Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits)
(12-18-2020, 05:02 AM)LevelUP Wrote: ok, i found it.

Good! TEL is very upfront about the content of their courses, and does, imo, an excellent job of disclosing what's involved. People considering TEL should take the time to review that free course content before signing up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • rachel83az
(12-18-2020, 02:31 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: Is TEL already on the DF wiki page? If not, it sounds like it needs to be.

It is, yes. I added dfrecore's breakdown of the institutions yesterday. I add more as more information comes to light.

BTW, there is a thread here where a 15% discount on TEL Learning is mentioned. Not sure if it's still active but it's worth looking for and trying if you are one of those people who find themselves needing TEL Learning now.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-18-2020, 06:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 02:31 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: Is TEL already on the DF wiki page? If not, it sounds like it needs to be.

It is, yes. I added dfrecore's breakdown of the institutions yesterday. I add more as more information comes to light.

BTW, there is a thread here where a 15% discount on TEL Learning is mentioned. Not sure if it's still active but it's worth looking for and trying if you are one of those people who find themselves needing TEL Learning now.

It is still active, TELhome15.  I used it yesterday,
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I wonder how each partner school will note this on their transcript. It sounds an awful lot like old school credit laundering.

The partners are granting credit based on what they believe is an equivalent credit, but there is no guarantee that TESU would accept it and as regional credit.

As I understand TESU’s new policy, it is meant to be 24 hours taken at a RA school. I may be wrong but why would they leave a work around like this?

Before spending the money,I’d want to see how the partners transcript (does it mention TEL?) and know how TESU will accept them.

I’d check with TESU because I think they would likely not consider it “regionally accredited” credit.

Just because a RA school puts something on their transcript does not mean another has to accept it.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(12-18-2020, 05:02 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: I wonder how each partner school will note this on their transcript. It sounds an awful lot like old school credit laundering.

The partners are granting credit based on what they believe is an equivalent credit, but there is no guarantee that TESU would accept it and as regional credit.

As I understand TESU’s new policy, it is meant to be 24 hours taken at a RA school. I may be wrong but why would they leave a work around like this?

Before spending the money,I’d want to see how the partners transcript (does it mention TEL?) and know how TESU will accept them.

I’d check with TESU because I think they would likely not consider it “regionally accredited” credit.

Just because a RA school puts something on their transcript does not mean another has to accept it.

It is not like credit laundering. It is true that TESU does not have to accept ANYTHING in transfer, but this works just like Outlier or Westcott.

If TESU doesn't accept courses from the partner colleges then they shouldn't even accept their own online courses.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
ASU's Earned Admission College Algebra course uses ALEKS, which they've been doing for longer than TEL Learning has been around.

Not sure why now it should suddenly be a problem for universities to recognise self-paced, alternate forms of learning.
[-] The following 2 users Like innen_oda's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
(12-18-2020, 05:10 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 05:02 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: I wonder how each partner school will note this on their transcript. It sounds an awful lot like old school credit laundering.

It is not like credit laundering. It is true that TESU does not have to accept ANYTHING in transfer, but this works just like Outlier or Westcott.

If TESU doesn't accept courses from the partner colleges then they shouldn't even accept their own online courses.

If you checK TESU’s database, one of TEL’s partners isnt even listed....

Now it may be that is because no one has transferred yet.

(12-18-2020, 05:37 PM)innen_oda Wrote: ASU's Earned Admission College Algebra course uses ALEKS, which they've been doing for longer than TEL Learning has been around.

Not sure why now it should suddenly be a problem for universities to recognise self-paced, alternate forms of learning.

How does TESU transcript that ASU College Algebra course?

The database lacks a LOT of things that could possibly transfer to TESU. Just because it is not listed there doesn't mean that it won't. There are a heck of a lot of colleges/universities in the US and TESU hasn't had students from every single one.

And the ALEKS course @ ASU transcripts as a regular college algebra class from ASU. So does the Calculus class that uses the Gradarius platform rather than anything directly from ASU.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • BrianFallon, Pikachu
(12-18-2020, 05:58 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The database lacks a LOT of things that could possibly transfer to TESU. Just because it is not listed there doesn't mean that it won't. There are a heck of a lot of colleges/universities in the US and TESU hasn't had students from every single one.

And the ALEKS course @ ASU transcripts as a regular college algebra class from ASU. So does the Calculus class that uses the Gradarius platform rather than anything directly from ASU.

My main point is it does not sound like TESU has said HOW or IF they’ll accept it and if it’s RA.

If TESU was predictable, and allowed this, would we all not just take cheap Shmoop classes and find a RA school to transcript so we can transfer it to TESU?

(12-18-2020, 06:05 PM)BrianFallon Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 05:58 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The database lacks a LOT of things that could possibly transfer to TESU. Just because it is not listed there doesn't mean that it won't. There are a heck of a lot of colleges/universities in the US and TESU hasn't had students from every single one.

My main point is it does not sound like TESU has said HOW or IF they’ll accept it and if it’s RA.

If TESU was predictable, and allowed this, would we all not just take cheap Shmoop classes and find a RA school to transcript so we can transfer it to TESU?

The thing is that's not the same the ASU course for example uses ALEKS as the learning platform. The course and the credit is from ASU not from ALEKS. Since you used Schmoop, those credits were from being evaluated by ACE not a College or University using another as a platform for their course.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 197 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,093 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,462 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,827 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 893 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 978 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 670 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,068 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits Antonella 14 2,067 10-16-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Max Sophia credits for SNHU eviliphone63 9 3,430 10-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore