Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits)
(08-31-2022, 01:25 PM)vintage_jacket Wrote: @rachel83az, I read recently about ONU closing (real bummer), https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid375587.

If I'm reading this thread correctly, and the wiki for TEL, TEL is an alternative option for ONU if...

a) you want your TEL class transcribed from one of TEL's partners schools, https://www.tellearning.org/partners/ AND
b) Your "end school" accepts the credits from the partner schools.

Correct?

Yes.

Most schools probably aren't going to know, or care, about the ultimate source of the credit. All they'll care about is what the transcript from the partner university says. (I think a couple of them list TEL credits as transfers, which would mean that you cannot use them elsewhere.) The exception would be if students start asking about whether TESU/PUG/UMPI/etc. accepts "TEL credits". Of course you'll get told no.

But "TEL" isn't where your credits come from, as far as most places are concerned.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That's good news. Yeah, it makes sense to me. Students need to ask if their school accepts credits from the partner school.

Do we know of cases where the partner school classes have been accepted at Pierpont or Excelsior/TESU/UMPI? Feel free to point me to another thread if this has already been discussed.

I'm just checking if this might be a quicker alternative for some credits as I work on finishing for BOG AAS.
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
I don't think anyone has transferred TEL credits to Pierpont, though I could be wrong. As long as the courses are listed as being taken at the partner university, Pierpont should accept them. Excelsior, TESU, and UMPI should be the same way. I think some have been transferred to TESU in the past, but I don't remember what thread(s) that is mentioned in.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(08-31-2022, 02:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't think anyone has transferred TEL credits to Pierpont, though I could be wrong. As long as the courses are listed as being taken at the partner university, Pierpont should accept them. Excelsior, TESU, and UMPI should be the same way. I think some have been transferred to TESU in the past, but I don't remember what thread(s) that is mentioned in.

Thank you! I'd really like to take BIO+lab online if possible. I'll check out Iowa Wesleyan University first and see what comes back, since I'd prefer a transcript from a neighboring state (IL). But otherwise, it sounds like Mid-America Christian University has provided the best results so far.
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024

(08-31-2022, 04:50 PM)vintage_jacket Wrote: Thank you! I'd really like to take BIO+lab online if possible. I'll check out Iowa Wesleyan University first and see what comes back, since I'd prefer a transcript from a neighboring state (IL). But otherwise, it sounds like Mid-America Christian University has provided the best results so far.

The link to Iowa Wesleyan on the partner page hasn't been coded properly, but you can see the equivalents here: https://www.tellearning.org/partners/iow...niversity/ It looks good, but definitely contact the institution to ensure that the TEL credits don't show as transfers.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(09-01-2022, 03:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 04:50 PM)vintage_jacket Wrote: Thank you! I'd really like to take BIO+lab online if possible. I'll check out Iowa Wesleyan University first and see what comes back, since I'd prefer a transcript from a neighboring state (IL). But otherwise, it sounds like Mid-America Christian University has provided the best results so far.

The link to Iowa Wesleyan on the partner page hasn't been coded properly, but you can see the equivalents here: https://www.tellearning.org/partners/iow...niversity/ It looks good, but definitely contact the institution to ensure that the TEL credits don't show as transfers.

I had to contact them before about this. They do not show as transfers. BUT, the course codes and classes are not listed in their usual course catalog (which is where most registrars at the school you are transferring to will look). They also will not issue a syllabus, and will simply give you the TEL Learning one - with TEL Learning written all over it. Those two things combined make it really obvious it isn't an Iowa Wesleyan course. If you're transferring it to TESU they may not care. Other universities may be more problematic.
[-] The following 3 users Like sarahmac's post:
  • Arto, Pikachu, vintage_jacket
(09-01-2022, 05:05 AM)sarahmac Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 03:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

I had to contact them before about this. They do not show as transfers. BUT, the course codes and classes are not listed in their usual course catalog (which is where most registrars at the school you are transferring to will look). They also will not issue a syllabus, and will simply give you the TEL Learning one - with TEL Learning written all over it. Those two things combined make it really obvious it isn't an Iowa Wesleyan course. If you're transferring it to TESU they may not care. Other universities may be more problematic.

Yikes. I think I'm better off with Mid-America in that case. Thank you SO much for replying to this thread. It's so helpful when we're able to share our experiences. Smile

2 questions:

1. Is there a consensus on which TEL Learning classes are easiest for the 24 RA credits needed for TESU?
2. Is there a consensus on which uni is best to transcribe credits at?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 170 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 39,243 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,440 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,800 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 878 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 940 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 657 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,040 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits Antonella 14 2,022 10-16-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Max Sophia credits for SNHU eviliphone63 9 3,373 10-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore