Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNHU Free Elective Suggestion
Hi!

I have 15 credits remaining in free electives. I was wondering, which courses would be the easiest and cheapest to transfer at SNHU for free electives?

I was told on r/SNHU that this would be the forum to ask. If this is incorrect, I apologize.
Without knowing what you already have, it's kind of impossible to give suggestions. But Sophia or Saylor are usually the cheapest. Anything that you don't already have should work. For instance, don't take US History again if you already took it from SNHU or elsewhere.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Welcome to the forum! 

These courses at Sophia.org would be some of the easiest/quickest courses.
Environmental Science
Visual Communications
Intro to business
Intro to IT
Intro to nutrition

Generally, the courses without touchstones are the quickest. 
https://snhu.sophia.org/

Don't do Saylor courses, they are a waste of time. A lot of people fail those exams, so it's not worth the trouble compared to other options.

Btw what major are you doing at SNHU?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
SNHU takes NCCRS so Lawshelf should work. 5 courses for $105. Otherwise Sophia or instantcert are also good options depending on what you have done already. If you know a foreign language you could do the ACTFL language proficiency assessment too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FastTrackDegree's post:
  • rachel83az
@chipNdale2077, if you're close to a testing center or OK with CLEP remote testing at home, then you can try taking exams that you are very familiar with the subject matter. Free electives can be anything, as long as it doesn't duplicate your current credits. The options mentioned above will work as well... even Saylor.org at $5 or Onlinedegree.com for $9 each, again if you know the subject well and can pass the final!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 950 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  xamk Free Bachelors Degrees gams007 19 4,098 11-29-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Using Guild for CS at SNHU Yoloangie40 17 1,619 09-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SNHU vs UMPI? Duneranger 10 1,021 09-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  SNHU new gen ed requirements jdubley 63 5,541 08-20-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  My experience at SNHU as a BS Finance major neilsf 12 1,689 08-18-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 979 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,237 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  FREE SUMMER TUITION gams007 4 868 05-10-2023, 09:19 PM
  Max Sophia credits for SNHU eviliphone63 9 3,431 10-02-2022, 11:43 AM