Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits)
aleksa, where are you from? The BACS from TESU is a great option, you should just continue on with what you're working on now, make sure to take 24 RA credits and then you can use ACE/NCCRS for the rest. One thing to note is that, UMPI is coming out with a BSCS as well, they also take International Students. Don't rush yourself, pace your course work and if UMPI seems to be a 'better' fit, then decide then. You still need to get your general education/free electives done anyways, all the courses you currently take should transfer to both schools.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks @Cofffeee for suggesting ONU, I will check it out. That might even be better because Allen University isn't listed at https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit . The ones you suggest at ONU are ENGL 109 College Writing I -> ENC 101 English Composition I or ENGL 102/103 at ONU?

Hi @bj, I'm from Serbia. I believe my English is good enough to pass TOEFL but I HATE these types of exams and I could use those ~$250 for college credits Smile Thank you, that's a great input for BSCS at UMPI. I actually think that BSCS sounds better than BACS to future employers and grad admissions. That would probably be a better option, I will have to read more about it at https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-Science . I like competency based costs and was hoping to get BSCS at WGU before realizing that they don't accept international students ( even considered getting how I might get an ITIN to make it look I'm in the US). I'm wondering if they offer Pass/Fail or a letter grade. My end goal is Georgia Tech OMSCS so having a 3.0 GPA would be beneficial. I also want to thank you, I've read so many of your posts and learned a lot. This forum is life-changing for me Smile
Forgive my ignorance but how are y'all finding out about the number of quizzes, midterms, and proctored exams for each course?
(06-05-2021, 11:14 PM)kingerock Wrote: Forgive my ignorance but how are y'all finding out about the number of quizzes, midterms, and proctored exams for each course?

Because course catalog is publicly available and contains all that information:
https://www.tel-education.org/course-catalog/
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
Does anyone have any experience with double dipping on TEL discounts? This (https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.com/discounts-2/) lists a 15% off code for one course that expires at the end of the month, and a 10% off code that expires in Sept. What I'd ideally like to do is use the 15% off code now to see if it's a fit for me, and then if it is, come back in a few weeks and use the 10% of code for the other courses I need.

I like that their course catalog and content is viewable online, and while they're slightly more expensive than ONU, I do like that they're super transparent with their course info.
[-] The following 1 user Likes canuckian's post:
  • Pikachu
(06-21-2021, 04:21 PM)canuckian Wrote: Does anyone have any experience with double dipping on TEL discounts? This (https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.com/discounts-2/) lists a 15% off code for one course that expires at the end of the month, and a 10% off code that expires in Sept. What I'd ideally like to do is use the 15% off code now to see if it's a fit for me, and then if it is, come back in a few weeks and use the 10% of code for the other courses I need.

I like that their course catalog and content is viewable online, and while they're slightly more expensive than ONU, I do like that they're super transparent with their course info.

Yes, you should be able to use coupons whenever you want to.  Obviously you can't use 2 at once, but one on 1 course, and then another on another will work.  If you end up liking it, I think you can use the 15% off one again until it expires too.  So if you wanted to buy 3 courses using the code, you can.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I have a few questions I've been trying to figure out, so I'm hoping someone can help me:

- How do I register for a TEL course? Is there a link?
- How do I actually complete a TEL course? Is there a link?
- How to I transcribe a TEL course? Is there a link?
- Do I need to register as a student with the transcribing school? Are there links?

These may be a silly questions, but I feel like I've spent hours searching all over TEL web pages, and I don't see any way to register or complete courses. I only see a way to pay for a course, but no way to actually do anything...
As I understand it, you must buy the course first. During this process, you choose the school the course will be transcribed at. Make sure to choose wisely! Some schools have sub-optimal options. MACU seems to still be the best for most purposes. Once you have purchased the course, you will be sent information on completing the course at your chosen school. You will have no further contact with TEL. You will be a student of the school. But (as far as I'm aware) you don't have to explicitly register at the school in question. It's all automatic as you buy the course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-09-2021, 01:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote: As I understand it, you must buy the course first. During this process, you choose the school the course will be transcribed at. Make sure to choose wisely! Some schools have sub-optimal options. MACU seems to still be the best for most purposes. Once you have purchased the course, you will be sent information on completing the course at your chosen school. You will have no further contact with TEL. You will be a student of the school. But (as far as I'm aware) you don't have to explicitly register at the school in question. It's all automatic as you buy the course.

Thank you for attempting to explain the process!

I've tried exploring many TEL pages, and I've experimented with adding courses to the shopping cart, trying to find anything that links a course to a school. I've now gone as far as purchasing a course, and there is still nothing about any particular school. So far there is only a receipt - nothing about a school, or how, when, or where to even begin the course.

I'm guessing this is due to one of the following explanations:
- I somehow missed the part of the process where I was supposed to select a school, despite searching everywhere.
- The process is so broken that I need to reach out to customer service to beg them to provide the product I've already paid for?
- The shopping cart system is not actually intended to be used - maybe all purchases must be completed over the phone??
- Something obvious to everyone else that I'm missing???

If anyone can shed some light on this process and tell me I'm doing it all wrong, that would be great! If not, I'll reach out to customer service and provide an update here when I know more.
For some reason, their fancy little sidebar cart hides the relevant information. https://www.tellearning.org/cart/

Quote:Payment and Registration Process
Thank you for your interest in TEL courses! Here is what you can expect from the payment and registration process:
Step 1: The first step is payment. This step is separate from registration, so just enter the information of the person who is paying. The email address you add here will be where the receipt is sent.
We can only do registration for one student at a time, so please purchase courses for different students separately.
Step 2: Once the payment has been processed, you’ll automatically be prompted to fill out the registration form. Here, please include the student information as well as the parent/guardian information, if applicable. All the welcome information will be sent to the student email address you provide.
Both  payment and registration are required to enroll in the course. If you have any questions or concerns at any point during or after signing up, please email support@tellibrary.org.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 196 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,081 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,460 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,827 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 892 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 978 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 670 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,066 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits Antonella 14 2,066 10-16-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Max Sophia credits for SNHU eviliphone63 9 3,429 10-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore