Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits)
(11-09-2021, 03:37 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For some reason, their fancy little sidebar cart hides the relevant information. https://www.tellearning.org/cart/

This is really interesting - thank you again! Yes, I never saw this version of the shopping cart.

If I understand the instructions correctly, a registration page was supposed to display after I paid, which never happened for me. What a bizarre process! Hopefully customer service will be able to sort out the mess.
I think the sidebar cart is new. I don't remember seeing it before when playing around with the TEL site. If so, it seems you're the first person to be unlucky enough to encounter this issue. Hopefully, they go back to linking directly to the cart page and get rid of the sidebar cart! Especially since it seems to have messed up the whole process.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Update:

Customer service provided the link for registration:
https://www.tellearning.org/courses-on-d...istration/

That was it; problem solved. They seem to be aware of the issue already, so hopefully will be fixed at some point.

Thank you again rachel83az for your help!
Awesome! I'm glad that you were able to get this taken care of quickly. Good luck with your course(s).
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(11-09-2021, 03:27 AM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 01:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote: As I understand it, you must buy the course first. During this process, you choose the school the course will be transcribed at. Make sure to choose wisely! Some schools have sub-optimal options. MACU seems to still be the best for most purposes. Once you have purchased the course, you will be sent information on completing the course at your chosen school. You will have no further contact with TEL. You will be a student of the school. But (as far as I'm aware) you don't have to explicitly register at the school in question. It's all automatic as you buy the course.

Thank you for attempting to explain the process!

I've tried exploring many TEL pages, and I've experimented with adding courses to the shopping cart, trying to find anything that links a course to a school. I've now gone as far as purchasing a course, and there is still nothing about any particular school. So far there is only a receipt - nothing about a school, or how, when, or where to even begin the course.

I'm guessing this is due to one of the following explanations:
- I somehow missed the part of the process where I was supposed to select a school, despite searching everywhere.
- The process is so broken that I need to reach out to customer service to beg them to provide the product I've already paid for?
- The shopping cart system is not actually intended to be used - maybe all purchases must be completed over the phone??
- Something obvious to everyone else that I'm missing???

If anyone can shed some light on this process and tell me I'm doing it all wrong, that would be great! If not, I'll reach out to customer service and provide an update here when I know more.

I got bogged down in that as well - back when we did it (last December), they had Greenville as the default school, and I didn't even realized I'd "chosen" a school until I'd purchased the course.  It was SO confusing.  I sent an email to them telling them about the horrible process, and they said they'd work on it, but I haven't purchased since so I didn't know if they ever fixed the problems.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Anyone with Tel?
Need some help here. I finished 1st course a week ago.
Question 1, how do I check the credit? I don't think it is reasonable to contact the university.... I didn't receive email or anything.
Question 2, how can I purchase second course? Try to buy the second one but the website says I am a return customer,  I have to login in to purchase. I don't think I have ever created a password with them. OK, there is a " lost in password " option , but never receive any email to rest password. Tried it everyday, 7 days strike.
Question 3, are the still on business?  Sent service request through "contact us", but never receive any feedback. I did call once, one guy answered and said he will make a note my issues. Yes, he hanged my phone before I told him my problem. Thought he was polite,  no doubt. 
I doubt checked my spam email box.
I was surprised at how responsive customer service was, but maybe I got lucky?
This is the contact info I have:
instructionalservices@tel-education.org| 866-714-9907

I did receive an email from them with login information after I registered. That's how I was able to take the course. If you don't have that email, and you have no way to log in, then definitely try to call customer service again until you get things straightened out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • Pikachu
(12-13-2021, 10:47 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: I was surprised at how responsive customer service was, but maybe I got lucky?
This is the contact info I have:
instructionalservices@tel-education.org| 866-714-9907

I did receive an email from them with login information after I registered. That's how I was able to take the course. If you don't have that email, and you have no way to log in, then definitely try to call customer service again until you get things straightened out.
Issue fixed. Thank you.
For anyone who is interested in TEL classes now that ONU is going away, it appears that all courses (except labs) are now worth 3 credits at all partner colleges/universities. Chinese MAY be worth 5 credits at some colleges/universities, however the course is archived and it may not be possible to take the course now. Some other courses used to be listed as being worth 4 or 5 credits at some institutions, but that is no longer the case.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(08-31-2022, 12:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For anyone who is interested in TEL classes now that ONU is going away, it appears that all courses (except labs) are now worth 3 credits at all partner colleges/universities. Chinese MAY be worth 5 credits at some colleges/universities, however the course is archived and it may not be possible to take the course now. Some other courses used to be listed as being worth 4 or 5 credits at some institutions, but that is no longer the case.

@rachel83az, I read recently about ONU closing (real bummer), https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid375587.

If I'm reading this thread correctly, and the wiki for TEL, TEL is an alternative option for ONU if...

a) you want your TEL class transcribed from one of TEL's partners schools, https://www.tellearning.org/partners/ AND
b) Your "end school" accepts the credits from the partner schools.

Correct?

Partner schools
  1. Allen University
  2. College of Mount Saint Vincent
  3. Hannibal-LaGrange University
  4. Iowa Wesleyan University
  5. Jacksonville University
  6. Lane College
  7. Mid-America Christian University
  8. McMurry University
  9. Oklahoma Christian University
  10. Salem University
  11. McMurry University
  12. University of Saint Katherine
  13. McMurry University
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 246 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,870 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,571 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,944 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 958 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,089 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 708 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,152 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits Antonella 14 2,116 10-16-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Max Sophia credits for SNHU eviliphone63 9 3,541 10-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore