16-2022, 08:45 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Graduation question gams007 5 724 07-28-2022, 11:02 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Theoretical question: Adding ACE credits to a TESU transcript after graduation? studyingfortests 12 1,583 06-10-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Double Graduation Fee Concern Sallym 2 685 05-22-2022, 03:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Graduation Application for multiple degrees? elenlushk 4 1,020 12-12-2021, 10:32 PM
  Graduation Question Dorothy44 2 670 09-27-2021, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44