Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC - BA Social Sciences? Liberal Studies?
cookderosa Wrote:>>

The person who you spoke to is mistaken. TESC absolutely -100%- beyond a shadow of a doubt-i'd bet you my first born son- counts 200 level and above as "upper level." According to Dr. Keel on the TESC Official board, they are hiring a lot of new advisors to help with the work load, I think you got someone new.

Second, while liberal studies is kindest, you don't need it. Your credits are in social science- you ALREADY have your major earned!?!?!? That's for people without a major. Sorry, whoever you spoke to is an idiot.

That said, it is totally your decision.

I wish I would have read this before I applied yesterday -- I put in Liberal Studies. How hard is it to change this after the evaluation is complete, or maybe I can give them a call and tell them to change it to Social Sciences before they even get my transcripts?

Thanks again, you've all been a big help.
Hey livingproof.

It's not hard at all to change your degree plan at all. I just changed mine from A.S & B.S in Business Administration to BA in Communications. I think I did that like a week and a half after the fact.

I was accepted into TESC on May 7, 2008 and I just received my "unofficial evaluation" yesterday, June 21.

Just call the admissions office...tell them that you are a new applicant to the school and tell them your issue. They'll notify you by email when it's been received and changed. I got a response back within 1.5 hours. If you do it while it is still early it won't delay your evaluation since they haven't even received your transcripts yet.

Hope this info helps you.

From a loyal degree seeker,

Marshall

To OnMyWay: Thanks for the kind words!!!! I thought someone would get a kick out of that!
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
Thanks Marshall. Can you tell me what you mean by "unofficial evaluation" -- is this the evaluation that TESC gave you to guide your course study -- I would assume that's "official" so some clarification would be great. Thanks!
TESC advisors will not always tell you what is the best degree for you, but I have never had a problem with changing. I changed it 2 or 3 times before I settled for my AA and I changed my proposed classes or test more than that. Usually a phone call or e-mail does the job. Once you are officially enrolled you will get a student ID and can go on the TESC student forum, in the mean time you might want to check the UNofficial forum;UNOFFICIAL THOMAS A. EDISON STATE COLLEGE - Login.
Some knowledgable people there can help with your TESC specific questions
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
They call it an "unofficial evaluation" until you actually ENROLL in the college. Then once you enroll, I believe they do another updated evaluation for you.

-Marshall
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,587 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,499 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,731 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,814 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  TESU LIberal Studies, what qualifies jeffreymb 9 2,261 07-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone omuneek 8 2,622 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU BA Liberal Studies Degree Plan junipers 4 2,125 05-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Last Post: JanuarySunshine
  Is anyone here in: 2018MAY Liberal Arts Capstone (LIB-495-OL008) @TESU Johmford 6 1,749 05-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk