Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC / BSBA in Gen. Mgmt. - 100% test out plan sanity check
thehandsomedan Wrote:@joshh_
Have you checked with TESC admissions to see if your findings will truly work? I'm working up a plan with options including CLEP, DSST, ALEKS, and StraighterLine. Just trying to figure out how to get the vast majority of these classes done via testing.

I've got some pretty severe ADHD, so when a class isn't going at my pace I can't keep my head wrapped around it... On the other hand, crunching and testing -that's my speed. I'm *hoping* to get 80-90% of my classes done via testing, but I need to make sure I'm accounting for all my courses, including the upper level requirements. Keeping in mind:

Section II, Part B:
For this degree, 12 of these Credits must be at 300/400 level.
Must have at least 1 three-semester-hour course in 3 out of the 4 areas: Accounting, finance, management, marketing. (For example, 1 class in Accounting, 1 in finance and 1 in marketing would together satisfy the goal).
These classes must be above introductory level.

Section II: Part C: Business electives
Complete 9 or more semester hours from one of the four study areas: (accounting, finance, management, marketing)
12 semester hours within the specialization must be at 300/400 level

Can anyone verify the findings above, or suggest a plan that would provide the majority of courses be tested out? Section II Part B and C seem to be giving me the most grief here... BSBA in General Management Degree Program

I already posted a link to a test out plan above. It's on the Degree Forum Wiki.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
@joshh_

I was looking at your revised plan and noticed that you have listed both the Humanities CLEP and Social Sciences and History CLEP as 3 credits each. TESC counts these two exams as 6 credits each. You can find this info here.
If you want a gpa you will have to take at least one class from TESC (not a tecep but actual course) if you do decide to go the per-credit tuition plan, which is way cheaper if just doing one class, then you will just need your 7 teceps plus the online tesc course to meet your 24 credit residency requirement and have an actual gpa recorded on your transcripts (based only on the one class) but it will also by default be your accumulative gpa so make sure you ace it.
Does TESC accept these FEMA credits RAW or do they need to be transcripted at another college? I've seen on the forum that people are paying $97 PER CREDIT to have them transcripted and then sent to TESC. If true then that takes all the fun out of "free" credits.
managerman Wrote:Does TESC accept these FEMA credits RAW or do they need to be transcripted at another college? I've seen on the forum that people are paying $97 PER CREDIT to have them transcripted and then sent to TESC. If true then that takes all the fun out of "free" credits.

Yes. TESC accepts FEMA courses "raw". Excelsior[I believe] doesn't accept them raw so, people had them transcribed at another school and then sent to Excelsior.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
Hey Unrendered, I like your outline but I have a couple of questions. Isn't business in society a DSST? you have a TECEP. Any reason why?

Also, Managerial communications is Uexcel, what is that?

Lastly, for the area of study business management (which is the same degree as mine) you picked
Security Analysis and Portfolio Management (FIN-321) TECEP
Small Business Management (MAN-432) TESC GS

Where I have money and banking / management information systems both DSST tests.
The small business management TESC GS seems like a good choice to replace one of the tests I picked, what made you select those 2 courses?
rmonte Wrote:Also, Managerial communications is Uexcel, what is that?

Uexcel is Excelsior College's equivalent of TESC's TECEPs

Excelsior College | UExcel Home

Each school accepts the others' tests.
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
ironheadjack Wrote:Yes. TESC accepts FEMA courses "raw". Excelsior[I believe] doesn't accept them raw so, people had them transcribed at another school and then sent to Excelsior.

FEMA credits need to be "washed" through a community College in Maryland which costs $77 per credit so if you are at EC its worth coming up with another method, financially at least. I think its Fredricksburg CC but I've never used them for my FEMA stuff because my other credits made up my electives already Smile Also I found the FEMA courses I've had to take for work fairly boring.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Can I take uexcel without enrolling, how much per credit? thank you for the information.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,016 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,305 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,894 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
  TESU BA in History Plan - Critiques? mysonx3 4 2,127 08-21-2018, 08:54 AM
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA ckndinner 3 1,673 08-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: prolific_change
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,638 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999