Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits)
(03-30-2021, 06:25 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 06:07 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: How does English composition look at ONU? Is it onky assignments?

College Writing II is divided into 6 modules and each of these has a number of units. Some units have a quiz/test and some have a writing assignment. At the end, you are expected to write an essay of 8-10 pages in length that appears to build on what you have done in the prior assignments.
Thank u. Is it the same for Eng Composition 1? Smile
(03-31-2021, 02:55 PM)Cofffeee Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 06:25 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 06:07 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: How does English composition look at ONU? Is it onky assignments?

College Writing II is divided into 6 modules and each of these has a number of units. Some units have a quiz/test and some have a writing assignment. At the end, you are expected to write an essay of 8-10 pages in length that appears to build on what you have done in the prior assignments.
Thank u. Is it the same for Eng Composition 1? Smile

Some schools call it English Composition. TESU is one of those. Some schools call it College Writing. ONU is one of those. Greenville calls it Writing and Critical Inquiry. McMurry University calls it Composition & Rhetoric/Composition & Literature.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nomaduser
Can you guys show me courses numbers of TEL Learning courses at Mid-American Christian University?
i.e. HIST 1101, HIST 1201, etc...
(03-31-2021, 09:54 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Can you guys show me courses numbers of TEL Learning courses at Mid-American Christian University?
i.e. HIST 1101, HIST 1201, etc...

https://www.tellearning.org/partners/mid...con-tabs|1
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • nomaduser
wow! thanks!
(03-30-2021, 05:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 04:31 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: They dont have English comp 2, right?

They do, but it's a lot of work. It would be Literature & Composition if you transcript through MACU. (Language & Composition is English Comp I.) If you want RA English Comp credit, I would suggest ONU. I think ASU seemed like less work than TEL. TEL has quizzes & 5 assignments + 2 proctored exams. English Comp at ASU doesn't have proctored exams.
Thank you!
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
Hi, my first time posting on this forum. What a lovely community, thank you so much for all the helpful information.

I have a question. I'm an international student and I'm thinking of getting RA credit for Eng Comp 1 (and maybe Eng Comp 2). I might skip TOEFL requirements for TESU that way. I'm interested in BACS at TESU. After checking TEL equivalencies it seems that ENG 1100 Introductory Reading and Writing can be transcribed as ENG 101: Composition I for 3 credits only at Allen University. For other colleges at TEL you would have to pass ENG 1303 Language and Composition, but this is transcribed as ENG 102: Composition II at Allen University ( https://www.tellearning.org/partners/all...con-tabs|2 ). I'm curious if this might be the easiest way for an international student to knock off Eng Comp 1 and/or Eng Comp 2 requirements assuming that ENG 1100 Introductory Reading and Writing is easier than ENG 1303 Language and Composition. Will this transfer as Eng Comp 1 and 2 at TESU? What are you thoughts on my plan?

Have a great day Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes aleksa's post:
  • Pikachu
(05-04-2021, 04:09 PM)aleksa Wrote: Hi, my first time posting on this forum. What a lovely community, thank you so much for all the helpful information.

I have a question. I'm an international student and I'm thinking of getting RA credit for Eng Comp 1 (and maybe Eng Comp 2). I might skip TOEFL requirements for TESU that way. I'm interested in BACS at TESU. After checking TEL equivalencies it seems that ENG 1100 Introductory Reading and Writing can be transcribed as ENG 101: Composition I for 3 credits only at Allen University. For other colleges at TEL you would have to pass ENG 1303 Language and Composition, but this is transcribed as ENG 102: Composition II at Allen University ( https://www.tellearning.org/partners/all...con-tabs|2 ). I'm curious if this might be the easiest way for an international student to knock off Eng Comp 1 and/or Eng Comp 2 requirements assuming that ENG 1100 Introductory Reading and Writing is easier than ENG 1303 Language and Composition. Will this transfer as Eng Comp 1 and 2 at TESU? What are you thoughts on my plan?

Have a great day Smile

Yes, that is probably the easiest way to get those credits.  That's a new partner, and I was just telling someone that this would be awesome for someone to get credit that way.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • aleksa
(05-04-2021, 04:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 04:09 PM)aleksa Wrote: Hi, my first time posting on this forum. What a lovely community, thank you so much for all the helpful information.

Have a great day Smile

Yes, that is probably the easiest way to get those credits.  That's a new partner, and I was just telling someone that this would be awesome for someone to get credit that way.

Thank you for a fast reply. I've learned a ton from your posts here, thank you so much Smile. I'm super happy that I've discovered this path as cheap way to possibly skip TOEFL costs and stress while gaining 6/24 RA needed for BSCS at TESU.
U can consider ONU too. It has no mid term exams. U need to complete just quizzes, forum posts and assignments
[-] The following 2 users Like Cofffeee's post:
  • aleksa, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 201 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,111 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,463 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,831 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 894 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 979 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 671 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,072 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits Antonella 14 2,069 10-16-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Max Sophia credits for SNHU eviliphone63 9 3,430 10-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore